Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 108

Author Topic: Generation of Destiny 2: OOC thread  (Read 82241 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Generation of Destiny 2: Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #210 on: June 06, 2014, 05:37:51 pm »

I believe the general plot will revolve around the tensions forming between our kingdom and the lower kingdom.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 06, 2014, 05:39:02 pm »

Don't split the party, or the GM will murder you! That's an integral part of plot!
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2014, 05:40:27 pm »

I believe the general plot will revolve around the tensions forming between our kingdom and the lower kingdom.
Oh. Yeah. That was a thing, wasn't it? Lower kingdom, eh? Looks like we won't be heading south after all, so that's less work on my part.

Could still have any of those things or more, though.

Don't split the party, or the GM will murder you! That's an integral part of plot!
Yeah, but we're more likely to die this time anyways, so why not get rid of the nuke that kills the rest of us?
Take a closer look at this text!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 06, 2014, 05:46:17 pm »

But yeah, that is kind of... Well, you know. Just a slap in the face, because not only can we not kill him if we dislike him because we'll all die, but we're forced to protect him over anyone else in combat, because if we don't... We'll all die. And we can't let him get too stressed out. Hnnnngh.
And on top of that he gets an intelligence score for some reason? AND maws of death? AND he's the oldest and most experienced character? AND practically the only carry-over from the last game? You gotta admit, it seems kinda unfair and a good way to make the game unfun real easy if everyone's not really careful.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2014, 05:57:10 pm »

Um, anyways. Keeeevaaaak, yous said it would be done todaaaay!

Uh... So, anybody up for being the healer? Um... So, what's up with everybody? What's your blood type? Which of the four temperaments are you?

And he also regenerates but has a chance of going insane... I get the intelligence bonus for Ril because he's been around the longest, although I also recall something about being unable to learn new skills?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 06, 2014, 06:08:07 pm »

I can tweak my character to be the healer. I wanted Lukas to be a support character in combat anyway. I kinda wandered off from what I wanted him to be.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 06, 2014, 07:31:42 pm »

Not unable to learn, just really hard as they get older.

I said today or tomorrow.

They don't always explode, sometimes they petrify, or freeze, or melt, or catch on fire, or warp space, or really any unpleasant or strange magical effect you can think of, they get more damaging to the surroundings the longer they are in one place. Most discharges are harmless. Some are even amusing.
They only get bad with high stress. Also read that race sheet, plenty of other things balance it.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 06, 2014, 07:37:28 pm »

Alright, I need to vent...

Look, I know I'm just as guilty of this, but frankly, a lot of this has been "Yes, we need to discuss X", without any actual major discussion of it, if at all. Not being rude to Kevak, since he's making the system, but it seems like we're also not really considering other's point of view - the magic thing, for example. Now, it's going to be a complex, mana based system, even though we had talked about making it a limited-use-per-day thing. Likewise, with the stats. Honestly, I can't say much since we haven't seen the rules yet, but based on that wall of text that Kevak posted... Frankly, this thing is going to be a bitch for people making their own races, and for the people that aren't Kevak that have to handle this when they're not on. I mean, yeah, it's cool that they'll increase through play, but they degrade too, if I'm not mistaken, so we're pretty much going to be spending the game playing in a very specific manner to try to balance getting our stats up while preventing that stat drops. Then, what about, basically, vacation periods? Where we're not doing anything but relaxing? Are all stats going to degrade? Or will we hold off? Or only some?

This... Well, I don't see how we're going to level up, I don't remember if he said we aren't, but, well... It's be nice to pick a new bonus or ability or whatever you want to call it each level. It's something we hadn't decided on that just got blown out of the water when Kevak said it wasn't going to be in this system that we had... Well... Apparently no say in.

I said today or tomorrow.
I thought you said that two or three days ago?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2014, 07:42:41 pm »

Its not a fetish I just like playing as a hermaphrodite.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2014, 07:43:33 pm »

I really don't care how they play so long as it's not intrusive to the game.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 06, 2014, 07:47:42 pm »

Its not a fetish I just like playing as a hermaphrodite.
Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't you entire reason for doing that to "mess with the ships"? I don't see anyone other than Kevak being remotely interested in that.

I really don't care how they play so long as it's not intrusive to the game.
How what play? The stat thing? I mean, it's going to kind of force us to use our characters in a specific manner even outside of combat in order to prevent the stats we want to use from dropping. Realistic, yes, but still irritating for when you just... Don't... Feel.. Like it. At the very least it's going to limit us, I was hoping more for a stat pool, but, hey, whatever.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 06, 2014, 07:49:25 pm »

I was talking about the poll YOU started. I prefer a system just based on stats don't get me wrong but please don't try to get angry at people.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 06, 2014, 07:52:38 pm »

Before we argue about this did Kev-senpai say how long it takes for stats to drop? It was a joke at first but as I played as Lukas I found that i liked the idea of playing as hermaphrodite.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 06, 2014, 08:35:31 pm »

My bad. Not trying to rage, just... Dealing with a lot right now, I'm on a very, very short fuse at the moment.

And my bad to Kevak. Apparently you said that this morning... Though I... I distinctly remember two days passing... What the hell is wrong with me? Time is broken.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 06, 2014, 08:36:32 pm »

Basically something you do often will affect the stats, this system makes your character exist outside of combat or inns. If you are a priest for example, and you meditate every night before you go to sleep, then you will have willpower and wisdom increases, if you are a gladiator and you fight someone every day, depending on your fighting style or weapon choices, you can get bonuses in one or two of most stats.

If you are an adventurer and you exercise daily but never practice sword fighting and you have a sword, you're gonna suck with it against an opponent who knows how to block and has the strength to block but still you might kill something without skill or if you manage to break their guard. The inverse is if you are a scholar and you are obsessed with swords and have practiced daily with them but are still rather shrimpy due to body build, you're gonna be good with swords, just you will be horrible at defense due to the lack of strength and long fights will tire you quickly and get stabbed.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 108