Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Dues to the dead.  (Read 12438 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Ladies and Gentlemen....
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2014, 12:52:03 am »

Experiment with the fire a bit more.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2014, 01:11:31 am »

Run towards and through that tundra portal and experiment with the bangle more. Figure out what it does. Try to defend myself with the bangle if attacked.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 01:30:30 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2014, 02:30:17 am »

"Worthless human."

resume knob fiddling, its dark secrets must be revealed.
Oh and be on guard for attack.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2014, 02:47:20 am »

Follow human north
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2014, 03:30:26 am »

Rush towards the west past Angel.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 06:43:47 am by Crimson »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2014, 12:40:04 pm »

Drag scepter along ground to obscure self. Run further from gate, towards an igloo. If there is an inhabitant, bash them in with scepter.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2014, 10:14:17 pm »

((Not dead, just back home under constant parent supervision means I have much less free time to update. FEAR NOT!))
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2014, 10:40:44 pm »

INTERLUDE
We Interrupt This Program
*ring* *ring* Hello? Yes, speaking. Yes. Ok. Wait. What did you say? The WHAT? So are you saying... YOU SERIOUS? Doesn't that mean... Alright. NOW LISTEN HERE YOU INCOMPETENT ASS, YOU FIX THIS, AND YOU FIX THIS NOW. OTHERWISE, YOUR ASS IS GRASS AND I'M THE LAWNMOWER *click* JENKINS! INTO MY OFFICE! NOW! Yes...sir? Jenkins...do you remember DDXL? Our flagship show? Oh of course! I hea...DID YOU KNOW THAT THE SHOW HAS BEEN ON COMMERCIALS FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS? I JUST THE CALL FROM THE BOYS DOWN IN BROADCASTING SAYING THAT SOME PUNK IS HIJACKING THE SIGNAL. Well that seems unfortunate... but that explains the unusual readings I've been receiving from the machine... AND THA- okay, the hell does that mean? I think...the signal has been coming from...maybe another dimension, perhaps? Some dimensions are similar to each other, its entirely pos- Look. The accountant boys have been saying that we have been receiving ad money from some "Gerald" fella, so these ads serve a purpose, but viewers want the killing.  When can you fix this? WHEN CAN WE RETURN TO AIR? Well, we have been working on it , so, tomorrow perhaps? Unless...things go wrong. Again. I'll hold you too it. Also, the writer boys need this delivered to the announcers, who maybe have starved to death in these two weeks-I DON'T CARE. GET IT DONE JENKINS. But, sir! These are just pictures..? Something about "Winter Wonderland" and something about a beach. I didn't listen. Just give it to the two talking heads. They know what to do. PRONTO!   

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2014, 09:43:59 pm »

((Are we still in commercials? What sort of commercials are they?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2014, 09:45:21 pm »

Now with new Omega blend, yo*BZZ* an make Smakles like Glorpma used to *BZZZ* Enter for a chance to.. *BZZZZZZZ* the radient beac... *BZZZ* Zimofo! The phone lines... *BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*--------------__________________

Got it! YES!

....*YAWN* Huh. Wuh. HEY! WE'RE BACK ON THE AIR! Wake up you fool! WAKE UP! Wha... o-OW! OW! WHY DID YOU HIT ME? I just got to the good part of my dream....Oh right. Show. Welcome back viewers! AND NOW THE ACTION CONTINUES! That hurt, jerk...

Drag scepter along ground to obscure self. Run further from gate, towards an igloo. If there is an inhabitant, bash them in with scepter.

[Knowledge 5] The gnoll shuffles through the snow filled expanse while creating a rather large steam cloud.  He ducks his way into an igloo. Which one? Well that's a secret. Looking around, he sees a...snowman. Nevertheless [Strength 5] he smacks its head clear off with unbridled fury [Knowledge 3+1] Hmm. Something in the back of your mind tells you that all snowmen need to die. Huh.

Looks like our resident gnoll is trying to cover up his tracks with some hot, steamy action! Kinda pointless since there's NO ONE ELSE THERE! Except the snowmen. I hope he likes snowmen! POW! Not with that move! OH! What did Frosty ever do to you?!?

Run towards and through that tundra portal and experiment with the bangle more. Figure out what it does. Try to defend myself with the bangle if attacked.

Jase quickly rushes towards the east gate, and enters a thin layer of fog, only to find himself in...well... a cloud of steam. After a bit, the cloud dissipates and all he sees is a wide wintery expanse. Grrrr is nowhere to be found though, not in his field of view at the moment. Oh well, time to see what this thingymabob does. [Knowledge 5+1] Jase realizes that his wrist tingles every time he flexes. What if... Yeah! Aiming and looking at nothing in particular, he sticks his arm out and flicks his wrist! [Finesse 2] Almost immediately, Jase's radius bone (you know, the one in the arm) shoots out with an unnatural force and sails off into the distance. What. Quickly looking back on his arm, Jase notices that the bone actually regenerated itself fairly quickly.

I guess I have to take that back with the no one else there I said earlier! Perhaps Jase has a bone to pick with Mr. Grrr? Man, I love that name. GRRRRRR!!! Did you...Did you just say that? Would you cut that out?!? We're supposed to be grown men! Act like one! Well excuse me! Aren't you just a negative Nancy!

Rush towards the west past Angel.
Fire an amazing long-range headshot at Crimson, then enter the passageway to the south.
Try firing the blow-gun at Crimson.

[C-Agility 4]
[A-Agility 5]
[Y-Agility 6+1]
[Y-Finesse 1+1]
[A-Finesse 1+1]

Crimson makes a mad dash towards the Western fog gate. Yumibo and Angel both take aim with their respective weapons, only for both to completely and utterly miss their target. Being a small, noodly person seems to have worked out in Crimision's favor this time! That or maybe everyone was struck with horrible aim syndrome. Passing through the fog, Crimson enters a dark chamber. He's standing on a floating pathway towards a central circular platform that's held up by large chains. Below him appears to be a bottomless void.

Miss one! Miss two! Man, Crimson sure is lucky! Would want to be hit by any of those nasty objects! Looks like he's now in the "Zen Platform" Ah yes! Everyone likes a journey into the bottomless abyss! Its a long drop from here, folks!

Yumibo turns around and heads south. Upon passing the fog filled passageway, he appears in an empty white room. There's a low hum in the air. On the ground and walls is a continuous grid.

Mr tengu here has wandered into the VARIABLE ZONE! I hope he knows geometry!

Follow human north
resume knob fiddling, its dark secrets must be revealed.
Oh and be on guard for attack.

Experiment with the fire a bit more.
Quote from: mafioso
Attack the first chum that appears!

[D-Agility 6-1]
[P-Agility 1+1]
[R-Agility 3-1]
[D-Agility 5-1]
[M-Agility 1]
[D-Knowledge 6+2]
[M-Endurance 3]
[P-Knowledge 5-1]

Derm decides to perform some experimentation with his new found abilities. Of course, being Derm, this involves brutal murder inflicted on others! He goes north, after the mafioso fella. Transversing the fog, Derm finds himself overlooking a sunny beach. The waves crash against the shore. In the distace he sees a large derelict boat and rocky outcropping leading to it. FUCK YOU ALL! Oh look, its the mafioso. The bat wielding punk tries to lunge towards the Derm, but Derm quickly strikes a pose,unleashing a swarm of molten hot blood vessels! The mafioso is quickly impaled and pumped filled with Derm's lava blood, reducing him to a bloody stain on the floor. Derm quietly walks over and picks up the baseball bat.

Derm is following the mafioso! But I have faith that mafia man will bash his skull in! Ah, the sun and the water of....THE BLOODY BEACH! Also, did I ever tell you that you have a horrible, horrible judge of character? I mean look at your so-called "tough guy mafioso" now! OUCH! DAMN! WHAT A WAY TO GO! No! NO! NOT LIKE THIS!

ITEM GET!-Baseball bat
ACHIEVEMENT!-Waste of space!
-Be the first to kill an NPC character!

As Derm picks up the bat, an unknown voice resonates in his head. ACHIEVEMENT! Pick 1: SOUL. TEETH. MUSCLE.

Looks like Derm is the first to fulfill the conditions of an achievement! As you at home all know, achievements are awarded for doing certain things while here in the deathmatch! Those who achieve are rewarded! Dammit....I liked that mafioso..
What are you gonna do? You gonna cry? C'MON! There's alot more where that came from!

Meanwhile...the golem slowly goes north and appears on the beach as well. Ahead of him is Derm standing on a pile of human slurry, holding what used to be the mafioso's bat. Pariah finally has a revelation after fiddling with the club for all this time! That there is no revelation. Its just a bog-standard club! It looks exotic,sure, but its mainly used for hittin' people till they are no more. Seeing rock go north, the lizard man follows.

You'd think Pariah would know that all those knobs are just an extension of the club, right. Its not just any club! Its called a kanabo! Its JapaneseIS THERE EVEN A JAPAN WHERE THIS LIZARD MAN IS FROM?!? Hey. Godzilla. Touche.

STATUS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 01:20:25 am by TamerVirus »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2014, 09:46:02 pm »

((Commercials about soda, beer, eyelash extensions, or condoms. Plus contest offers.))
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Dimensional Deathmatch XL: Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled DEATH
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2014, 01:02:41 am »

((post is up. Ive decided that with new loot, with a perfectly high knowledge roll, I'll PM you specifics of the weapon so that nobody else knows what you have, except for the general shape. Medium high knowledge, ill do the describe in the turn deal and with low knowledge either nothing useful or outright detrimental things))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2014, 01:06:37 am »

Muscle sounds nice at the moment.

((Why didn't you just put the turn in a new post?))
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2014, 01:07:49 am »

((Choosing one of the three was a free action, just letting you know. You could do something else on top of that))

((Yeah, should probably do that next time :/))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2014, 01:08:20 am »

I know.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10