Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66349 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
« Reply #300 on: June 21, 2014, 07:54:34 pm »

((They were broken, but Mesk bought a Nyars artifact that gives him Wolverine-level regeneration.  He can recover from a broken spine in a couple minutes.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 21, 2014, 07:57:45 pm »

((They were broken, but Mesk bought a Nyars artifact that gives him Wolverine-level regeneration.  He can recover from a broken spine in a couple minutes.))
((It is sharkmist that gives him the regeneration not that nyars thing that gives him the super regen))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 21, 2014, 08:01:08 pm »

((It's Milno with the Sharkmist symbiosis.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 21, 2014, 08:12:19 pm »

"Gralgha, did anyone get the license number of the hovertruck that hit me?"

See if I can figure up from down, and begin extraction procedures from the snow. Help Vincent while I'm at it(he was carrying me, correct?)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 21, 2014, 10:07:02 pm »

Am I awake? Am I alive? If I am, rest for now, or at least slowly take stock of my surroundings.

Denzel: Relax.

((Now, we see...))

EDIT: Well, I now have the 'Wall of Remembrance' info, but I can't quite delete this post personally, so I'll leave this action/post here.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 12:21:52 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 22, 2014, 01:12:02 pm »

Jobasio slung Whig clumsily across his torso then looked left and right, squinting through the snow without much success.
"Hello?" he says into the radio, "Anyone other than myself left alive? Currently I have no idea just where I am in relation to... well, anything, so I'll stay put for now. Is everything contained, or do we need to keep running? I hope not, I could use a breather."

Send the above message to the team via radio, then check if my wristpad can give me the locations of the others.
If yes, join up with the nearest teammate and grab onto them with my non-broken arm, so as not to lose them again.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #306 on: June 24, 2014, 12:14:28 pm »

If my floppy arm fell off, then there's no point as I won't be able to salvage a working hand.
Trudge towards the apc.

You wriggle out of mesk's grip and trudge over the APC, which isn't much more then a 4 foot tall grayish metal protuberance jutting from the snow. the actual exposed section appears to be the right, rear corner, with a bit of the open back door peaking out above the snow, a leering smirk of empty space with snow partially compacted into it.

Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: All
I haven't been able to raise anyone on the radio, so anybody in pad range who's still alive, report in.
Take a peek into the crater.  If anything moves inside, blast it.  If it's clear, head to the APC and start digging it out.
The crater is a boiling caldera of melted snow and ice inside a blasted bowl of stone; you don't see anything moving in it other then steam and the occasional piece of debris that rides the bubbles up to the surface and then sinks back down. You shrug and head to the APC. You wanna dig it out by hand or what?

Wiggle/claw/crawl my way out of the snow, once out, attempt to dig Michael and my laser out
You wiggle. Then you wiggle some more. Some how, you manage to get the snow even more compacted around you. Great.

"Gralgha, did anyone get the license number of the hovertruck that hit me?"

See if I can figure up from down, and begin extraction procedures from the snow. Help Vincent while I'm at it(he was carrying me, correct?)
You try to move but find the combination of your injuries make digging out all but impossible.

Jobasio slung Whig clumsily across his torso then looked left and right, squinting through the snow without much success.
"Hello?" he says into the radio, "Anyone other than myself left alive? Currently I have no idea just where I am in relation to... well, anything, so I'll stay put for now. Is everything contained, or do we need to keep running? I hope not, I could use a breather."

Send the above message to the team via radio, then check if my wristpad can give me the locations of the others.
If yes, join up with the nearest teammate and grab onto them with my non-broken arm, so as not to lose them again.
You send the message out and then use the location data from their implants to get to their current location. There's nothing on the surface where they're supposed to be; they must still be buried.

You can all communicate with each other by radio since you're in proximity, but from the ground you still have no contact with steve.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 24, 2014, 02:47:29 pm »

"Well, that's just great. Looks like I won't be digging myself out any time soon." He turns on his comms. "If there's anyone in this area, Vincent and I are stuck buried in the snow. We could use a hand digging out, please...."

While Micheal waits for a response, he continues to see if he can free himself and Vincent enough to dig out. If not, just wait for rescue.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 24, 2014, 05:38:23 pm »

"Where are you?  Scratch that, stupid question.  If you've got functional weapons and can tell which way is up, fire a shot straight up and we'll dig out your position.  Anyone have any digging gear left, by the way?"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 24, 2014, 05:41:59 pm »

"I have a pickax I could lend you."
Lend Mesk the pick if he wants it. Can't do much else.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 24, 2014, 10:17:21 pm »

"I can watch if you want to set me over by the APC."

Continue hanging out with Mesk.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 24, 2014, 11:30:11 pm »

"Alright, be sure to give some warning if you're going to start firing straight upwards out of the ground. Otherwise, if you need help getting yourself- agh" Jobasio paused, clutching at his damaged arm for a moment as pain shot through him, before continuing through gritted teeth, "Help getting yourself out, please ask someone who hasn't already broken bones saving your hide."

With that, he turns and walks slowly, unsteadily over to the APC's resting place, clutching grimly at the strap of his rifle.
"Perhaps I could receive some sort of-- nng --medical attention at some point? This hurts rather quite a lot, you know."

>Being injured and not all that much use for digging, head over to meet up with those at the APC instead, making sure to carefully avoid the locations of any buried people who might be shooting their way out. Move slowly and try not to jostle my arm unduly.

>Sit down, rest and try not to injure myself further. Request first aid if there's any on offer.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:56:11 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 25, 2014, 12:22:50 am »

"I'll try aiming up, but we seem to be really stuck, we should be about 5-10 minutes jog from the APC if you can find it. Also there should be a heat ray pack in the APC, as I left it behind, I can't tell you if the crash damaged it however as I was in a hurry to leave and didn't check"

After sending the message, Vincent attempts to aim his gun up and only attempts to fire if he is able to aim up and away from him and Michael
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:24:21 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 25, 2014, 01:56:38 am »

Tend to Jobasio's injuries.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #314 on: June 26, 2014, 11:40:48 am »

"Well, that's just great. Looks like I won't be digging myself out any time soon." He turns on his comms. "If there's anyone in this area, Vincent and I are stuck buried in the snow. We could use a hand digging out, please...."

While Micheal waits for a response, he continues to see if he can free himself and Vincent enough to dig out. If not, just wait for rescue.
You manage to wriggle a little snow cave for your feet and some of your upper body, but your arms are still stuck.

You sigh and wait for someone to dig you out.

"I have a pickax I could lend you."
Lend Mesk the pick if he wants it. Can't do much else.
I can only imagine you balancing the pick on the top of your helmet or shoving it towards him across the ground with your head.

"I can watch if you want to set me over by the APC."

Continue hanging out with Mesk.
Mesk props you up by the APC as he walks by.

"Much obliged!"

"Alright, be sure to give some warning if you're going to start firing straight upwards out of the ground. Otherwise, if you need help getting yourself- agh" Jobasio paused, clutching at his damaged arm for a moment as pain shot through him, before continuing through gritted teeth, "Help getting yourself out, please ask someone who hasn't already broken bones saving your hide."

With that, he turns and walks slowly, unsteadily over to the APC's resting place, clutching grimly at the strap of his rifle.
"Perhaps I could receive some sort of-- nng --medical attention at some point? This hurts rather quite a lot, you know."

>Being injured and not all that much use for digging, head over to meet up with those at the APC instead, making sure to carefully avoid the locations of any buried people who might be shooting their way out. Move slowly and try not to jostle my arm unduly.

>Sit down, rest and try not to injure myself further. Request first aid if there's any on offer.

You trudge over to the apc and sit down against one of the upturned wheel wells.

"MEDIC! And by that I mean, please provide medical aid. That isn't an invitation for a flying jump kick."

"I'll try aiming up, but we seem to be really stuck, we should be about 5-10 minutes jog from the APC if you can find it. Also there should be a heat ray pack in the APC, as I left it behind, I can't tell you if the crash damaged it however as I was in a hurry to leave and didn't check"

After sending the message, Vincent attempts to aim his gun up and only attempts to fire if he is able to aim up and away from him and Michael

You continue to not be able to get out.

Tend to Jobasio's injuries.
You sort of poke at Jobasio's broken arm. Hmm, jabbing at the broken part doesn't fix it. Wonder why?

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33