Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Leaping Puma: Panzergrenadiere Trials {Turn 6: Slow awakening}  (Read 16113 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Leaping Puma: Panzergrenadiere Trials {Turn 1: Drizzle / Miniturn I}
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2014, 05:22:08 pm »

Nora awaited the rest to speak up and finish, glancing around her at the rest gathered here. While it was a matter of attitude who stayed in the fight and after, she could feel the gloom in the air, and yet still feel a bit of hope--the war was coming to a close and she was, obviously secretly, gladdened in that occurrence. The reigning party was no merit to the people as it rose to power--and it showed in the eyes of those around her.

Many were too young, and drafted as a compulsory note, whether they wanted to or not. It was the quiet ones, she would sometimes tell herself, that shared her beliefs. Not all soldiers were pro-war or pro-N...she couldn't bear to even think of them or their blasphemous name. Power was a drug, they said...

The aclarity of the gunner's gruff tone set her mind back into reality--it was unheard of to hear such statements, but she was used to it all the same and replied with a smile at the young touffin' [tough'in]: what they usually called the toughs of the batch, something she heard from the 'enemy' soldiers.

Holding her 5cm in its casing, she looked at the rest. "Form up; flank the convoy and watch the horizon."

She had faith in the new commanding officer--probably a non-commissioned one perhaps--in relaying the orders to the people. She wondered if the driver or gunner knew that there were smokescreen devices in there, as a nagging thought at the back of her mind. On that note, she was glad her boots were able in these times. This would be a long walk ahead.

Ready up gear and equipment, perform a quick check if all are maintained well and service ready, and check on the radio operator--inquire as to who he is, being a new face here and all (we've presumably introduced ourselves) and his capabilities.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Miniturn II: Drizzle

"Right, makes sense. Let's hope this works out, then. Sir."

"We all hope this mission turns out to be a success. And Hans, remember you are the commander. Listen to the senior soldiers but don't let anyone try to take your position." The man says, taking notice of the brash duo formed by gunner and driver. Anselm stands up, collects his empty mug and makes as if leaving for his car before stopping dead on his tracks as if remembering something all of a sudden. "Smoke launchers. Your car is new so it has all of them in place." Glancing behind after having already turned on his heels to head towards his car, his gaze lingers a few more moments upon the hastily-trained commander.

"God with us." With his back still turned, the non-commissioned officer gets back to staring straight ahead and takes his leave in the disciplined stride of a well-trained soldier to check up on other squads.

Ready up gear and equipment, perform a quick check if all are maintained well and service ready, and check on the radio operator--inquire as to who he is, being a new face here and all (we've presumably introduced ourselves) and his capabilities.

After checking her equipment and making sure all is in working order, Nora approaches the young radio operator, who's sitting on the hull, close to the top hatch. His expression seems to alternate between admiration whenever one of the large tanks passes by and worry whenever he's left without any impressive Panzer to gawk at. He's surprised at the veteran's surprise attack, but nods and answers her questions. "I'm Michael Boer. I was trained as a radio operator, loader and taught how to drive the Sd.Kfz.234 backwards in case it is needed... That is it." He doesn't seem too inclined to chat for long due to how nervous he is, and as soon as the driver and gunner take their position, he glances at Nora apologetically. "Excuse me." he says before slipping down the hatch and taking his seat.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:14:58 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thomas watches the proceedings in silence, trying to take note of any helpful information.
He was somewhat heartened to see at least a few of the others had some experience, but any joy he took from that didn't reach his face. As the NCO turns to walk off he makes to raise his right arm in the salute, but drops it again seeing as the man's no longer facing him.
Thomas shrugs, wipes water from his face, adjusts his glasses and shuffles over to wait by the vehicle without expression.

>Wait around by the vehicle, ready to move.
Follow the lead of the other, more experienced support soldiers- if they climb up to ride on the hull, do likewise, if not follow the car on foot.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Heikel gets up from where he was sitting and walks over to the Puma. He knocks twice on its armour.
"Seems solid enough."
Then he sits on it and says to Thomas
"Come on up, it won't bite."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

"Don't tap on the bloody hull! It's like a drum in here!"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reiner laughed as the gunner talked about the noise inside the Puma.

"If you think that's loud wait till you hear tank shells bouncing off, or as its more likely to happen punching through the damn car though let me advise you to kill them before they kill us. If you don't kill the enemy, and they end up killing me I'll hunt you down in whatever hell you get stuck in."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Leaping Puma: Panzergrenadiere Trials {Turn 2: Dawn}
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2014, 08:39:42 pm »

Turn 2: Dawn

Light begins trickling forth from between the heavy, intimidating clouds that fill the sky with gray tones. After checking all of the squads assigned to the reconnaissance mission, Anselm had urged all of the "footmen" personnel to climb onto the hulls of their vehicles for the first section of their trip to the crossroads. The departure is slow, almost lazy, as the several vehicles maneuver slowly out of the camp before gaining more speed as they move away, leaving the lights and activity of the headquarters behind them. Although the drizzle has stopped bothering the soldiers the same can't be said of the cold winds that seem to change directions now and then, buffeting the faces of the Panzergrenadiers riding on the hulls of the fast-moving fighting vehicles. Warm clothes and, in the case of some, the heat radiating from the roaring diesel engines, provide a minimum of comfort and a protective embrace against the natural elements.

Your armored car is one of many following the ones commanded by more seasoned commanders as the scouting force heads towards Bastogne's crossroads, most of them comforted by the certainty the advanced motorcycle recon unit advancing ahead will notice any ambushes or the kind of trouble best avoided or left alone. Anyone perceptive enough may notice the path you are taking deviates slightly from the plan and halfway to your objective, Anselm waves for all to stop in an area with natural cover before moving his car around and assigning each squad their tasks. It becomes clear the NCO has gone to great lengths to prevent the enemies from discovering their actual and to keep radio silence. Named Squad II, you are part of the group under the supervision of  Unteroffizier-Anwärter Hermann Bohn, tasked with breaking off from the main group and scouting the west of the Bastogne's crossroads for advanced elements of the British and USA armies and report back in case any are found.

The rest of the trip to the objective is tense, with occasional stops which have the veteran commanders try to discern any sounds in the background that may announce an aerial or armored attack from the Allied forces. Upon reaching the designated location each group takes their separate ways, with Anselm staying behind in his SdKfz 232, camouflaged and mostly hidden by fallen trees and branches, its large "bedframe" antenna the last thing to disappear as you move away. Progress slows down to a point the soldiers clinging to the hull may safely follow the car on foot; you are forced to stay away from roads and rely on the Puma's off-road capacity, followed by older armored car models that soon split off to cover as much ground as possible, leaving a single Sd.Kfz. 232 with a 2cm autocannon as its main weapon following behind.

The dark skies, close-by woods and the occasional bomb crater assist in keeping your advance apparently unnoticed by the enemy, as demonstrated by the lack of shells and bullets flying your way. Silence is broken as the radio crackles into life and NCO Bohn says movements have been detected around your area, approximately one kilometer straight ahead. He then proceeds to order any nearby units to converge onto that point and give a more detailed report of the situation. The road is already out of your sight, hidden by trees lining its sides, and there's enough cover to check the source of the noises without much exposing yourselves too much. The man's gruff voice comes out of the headphones, clear and inflexible. "Squad II, position confirmed?"

Spoiler: Vehicle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2014, 08:58:11 pm »

Get ready to fire at a moment's notice. Load in a HE shell, they're good for confusing the shit out of a tank and wiping out infantry, should we get seen.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2014, 12:17:11 am »

Name: Euditchund Wolfgang
Description: Aged 26, typically wears a long jacket and trousers, sporting a cigeratte. Bears a resemblance to actor Robert Downey Jr.
Extras: Wolfgang is not a true soldier by any means. He detests the proud German uniform and slick boots, preferring a much more casual look. His reason is being here is not for any ideology, as he lacks any interest in politics or related subjects of the sort. Rather, he's more akin to the mercenary, having been hired by desperate German officials along with others in a similar position, to add bulk to the dwindling manpower of the army. The only reason he wishes Germany to win as opposed to any other side, is simply so that he will get to keep a portion of plundered loot promised in his contract. He has already seen action, having been hired for numerous jobs while down in Italy.
Abilities: Awareness II - Minesweeper - Scavenger - Grenadier - Medic I
Inventory: StG44 Rifle, 3x M24 Stielhandgranate, Luger P08, Splitterning, Kampfmesser 42, Gear, Box of Cigarettes
Veteran: Yes
Luck Point: 1/1

[His previous Luck Point was already used while in Italy, after he survived a bullet to the upper right breast. He enjoys showing off the scar it left.]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 12:34:46 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2014, 12:30:49 pm »

Nora wondered why her binoculars was not in place before remembering that she had left it in the hands of another ally she forgot to ask the name of--he'd need it more, she guessed.

Gazing around, the trees did her no good given her only main weapon. If they were attacked now, she would have to compensate for the close range, though it would be nigh-impossible unless the enemy was stalking and keeping silence. She surveyed the surroundings while awaiting the confirmatory from the squad commander.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2014, 12:44:18 pm »

"Commander if I might suggest something I say we should close to half a kilometer with the Puma, and then send the infantrymen forward to observe our target in more detail while the Puma stays back ready to support. Thoughts?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2014, 11:55:25 pm »

((Bump. I'm down with the flu but I can still get turns out.))
>Yes?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2014, 06:05:01 am »

Thomas dropped gratefully down from the hull as the car ground to a halt, his face set in a grimace.
He'd been barely able to see through his fogged-up glasses for quite some time, and hadn't dared to release his two-handed grip on the hull for fear of falling off. Now he plucked his glasses from their perch, hurriedly doing his best to wipe them clear before the group took off again. He cast a quick glance around as he did so, not seeing much of note besides a lot of trees and scrub.

>Drop down from hull, quickly clean my glasses.
>Listen closely to get some idea of what we're doing; be ready to move out either on the car or on foot.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2014, 06:15:24 am »

"Uhm, position confirmed, sir?" Hans replies on the comm. Now what?

"Commander if I might suggest something I say we should close to half a kilometer with the Puma, and then send the infantrymen forward to observe our target in more detail while the Puma stays back ready to support. Thoughts?"

Hans looks at him blankly for a second. "... sure? Sounds reasonable. Let's do that," he finally says.

Reply on comms, then settle on course of action, which is to unquestioningly obey the suggested directives of that guy. The driver guy. Whoever he is, anyway. Keep an eye out for things in the meantime using whatever tools I have on hand that may prove useful.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2014, 07:14:37 am »

"Aye, that's a sound plan."
Keep riding the last half kilometer on the Puma, keep my rifle ready and keep a lookout for anything unusual.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9