Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 103946 times)

alaxandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2014, 03:43:16 pm »

Yeah, I understand. Maybe it's just me but it seems like i have to wait for the miners to be idle and then quickly build a shovel and hope he dosen't get distracted in time to go pick it up. These things expire fast!

craft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2014, 05:11:47 pm »

My single miner actually managed to dig out quite a networks of tunnels and luxurious rooms big holes for dog-like-things to live in. Right through stone he dig and all. I'd usually make a shovel for him now and again but I really can't remember when was the last time I've built a new one for him.

I've also had a game crush on me when goblins decided to siege me the last time, is there a way I could check what caused the crush?

And also about bone blocks. I haven't tried building anything with bone blocks in last release, but I'm sure that they were not fire safe before. There is a very lame way to get some fire safe material is by burning wood. I've built some stuff that requires fire safe material out of Ash/Charcoal.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2014, 05:57:12 pm »

But you need fire safe material to build somewhere to burn wood. Just bring some clay at embark.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2014, 06:17:29 pm »

The last time I played kobolds (5.something), this is how the shovels worked: the first one you make, a Miner will happily pick up and use.  If it decays while the Miner has it equipped, the Miner will stop digging, but there is still some internal DF variable set that makes the Miner think he's already got a shovel.

When you make the second one, the Miner won't pick it up, because he think he's still using the first one, because he never actually unequipped it.

To work around that, you can turn off the Mining labor.  Let the game run for a tick or so... and that should clear the Miner's notion that he has a shovel equipped as part of his secret Mining civilian uniform.  Now re-enable the Mining labor, and he should go pick up the new shovel.

I haven't tested this in version 6.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2014, 06:19:58 pm »

The last time I played kobolds (5.something), this is how the shovels worked: the first one you make, a Miner will happily pick up and use.  If it decays while the Miner has it equipped, the Miner will stop digging, but there is still some internal DF variable set that makes the Miner think he's already got a shovel.

When you make the second one, the Miner won't pick it up, because he think he's still using the first one, because he never actually unequipped it.

To work around that, you can turn off the Mining labor.  Let the game run for a tick or so... and that should clear the Miner's notion that he has a shovel equipped as part of his secret Mining civilian uniform.  Now re-enable the Mining labor, and he should go pick up the new shovel.

I haven't tested this in version 6.
Now that... is something I did not know.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2014, 06:28:00 pm »

I can confirm that behavior. Thought you knew, Meph.

craft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2014, 06:56:46 pm »

If that is the case, than my miner is still using his first shovel (I only have 1 miner and I have never disabled the mining) which means he was using that same shovel for the past ~3 years.

craft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2014, 01:16:42 am »

Hi! :3

Me again. So I loaded my back up save for Kobold camp and it went way past the crushing part, but now it crushes on load.

And btw I figured out my starvation problem. My population was too high, and not enough fisheries to process all the fish. Built 2 additional fisheries and everything is fine now fresh fish for all. Will download Masterwork again and try a new game i guess, see if it helps.

craft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2014, 11:44:37 am »

Hi! :D

Again me again. This is not really a Kobold question but if I'm harassing this place already might as well ask. I have a question about GUI now.
If I change setting in GUI for world creation, like change the depth of caverns and max population size, and than I launch the game and go to advanced world creation screen, if I look through options they don't usually match the settings from GUI. Do GUI setting over right settings from the game?

Thanks again in advance! :3

craft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2014, 12:08:47 pm »

Thank you very much mister Orc!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2014, 12:19:18 pm »

Thank you very much mister Orc!

np!  wish i could help directly but i have no idea about the launcher :)

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2014, 01:59:32 pm »

I can't remember, do Kobolds have any use for Souls of creatures in the current build? (6.x) I thought they did at one point, but was this a removed feature, or am I just remembering things wrong?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #238 on: August 31, 2014, 03:11:54 pm »

No, they dont.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 31, 2014, 10:20:10 pm »

I'm sure this applies to more than one race, but I'm seeing it in the kobold workshops... What are armor sets?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41