Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203272 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #675 on: August 01, 2014, 04:38:06 am »

The problem with those naturally occuring plants is that they could be farmed in farm plots. ;)

Not if their seeds evaporate at room temperature  ;)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #676 on: August 01, 2014, 05:06:24 am »

They would still be in the list.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 01, 2014, 12:07:00 pm »

Do plants need seeds?  Can you create a plant that will grow in the wild that doesn't have seeds?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 01, 2014, 12:49:34 pm »

Do plants need seeds?  Can you create a plant that will grow in the wild that doesn't have seeds?

There are already a few vanilla plants that grow without seeds just fine. Mostly the swamp plants, which are muck roots, bloated tubers, and kobold bulbs. But also valley herbs, which grow in temperate grasslands during spring.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 01, 2014, 01:27:27 pm »

forgive me if this has been asked but how do I turn multi z level viewer off in 5.10?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #680 on: August 01, 2014, 02:21:32 pm »

forgive me if this has been asked but how do I turn multi z level viewer off in 5.10?
first page of the GUI, "item graphics". you have to turn them off, it disables zlevels as well.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 01, 2014, 04:58:16 pm »

first page of the GUI, "item graphics". you have to turn them off, it disables zlevels as well.

Will that work on a pre-existing fortress, or I have to gen a new world for that?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #682 on: August 01, 2014, 07:17:30 pm »

All options on the first page of the gui work on existing forts, which the exception of tileset changes, which still work, but might look wrong, depending on which tilesets you choose. So no worldgen needed.

Legless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 02, 2014, 01:08:48 am »

Hi, guys!
I am playing with harder farming. As underground crops grow for a year, I tried to organize some aboveground farms. But I encountered with problem: I can't put in anything except kobold bulbs (only one point in farm plot list). Farms are outside, have light. Summer. Some seeds are nearby. What am I doing wrong?
===
I've probably got it. Farms are on mountain biome.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:12:13 am by Legless »

Rimbinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 02, 2014, 06:05:30 pm »

Were the expedition outfitter and starting point removed during one of updates ? if not I might be blind and cant find them, please help...
Also how to store blood barrels extracted from body parts, and will the vampires drink it ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #685 on: August 02, 2014, 06:08:11 pm »

vampires wont drink it any more than normals dwarves.

Expeditions have been removed.

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 02, 2014, 06:15:21 pm »

well, vampires... I got a Vampire mage migrant - he was a 5 years old child :D Poor kid got atomsmashed (and it took me a long long time to get him into the right position :D ), I had no idea how else to protect the other bloodbags.

Rimbinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 03, 2014, 07:14:33 am »

Expeditions have been removed.

Awww too bad I really enjoyed them, and now there is no way to obtain deep bronze I guess :(

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 03, 2014, 08:45:46 am »

Is there any way to push the goblins a little bit in the world generation maybe anything in the raws? In my worlds they are always near extinction. But i don't want to change something like babysnatching that's to essential for me.
I tried countless worlds with different settings and set their BANDITRY to 10 but nothing seems to work. I never get a strong goblin civilisation, best is around 1000 goblins. Best i got was 1600 but every other important civ had at least 5000+.

Edit: As i wrote this i designed a world with a 6000 golblin civ. I didn't change anything new but it needed more than 30 attempts rather more.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:57:43 am by LordNippes »

Giimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 03, 2014, 09:48:12 am »

Fish caught in the pond is transferred to the warehouse
Fish bought in the market is transferred to the warehouse
Fish caught in Fishpond not transferred to the warehouse. Can I fix it?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 92