Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Leaping Puma: Panzergrenadiere Trials {Turn 6: Slow awakening}  (Read 16091 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Leaping Puma: Panzergrenadiere Trials {Turn 2: Dawn}
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2014, 07:24:40 am »

"I'd need a spotter for this. Could anyone help?" Nora said as she readied her mortar, "Someone misplaced my binoculars."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2014, 07:30:58 am »

"I'd need a spotter for this. Could anyone help?" Nora said as she readied her mortar, "Someone misplaced my binoculars."

"Eh, I could do it. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's probably more important for us to see things rather than shoot things right now."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2014, 07:35:07 am »

"Eh, I could do it. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's probably more important for us to see things rather than shoot things right now."
"Yessir, reconnaissance is our role however if in need--this takes a while to deploy. I find maintaining radio silence to be best--but that's my experience in the other fields. I doubt we'd be facing enemy counter-intelligence this far."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2014, 08:02:43 am »

"Makes sense, I guess. Just don't go firing it unless strictly necessary."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2014, 10:35:36 am »

"Alright then, time to see what the Allies got in store for us today, my bets that we are getting shot at today."

Follow the plan, and move the Puma half a kilometer towards the target before stopping and letting the infantry do recon.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 3: Reconnaissance is Hard

"Understood." the voice replies, before continuing after a momentary pause. "From this point on, maintain radio silence until you have visual contact. God with us." Bohn salutes and orders before the radio suddenly goes silent. The Sd.Kfz.232 which had been following you from a distance advances to follow the order though at a slower rate, its rookie commander apparently having taken the decision the better-armed and armored Puma would be a better frontline choice than his own vehicle.

Get ready to fire at a moment's notice. Load in a HE shell, they're good for confusing the shit out of a tank and wiping out infantry, should we get seen.
She surveyed the surroundings while awaiting the confirmatory from the squad commander.
>Drop down from hull, quickly clean my glasses.
>Listen closely to get some idea of what we're doing; be ready to move out either on the car or on foot.

Schultz makes sure a high-explosive shell is loaded and prepared to fire before staring down the sights to search for any oddities. Meanwhile, two of the squad's support elements walk around the vehicle while it remains stationed, trying their best to notice anything unusual in the melancholic scenario of cold winds, trees and the occasional battlefield crater. (4) Moving away from the armored car in order to have less problems with background noise, Nora notices there's something else in the air aside from the wind blowing against the woods. Though she is unable to pinpoint the source exactly, the source of the nearly imperceptible sounds is roughly in the direction the team has been told to scout. (2) Thomas, on the other side, is blissfully oblivious to any noises aside from the rustling of leaves and the sound of the car's diesel engine grumbling.

Reply on comms, then settle on course of action, which is to unquestioningly obey the suggested directives of that guy. The driver guy. Whoever he is, anyway. Keep an eye out for things in the meantime using whatever tools I have on hand that may prove useful.
Follow the plan, and move the Puma half a kilometer towards the target before stopping and letting the infantry do recon.
Keep riding the last half kilometer on the Puma, keep my rifle ready and keep a lookout for anything unusual.

(1+1+1) After giving Bonh a reply and watching as a couple of soldiers try to make sense of the wind's whistling, Commander Hans decides to heed the driver's advice and advance up to a certain point before letting the footmen perform some scouting. The closer they get to the half-kilometer mark, the more pressing is the feeling the commander has of sounds mixed with the wind's own, but it's hard to discern whether it comes from the Sd.Kfz. 232 following close by or from other, unseen, sources. (3) Gefreiter Heinkel is also unable to accurately place the location of the disturbance. Reiner doesn't attempt anything showy as he drives the vehicle closer to their objective, always alert to any signs of mines placed along the way; he finds none.

All of the panzergrenadiers equipped for field combat hop off the car after the planned 500 meters. (2)(1) As they move closer, trying their best to use the trees, any small hills or mounds of earth as cover and to hide their advance from the enemy's sight, they are surprised by a patrolling Jeep that emerges from a clearing opened in the woods 50 meters away. The driver, a young soldier from a USA recon unit, seems surprised, something reflected in the faces of the gunner manning the .30 M1919 Browning on the vehicle's back and the passenger with a M1 Garand.

A hundred meters away from the scene and hidden from sight by the , a panzergrenadier seems satisfied to finally see his passenger get out of the BWM motorcycle's sidecar. Not noticing the threat posed by the Jeep and having strict orders to return after delivering the "volunteer", the soldier is quick to turn his back and head towards the closest road taking back to his division. Wolfgang is left behind with orders to join Squad II, the crew of a Sd.Kfz. 234/2 "Puma" and assist them during the scouting operation. (5) He sees them. Two armored cars parked at least five hundred meters away from a cluster of trees shielding a source of noise that seems to implicate the existence of an advanced scouting force from the enemy nearby. Aside from that, a group of soldiers sneaking towards the enemy troops who have been either surprised or ambushed by a Jeep. Gonna be one of those days.

Spoiler: Vehicle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Question: who exactly isn't out by the Jeep?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Should have made that clearer. All "Support"-types stumbled onto the Jeep encounter. Driver, Gunner and Commander are still in the car.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tap fingers nervously while taking a second, much harder look around.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well then I guess we wait, hey rookie be ready to swap the MG because there isn't a point on wasting our shells up against something like a bike or jeep, and there's the slight fact that it'll make a hell of a lot less noise then firing an HE shell. Rule number two of recon: Make as little noise as possible if you don't want to end up a corpse."

Take a look around, be ready to get moving if our infantrymen need some support.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Yes sir, MG it is. Burst fire or suppression?

Get on the MG.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Keep it to burst fire, we'll save the suppression fire for when we need to get the hell out, of course at that time hopefully you'll be manning the main cannon and someone else the MG."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The jeep saw us...or we saw the jeep and was not able to be detected? I'm sure their surprise means 'oh no. [Germans]'))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Both groups spotted each other.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* Tiruin narrows her eyes and nods.
((Let's be creative.))

...Well. One of these days again.

"Armistice!" she said to the rest as she dropped her weapon whilst crouching (which is right in front of her) and raised both her hands with palms facing the Americans held at shoulder-height, whirling her right hand in a circle and pointing upwards with her index. She knew that many times in war--firefights would come out of skirmishes or minor details, and given the importance of her mission (and no doubt the importance of theirs), she thought of the best route in the scenario: they were just scouts. They had their duty.

She hoped they would get the signal (and/or have an interpreter {as I assume I know only Austrian/French from my veteranship}) and follow the same. No raise of arms, but the idea that we both know we're here.

"Do not shoot, it will only make more apparent. We've done our roles."

She was also unsure how far propaganda spread to demonize each and every enemy soldier--how far the 'enemy' believes Naziism spread in their ranks. Whichever was which, she hoped they were open-minded.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9