Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203207 times)

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #645 on: July 22, 2014, 05:58:49 am »

Anyone else not able to select Pigtail Spawns on Embark? The ones I use are bought from a Dwarven caravan... am I just blind and you can actually select them or cant you select them and its intended or cant you select them and its unintended?

Cause if its intended not being able to select them I need to look for alternatives to get material for bandaging and suturing easily... might need to get some mountain sheep or whatever dwarves use then... or go straight for forest spider silk farms.

Embark depends on what your civ has access to.  If you can buy them from the dwarven caravan you should be able to buy them at embark.  Are you sure you didn't buy them from the gnomes?

Hm might have bought them from the gnomes, after all I invited them to buy some clockwork mechanisms and Pistol Crossbows and other gimmicky equipment... need to check on that the next time they visit me.

Another thing, sorry but still relativly new and I checked the manual twice for info.

So for animated swords you need an air altair... there was one thing I have no idea how to get... like absolutly no clue... have checked the manual and there was nothing indicating what you need. The things I need: Silk thread: No problem, can go and kill some forest spiders or even giant cave spiders with my military at this point. Large gems? Suppose I need the MDF Gemcutter workshop, the new one. Leather LEATHER_EXOTIC Tanned hide... whatever that means... have no idea. One of the things I have no idea how to aqquire. Candle... that guy making candles.

So for the earth and Water altar whatsoever its getting a bit weirder...

Water altair:

What the hell are Rough Tears of Armok? I checked the manual and have no clue what they are or how to get them...

The rest is clear as... water...

Alright now to the Earth altair raising biggest question tags in my head:

A_Containing_Bag... suppose that means any bag.
IS_METAL Bars... supppose that means any metal.
Sand... no problem, having a beach.
Fired_Mat_Producing_Stone... again no idea what material is meant... maybe coal?

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:02:04 am by ___MeRliN___ »
Signature coming *soon* TM

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 22, 2014, 07:23:01 am »

Bug: Tears of Armok is not aquifer in 5.10. I turned aquifers off but the manual said that won't affect Tears of Armok.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:15:33 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 22, 2014, 10:32:44 am »

Wait aquifiers are supposed to contain tears of armok but arent working like they should? So theres no way to get them now whatsoever? Hm... anyone knows they are called in the raws so I can add them myself as a reaction or maybe as a possible trade in case they arent already aviable?

Apparently you need to sacrifice meat to Armok for his tears. Hm interesting. Will try that later.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:35:19 am by ___MeRliN___ »
Signature coming *soon* TM

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 22, 2014, 10:59:50 am »

Yeah, turning off aquifers turns off tears of armok creating aquifers. 

Tears of Armok are special gems you can find (or buy) that can be used to generate water and create water altars/mages.  Earth altars need clay, metal and sand (the bag stuff is because sand comes in bags).  Air needs (5?) standard leather (I believe only leather works, not chitin or suede etal), a large gem (which you can make or buy from gnomes at least), silk thread (not sure how many) and a tallow candle from the chandlery (oil candles don't work).  I had alot of problems with things not working if the leather or thread were in bins, so make sure they are free.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 22, 2014, 04:43:05 pm »

Is it possible to upgrade coppers to shillings to sovereigns, or split them down?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 22, 2014, 04:44:07 pm »

Yes. That reaction should be in the tavern.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 22, 2014, 04:47:30 pm »

Ah, the one license-requiring building I didn't build.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 22, 2014, 05:16:42 pm »

Ah, the one license-requiring building I didn't build.

IIRC it doesn't require a license.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 22, 2014, 05:24:05 pm »

Ah, you are right. Glad you mentioned that before I spent two years ordering another license, only to find out I didn't even need it (though I guess I could build more of the other shops to more quickly convert useless stuff into currency).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #654 on: July 22, 2014, 05:26:47 pm »

ProTip of the day: Deconstruct a merchant stall to get the license back, build another one with it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 22, 2014, 05:59:54 pm »

But then I don't have the other shops!

Unless you're suggesting some kind of ever shifting state of chaos in which objects are deconstructed and constructed and deconstructed on a whim, constantly recycled into what's most useful at the moment, like some kind of colony of Moties. Madness!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:01:25 pm by Niveras »

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 22, 2014, 08:16:34 pm »

Same question I asked about an year ago:

Smelting: The GUI doesn't have anything about Harder Smelting anymore, but the manual still reefers to it and there is (still) some code on the raws about violent reactions on the Raws.

That being, do I need to carefully segregate my smelters and worry about them setting fire to thing and people?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 22, 2014, 08:24:33 pm »

Unless you're suggesting some kind of ever shifting state of chaos in which objects are deconstructed and constructed and deconstructed on a whim, constantly recycled into what's most useful at the moment, like some kind of colony of Moties. Madness!

There'll be no Crazy Eddy nonsense in this fort!  (Now, Crazy Urist on the other hand....)
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 22, 2014, 10:12:43 pm »

Same question I asked about an year ago:

Smelting: The GUI doesn't have anything about Harder Smelting anymore, but the manual still reefers to it and there is (still) some code on the raws about violent reactions on the Raws.

That being, do I need to carefully segregate my smelters and worry about them setting fire to thing and people?

I've never had that happen. Just in case, maybe put it on stone so it doesn't ignite moss and such.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 23, 2014, 04:54:16 am »

Harder Smelting was removed in v4b (" - Removed Hardersmelting Button in the GUI, this setting is obsolete with the addition of the Ore Processor."). The manual hasn't really been updated in a while but Meph will have a few one soonish.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 92