Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203358 times)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #945 on: October 11, 2014, 02:28:24 am »

I'm fairly certain that true type is not enabled when TWBT is ON.
In fact, it is even grayed out in the launcher in that case.

Well, TWBT is way better than true type, it doesn't have the problems of the black boxes everywhere.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 11, 2014, 02:32:07 am »

Well, I just did a fresh install, fired up the game and just one slight mousewheel scroll ont the main menu (create new world menu) and crash...

Im at a loss.

I'm going to try it on vanilla DF and see if the same thing happens.

And just verified : Mousewheel zoom on vanilla DF works just fine. No problems whatsoever. I zooomed in and out several times. Should I disable TWBT and go back to whatever type vanilla uses>?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:36:23 am by CheeseHolePete »

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 11, 2014, 02:51:41 am »

Well, OK. I think I may have figured it out.

In the main Masterwork opening GUI, i hadnt selected a font tileset for the TWBT plugin. (by default it was blank)

Once I chose "Obsidian" for Masterwork-Obsidian Tileset, it scrolls in and out with no crashes. YAY !

But I notice that if I choose "Pheobus" but keep the above  graphics tileset at Masterwork Obsidian, i still gtet a crash if I even scroll the mouse wheel one click.

At least I can play :)

Thanks again guys.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #948 on: October 11, 2014, 07:08:28 am »

I had the above bug, until i went into settings and disabled zooming using scrolling
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 14, 2014, 03:08:04 am »

Suggestion: Process cinnabar into mercury at the screwpress for use in Dwarven alchemy. Rather than a poison like the last time I suggested mercury, it'd be an alternative to the normal metal cycling that can seem wasteful just to get a hold of some springsteel or brass components. Basically it'd be a reaction that called for a barrel of mercury, and transmuted it into an empty barrel and a few bars of any randomly chosen metal that isn't an alloy or something special like adamantine. An additional reaction could be the duplication of metals you already possess, by requiring a bar of the metal in addition to the barrel and producing a single extra bar.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 18, 2014, 10:50:58 am »

Is there any documentation on how to use the magma well?  I'm trying to fill a rather large area but the darn thing keeps deconstructing itself.  I'm even using a steel mechanisms and steel blocks and it still deconstructs itself.  Any help?

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 18, 2014, 12:19:01 pm »

So using a magma-safe bucket fixed the problem of the magma well deconstructing.  However the person who activated the building was immediately incinerated, which would be fine if the buildign continued to pump out magma, but it eventually stopped...

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 18, 2014, 01:35:34 pm »

So using a magma-safe bucket fixed the problem of the magma well deconstructing.  However the person who activated the building was immediately incinerated, which would be fine if the buildign continued to pump out magma, but it eventually stopped...

I was under the impression there are two ways to use it.  One spawn the liquid for free on the same level as the workshop and worker, while the other spawns it on the level above and requires a Blood of Armok gem I believe.  So maybe you activated the free one and instantly burned the worker?  The free one is probably best used for the water well only haha.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 18, 2014, 05:37:12 pm »

I'm in the process of creating a firemancer and outfitting him with a full set of scaleplate.  He should be able to turn on the well without killing himself...

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 18, 2014, 07:11:01 pm »

He might still drown and I'm not sure if he'll be able to path through magma. Worth a try though.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 19, 2014, 10:52:26 am »

I gave her scaleplate armor with a rune of "nobreath" on it.  However she was still incinerated (or just disappeared?) with all of her equipment immediately after turning on the magma well.

Also, another strange bug, this dwarf appears to be permanently stalking.  She is also slowly gaining experience in hunting even though the labor is off.  It's not that big of a deal, it's just that her movement speed is very low.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 19, 2014, 12:22:50 pm »

I don't think scale plate is magma proof, fire-proof yes, but magma's a lot hotter.

Also, I'd let your stalker do her thing, see if you can draft her without making her de-stealth and you'll have yourself an assassin.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 19, 2014, 12:30:25 pm »

I gave her scaleplate armor with a rune of "nobreath" on it.  However she was still incinerated (or just disappeared?) with all of her equipment immediately after turning on the magma well.

Also, another strange bug, this dwarf appears to be permanently stalking.  She is also slowly gaining experience in hunting even though the labor is off.  It's not that big of a deal, it's just that her movement speed is very low.

Probably an arcane dwarf who cast a hide spell. For some reason, there's no way to UNstealth after using an interaction to make you stealth. Makes playing kobolds interesting.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 19, 2014, 01:14:52 pm »

I save scummed and watched it a bit closer, the magma well sits above a several story tall cistern, she was pushed off and fell to the bottom.  I don't know if she stealthed afterwards, but she did disappear shortly afterwards with all of her gear and was no longer accessible from the units screen.

I'm going to build a cage around with the magma well with lots of grates and bars and see if that helps...

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 19, 2014, 01:39:07 pm »

I don't think scale plate is magma proof, fire-proof yes, but magma's a lot hotter.

Also, I'd let your stalker do her thing, see if you can draft her without making her de-stealth and you'll have yourself an assassin.

She's drafted... and currently administrating justice with her scaleplate gauntlets.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing...
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 92