Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 103943 times)

Zuzu Reish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #210 on: August 09, 2014, 05:51:53 pm »

I can't make ANYTHING from bone blocks. Constructions, furnaces, workshop, I may be able to use it for furniture in the way wood blocks are (If I remember right, I usually only make blocks from stone and wood for constructing walls, or for the ashery (if that's the one that needs blocks, I'm a block newb)).

One POSSIBLE workaround, though possibly kind of gamey: instead of bone blocks, make a stack of bones into bonemeal at the critter kitchen (I think); in your stone menu, you can scroll down to bonemeal and press 'enter';, it can then be used a building material. You can even make 4 blocks out of the boulder at the masonry workshop; you now have bonemeal blocks which are functionally the same as the bone blocks made at the bone yard. If it's a starter fort, you can use them as non-flammable building material for furnaces, or walls, or whatever you want.

Mr. Moow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 09, 2014, 08:08:22 pm »

I was actually considering doing that. It'll have to do, but I really a proper fix is found. Maybe I should just redownload, shouldn't I?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 09, 2014, 08:27:44 pm »

a lot of buildings require blocks which are FIRE_BUILD_SAFE or MAGMA_BUILD_SAFE (generally for good reasons).  Bone is probably not fire safe.

Mr. Moow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 09, 2014, 09:35:34 pm »

Actually it is, at least in Kobold Camp.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 09, 2014, 09:51:01 pm »

Are you sure?  i see that the kobold blockmaker makes stuff out of "INORGANIC:BONE", rather than a creature material bone.  But INORGANIC:BONE has ignite point and heat damage point both below 11000 urists.

Zuzu Reish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 10, 2014, 01:52:03 am »

I've never had a problem constructing buildings that required firesafe (vs. magmasafe) material from bone/bonemeal; however, I've never tested whether buildings/containers/etc. made from bone/bonemeal are actually firesafe.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #216 on: August 10, 2014, 06:49:28 am »

As far as I know, constructions accept any blocks, regardless of material, thats why I am surprised that it doesnt work with bone blocks.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #217 on: August 10, 2014, 04:01:26 pm »

I loaded your save. There are no issues with bone blocks at all.

You probably did change something on your end, on dfhack, workflow, construction helper, something like that.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

craft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2014, 01:35:44 am »

Hello. Just made an account to ask this:

My Kobolds have over 2000 fishes, and they were totally cool with eating it for the past... 5 years of game time (or maybe they had some secret stash of meat that I didn't know about). But now!!! They have suddenly decided that fish is no longer acceptable and had a few fatalities due to !!fun!! starvation. Before you tell me to slaughter jackrats... I will when I have more. I forgot to grab them at the embark and got a few from merchants not too long ago. So the question is. Do Kobolds actually eat fish? And if so, why did they stop eating it now? I have not changed anything. And they don't seem to want to cook it either. I've played this game for about 2 week now. So i could be missing something.

Tx in advance. :3

Zuzu Reish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2014, 02:51:46 am »

A couple of questions, for clarification:

1) do you have a fishery? Not to sound insulting or anything, but just thought I'd ask; by my understanding kobolds/dwarves/etc. will eat prepared fish as they would a pies of meat, though raw fish (not run through a fishery) CAN be used as an ingredient in cooking.

2) do you have an appropriate stockpile set up, and is it set up to take barrels/pots?

3) are the fish fresh? If you loo(k) at them and they're rotten, dump them.

4) are the fish forbidden for any reason? Press d-b-c and if they're highlighted pink, then select them to claim them.

5) have you modified their orders to ignore fish?

Worst case scenario, I suppose you could take your militia and go out to kill some coyotes or something.

craft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2014, 12:03:35 pm »

1) Yup I've got fishery and some legendary fish cleaning dog sitting there 20/7

2)Yup I've got Stockpiles, and yes they are set to take barrels. use to have some fish unbarreled, but now I got enough barrels for all the fish. Is that the problem? Are they too dumb to grab the fish from the barrels?!

3) Fresh fish, yes.

4) not forbiden.

5) Orders are not modified.

alaxandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2014, 03:08:47 pm »

There is something strange going on with the shovels.

Sometimes I have to make 3 or 4 before my miner kobolds will pick them up. They seem to dissapear.

I have all the correct labors assigned, and when i look at the inventory of the digger tent it says there are shovels there. But then they go away when i check it again later after noticing my miners are not mining.. where are the shovels going?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:11:34 pm by alaxandir »

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2014, 03:17:17 pm »

Shovel decay whether or not they are used. At least that's how it's supposed to work.

And they aren't supposed to last long.

alaxandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2014, 03:18:22 pm »

Hmm okay, thats kind of annoying when the miners dont pick them up within like 20s then they're gone. Thanks for the help.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2014, 03:33:39 pm »

The miners pick them up as soon as they start a mining job. If your miners are busy otherwise, or sleeping/drinking/eating, they wont. For obvious reasons.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41