Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 92

Author Topic: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode  (Read 203237 times)

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Dwarves☼ - Everything Dwarf Mode
« Reply #630 on: July 21, 2014, 02:03:31 pm »

[REACTION:FISH_TURTLE]
[NAME:Catch turtles]
[BUILDING:FISH_POND:CUSTOM_T][BUILDING:FISH_POND_KOBOLD:CUSTOM_T]
[REAGENT:A:1:BUCKET:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:10:1:FISH_RAW:NONE:POND_TURTLE:MALE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:FISH_RAW:NONE:TURTLE:MALE]
[SKILL:DISSECT_FISH]

Ok, here's what the edited raw looks like. I'm modifying reaction_masterwork.txt in the region 1 raw folder.

Playing as dwarves (even though the reaction has kobold in it, I'm guessing it's the same one?)

Here goes ...

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 21, 2014, 02:06:55 pm »

Nope. No shell.

It creates every time now a "raw turtle" instead of a "raw pond turtle" and then the fishery turns the "raw turtle" into a "turtle" which shows up on the kitchen list.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #632 on: July 21, 2014, 02:08:33 pm »

Mh, crap. I can make it spawn an actual creature, instead of vermin, but that would be overpowered. It would spawn a living pet turtle, which you would have to butcher to get the shell. It would work for sure, but also gives meat and bones and scales...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 21, 2014, 02:12:40 pm »

Mh, crap. I can make it spawn an actual creature, instead of vermin, but that would be overpowered. It would spawn a living pet turtle, which you would have to butcher to get the shell. It would work for sure, but also gives meat and bones and scales...

While that gives me the idea for an awesome "wildlife preserve" building ... I think that would be a bit much. :)

Can you just add a reaction line in to sometimes spawn a piece of shell? While it would lead to sometimes catching a turtle and not getting a shell, that's less ridiculous than never getting a shell and would just basically mean that some turtles don't have a shell that would be suitable for anything.

But by all means ... don't let this shell issue distract you much from the next Warlock update. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #634 on: July 21, 2014, 02:20:37 pm »

I can easily spawn a tanned shell that can be used for armors and such, yes.. but moods require the shell body part, which I cant spawn. Its like skulls and bones and skins. I have no access to those, only to totems, bone items and leathers.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 21, 2014, 02:25:25 pm »

I can easily spawn a tanned shell that can be used for armors and such, yes.. but moods require the shell body part, which I cant spawn. Its like skulls and bones and skins. I have no access to those, only to totems, bone items and leathers.

Yeah, seems like everything that touches the base buildings has some sort of limitation.

Looks like if you embark in a place where you don't fish properly, then you're going to run the risk of a strange turtle mood. And I suppose we all know that some moods just end in a berserk fit where you've got to be put down by the militia squad.

"So sorry about, Urist, ma'am, but you know how he was about his turtle shell."

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 21, 2014, 04:16:10 pm »

i noticed today in my new fort that i am getting alot of "rocks" show up when i butcher animals, i was wondering is there anything to do with these "rocks" or are they purely a bug? examples are... troll rock, stray boozebelly goat rock, stray cave beetle rock, stray unicorn rock, frogman rock... i didn't even notice them until i realized my refuse pile was full and my corpses were not being butchered. i am currently dumping all of these "rocks" into my garbage pile.

I always assumed these represented gizzard stones; they appear to stockpile as gems and can be traded
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

___MeRliN___

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 21, 2014, 04:30:41 pm »

Anyone else not able to select Pigtail Spawns on Embark? The ones I use are bought from a Dwarven caravan... am I just blind and you can actually select them or cant you select them and its intended or cant you select them and its unintended?

Cause if its intended not being able to select them I need to look for alternatives to get material for bandaging and suturing easily... might need to get some mountain sheep or whatever dwarves use then... or go straight for forest spider silk farms.
Signature coming *soon* TM

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 21, 2014, 05:22:41 pm »

What normal animals give shells? Cave turtle? Boulder crab?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 21, 2014, 05:34:42 pm »

Anyone else not able to select Pigtail Spawns on Embark? The ones I use are bought from a Dwarven caravan... am I just blind and you can actually select them or cant you select them and its intended or cant you select them and its unintended?

Cause if its intended not being able to select them I need to look for alternatives to get material for bandaging and suturing easily... might need to get some mountain sheep or whatever dwarves use then... or go straight for forest spider silk farms.

Embark depends on what your civ has access to.  If you can buy them from the dwarven caravan you should be able to buy them at embark.  Are you sure you didn't buy them from the gnomes?

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 21, 2014, 10:50:50 pm »

i know this has probably been talked about before but i was wondering, ive made 2 seperate forts now both dwarven. and i notice that elves no longer trade with me, i have used the embassy to invite elves, but they never show up. i noticed today in the embark screen with neighbors that the elves show up as NO TRADE in the entire map. i was wondering how can i get around this issue or is this a new intended feature

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #641 on: July 22, 2014, 12:21:30 am »

You probably just embarked far away from the elves, with water or mountains in between.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 22, 2014, 04:36:53 am »

Question: iirc colisseum spawning no longer requires changelings, and magmalings/waterlings are removed. Are there any uses for changelings, apart from transforming into familiars? They don't even give meat when butchered...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 22, 2014, 04:57:53 am »

Noob question: How do I enable rendermax? And why is my dfhack window so small with extremely small letters, and no way to make it bigger? What is it, dfhack for ants?

I'm pretty sure you type "rendermax lights" into DFHack to turn on, then "rendermax off" when you're done admiring the prettiness and would like the game to get a bit of a move on :)

If that doesn't work, just typing "rendermax" should throw up a list of relevant commands.

No idea about your font size, the Utilities sub-forum might be a better place to ask.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 22, 2014, 05:41:27 am »

And why is my dfhack window so small with extremely small letters, and no way to make it bigger? What is it, dfhack for ants?

The dfhack window's font size may have something to do with the default settings for the console window (at least on Windows, not sure how or if it works on mac/linux). Right-click dfhack's title bar, select defaults, select font tab, modify to your convenience. I use size 8x12, Raster font, on a 1280x1024 resolution. Can also adjust the window size (so you can see more lines at once) under the Layout tab.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 92