Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode  (Read 103968 times)

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Kobolds☼ - Everything Kobold Mode
« Reply #180 on: July 09, 2014, 09:19:44 pm »

Had a game destroying crash with the 'bolds. Shortly after stealing from humans, they invaded. Things were going all fun for a while until the game just suddenly crashed. Everytime I tried to load that save, it'd crash before even fully loading. Had to delet the save to be able to do anything again...

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 10, 2014, 10:36:44 pm »

Had a game destroying crash with the 'bolds. Shortly after stealing from humans, they invaded. Things were going all fun for a while until the game just suddenly crashed. Everytime I tried to load that save, it'd crash before even fully loading. Had to delet the save to be able to do anything again...

My last camp fell to 3 gargoyles.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2014, 06:48:35 pm »

How do I make shovels? Searching around says a dirt digger does it... but I see no references to dirt digger outside of the mention that shovels can now be made by them. What building? I made a wood carver as that would be the most logical way, but no option to make shovel.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 12, 2014, 06:48:54 pm »

Playing with 5.10 with temperature on and seeing shovels last too long too. My first couple short trials with 'bolds the shovels seemed to break pretty fast. In this current came I didn't make a shovel until a year had passed and have had two bolds digging pretty much constantly for 2-3 seasons. One of the three shovels I made broke. They have dug out 50 basic bedrooms and a work area for smelting and clay firing (maybe 30x30), carved off another couple hundred peat tiles that were high and close enough to give archers LOS over my walls, and are now 10 levels down in the rock layers bringing up malachite, unusable coal (going to see if it will make blocks for a nice black building material!) and various rocks.

Two things occur to me that may play in. How much difference does shovel quality make? And does the bold beat the wear and tear checks if its using the shovel left-handed? (one of mine has some craft object in right hand and shovel in left, and his has never broken.) The left-hander's shovel shows no wear and it's * quality. The right-hander has broken one shovel and shows wear on his second, though it seems to have lasted a long time compared to earlier games. I think his first was no quality modifier, but the current one is a -.

As a measure of how much they have mined, the left hander is at 107 of 500 in level 0 and the right-hander is at 50 of 500. That experience penalty is brutal! (99%)  Sure am glad I found two who love mining... even if they suck at it.  8)

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2014, 06:50:32 pm »

How do I make shovels? Searching around says a dirt digger does it... but I see no references to dirt digger outside of the mention that shovels can now be made by them. What building? I made a wood carver as that would be the most logical way, but no option to make shovel.

Build a large tent (6 leather, 2 wood logs, 5x5), dirt digger is one of the things that will convert to.

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2014, 06:54:56 pm »

D'oh! Geeze I thought I had a greater tent, but I had two regulars. Thanks!
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

KCFOS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2014, 12:44:01 am »

So I started a Kobold camp, everything was going good, I had around 15 adults and 35 children. I was attacked by a were-badger, and one of the children was bit. I made a bunch of bone pointy sticks and drafted every single adult into the military. I stationed everyone outside my base and the clouds of children came as well. In the ensuing battle around 4 of my Kobolds died, a bunch were injured/bitten, and we didn't even kill the original, and now everything is weird.

My ogre went crazy for a little bit and started attacking my kobolds

A "Giant honey badger cub boar child" happened, I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before, it started attacking my kobolds. It's still here even after the full moon and interrupting my Kobolds, it's a pet of one of my Kobolds, and it's listed as tame

Everyone's interrupting each other, and no ones insane

My kobolds are vanishing into thin air

I have no idea what's going on or why this is happening

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2014, 11:05:09 am »

So I started a Kobold camp, everything was going good, I had around 15 adults and 35 children. I was attacked by a were-badger, and one of the children was bit. I made a bunch of bone pointy sticks and drafted every single adult into the military. I stationed everyone outside my base and the clouds of children came as well. In the ensuing battle around 4 of my Kobolds died, a bunch were injured/bitten, and we didn't even kill the original, and now everything is weird.

My ogre went crazy for a little bit and started attacking my kobolds

A "Giant honey badger cub boar child" happened, I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before, it started attacking my kobolds. It's still here even after the full moon and interrupting my Kobolds, it's a pet of one of my Kobolds, and it's listed as tame

Everyone's interrupting each other, and no ones insane

My kobolds are vanishing into thin air

I have no idea what's going on or why this is happening

Loyalty Cascade. The werebadger kobold was still a member of your civ. The people who attacked him attacked a civ member. Thus, they became enemies of your civ. So everyone else attacks them. But they are still members of your civ. So the people who attacked THEM become enemies of your civ. So everyone else attacks them. But they are still members of your civ. So the people who attacked THEM become enemies of your civ. So everyone else attacks them. But they are still members of your civ. So the people who attacked THEM become enemies of your civ. So everyone else attacks them. But they are still members of your civ. So the people who attacked THEM become enemies of your civ. So everyone else attacks them. But they are still members of your civ. So the people who attacked THEM become enemies of your civ.

^This is exactly as ridiculous as it sounds.

And the vanishing into thin air is a stealth thing Air-Sign kobolds do. They're not actually vaporizing. Just thought I'd clarify in case you're new to kobolds.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Giimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2014, 10:11:26 am »

Why there kea man and badger man, that he can fisher gremlin

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2014, 12:24:04 pm »

???
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2014, 12:30:06 pm »

As far as breakable shovels go, it seems from the reports here as well as my personal experience, that the breakable shovels not breaking is caused by them being high enough quality that they somehow don't break. Its a known fact that well made items are harder to destroy, with artifacts being indestructible. So well made shovels might make the natural degradation slow down or possibly stop altogether.
Spooky Signature

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2014, 01:00:18 pm »

As far as breakable shovels go, it seems from the reports here as well as my personal experience, that the breakable shovels not breaking is caused by them being high enough quality that they somehow don't break. Its a known fact that well made items are harder to destroy, with artifacts being indestructible. So well made shovels might make the natural degradation slow down or possibly stop altogether.
Thats interesting and could be the reason I never noticed in testing. It does sound strange tough, but I will certainly have a look at that. If its the cause, I can easily fix it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Giimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2014, 06:19:16 pm »

???
Their fate. The purpose of life. Destination. What they can do. How to use them?

2ХLiaison comes with every caravan. Do kobolds and gnomes. This is bug?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 21, 2014, 11:24:13 pm »

Answers to what I think your questions are:

Kea and Badger men... Not sure what they do. Never bought them. They're probably just normal pets, but I don't think they fish like the gremlins do. I'm pretty sure you can war train them and they're probably better then most kobolds in unarmed combat.

If you're talking two kobold liasions per caravan, yes, that is a bug. If there's a gnomish caravan or liason, yes, that is a bug.
Spooky Signature

Giimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2014, 10:56:14 am »

They need to drink. They die without water. They are weaker than ogres. They can not bear any armor as kobolds or as ogres.

Kobold fortress. Caravan Kobold leads two Liaison. Other caravans lead one.
Gnome fortress. Caravan gnomes leads two Liaison. Other caravans lead one.
I believe this is an bug and it needs fix
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41