Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66292 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: Stacy is fired.
« Reply #195 on: June 09, 2014, 11:38:38 am »

Xan sighs.
Someone who is skilled with mechanics please help eject his brain.

Wait for someone to open his brainpan, then
envelop Stacy's brain in myself, using a moderate amount of biomass to give him a body like this the size of a basketball, with two moderately sized arms as well. Eject his new body once I'm done and reform into what I was.

Use dynamic Will bonus for this; I'm going to need it.

The waiting begins.

Sing to myself while hoping somebody feels brave enough to crack open this braincase of mine. Maintain limpness steadfastly.

If nobody steps up, start exploring the auxiliary programming of the robot body. I know I can send messages to places at the speed of thought, but what else can I do? Intellectually explore my capabilities.

You can manipulate the chemicals the system pumps into your brain to simulate a normal human body.

"Nope. This is bullshit. I'm not playing with damn Matryoshka boxes. That is not a thing that is happening."

Try to intuit what could be in an SC box.

((C'mon +1 bonus from Mercenary profession.))
Uh...hmm Well...SC...Storage containers? Scary crap? Sudsy Chihuahua? It's probably nothing too dangerous. Probably.

Mesk glances over at where his team is opening the crates and nods in approval once it's clear nobody is dying a horrible death.  Looking back at Michael, he tssks.
"You know, if I wasn't fixing your legs I could be removing Stacy's brain right now.  Do you have any idea what I'm missing out on for your sake?"
Apply advanced kit and medical skill to broken legs.
"I mean, it would've been the greatest challenge of my medical career.  I'd go down in history as 'the man who found Stacy's brain'."
You get the bones in his legs stabilized and splinted up, give him pain killers and make a pair of crutches for him out of some scrap metal.

"Thats about all we can do right now. You can walk, somewhat, with those, but you're probably better off either staying behind the rest of us and not moving more then you have to."

Jobasio gives the cable a couple of tugs, making sure it's secure, then straightens up with a nod.
"Should be good enough to get you down there or back up again, I think. I'll get back to keeping watch, then."
With that he turns and strolls back around the boxy shape of the APC, trudging slowly in a circle around it as his boots crunch tracks through the ice. He pauses every eight steps or so, squinting through his helmet's faceplate into the surrounding wastes.

>Walk a slow circuit around the APC, keeping a sharp eye out for any non-allied movement.
Make frequent pauses as I go, to more closely scan the horizon for anything out of place or moving. Once I reach the point I started from, if I haven't seen anything worrying, go climb back into the vehicle and relax.
You take a walk around the APC, searching the horizon as you do. The only worrying things you can see are the slowly setting sun and the storm on the horizon. The clouds, dark and milky, abnormally thick and flowing over the landscape like a slow motion tsunami, are coming toward the ice sheet. At this speed it looks like they'll be here in less then an hour.

Open one MC crate, intervene if it seems that Xan is going to crush Stacy's brain, though don't intervene if someone else is opening the braincase.

"Careful with Stacy's Brain, Xan. Us robot people tend to be fond of our brains."
Open up a crate. If I find anything that could be used to play music of make pizzas inside, take it out and bring it back to Jobasio.
Look into the crate I just opened

DON'T OPEN THE BOXES!!!
If anyone tries to open a box, punch them in the face and slam it shut. Also close any boxes that were already opened.
Dubley charges around the room, slapping people who try to open boxes in the back of the helmet and slamming the one already open box closed.
"DON'T DO THAT!" He hisses at the the team in general. "HAVEN'T YOU EVER SEEN A FUCKING HORROR MOVIE?! JESUS REPTILIAN SPACE CHRIST!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 09, 2014, 11:41:49 am »

Ooh. Ooh! That's definitely interesting!

Can I manipulate my neurostransmitters? To what degree? If a reasonable one, try lowering my serotonin levels a tad. Gods know that I could use a bit of depression right about now.

At any rate, check if I can do anything else. Can I program things from here? Say, messing around with certain subsystems?

What subsystems do I even have? There's the motor subsystem, which got smashed to pieces, and evidently a chemical subsystem for my brain, but what else?

By the way, is the chemical subsystem rigged to respond in certain ways to certain thought patterns to simulate emotion?

You get the bones in his legs stabilized and splinted up, give him pain killers and make a pair of crutches for him out of some scrap metal.

"Thats about all we can do right now. You can walk, somewhat, with those, but you're probably better off either staying behind the rest of us and not moving more then you have to."

"I just had an idea! What if you were to, say, chop off his current legs, give him mine, as they might fit, and give the legs to Bud so that he can make a better body for me at less expense to himself?"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:48:01 am by Harry Baldman »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 09, 2014, 12:12:14 pm »

"If anyone even thinks of doing that, they get a guass round to the face."

Gingerly get up and reposition to cover anything bad happening to the rest of the team. Open a box before sitting on it to make sure I don't suddenly get my ass eaten.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 07:25:58 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2014, 12:16:34 pm »

"Hmm," Jobasio says over the comms in a newscaster voice, eyeing the clouds on the horizon, "I'm afraid today's forecast doesn't look particularly pleasant- cloudy with a chance of apocalyptic storms around dusk. A pity you couldn't have made a roof over your little hole, there... and now over to Temmit, with the sport."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 09, 2014, 01:36:12 pm »

Xan sighs.
Someone who is skilled with mechanics please help eject his brain.

Wait for someone to open his brainpan, then
envelop Stacy's brain in myself, using a moderate amount of biomass to give him a body like this the size of a basketball, with two moderately sized arms as well. Eject his new body once I'm done and reform into what I was.

Use dynamic Will bonus for this; I'm going to need it.

Keep waiting.
Preemptively duck to ward off lasering of my head.

Anyone?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:30:48 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 09, 2014, 02:32:22 pm »

"I'm done over here, be right there."
Head over to Stacy and pop his brain out.
"Jobasio, keep keeping an eye on the weather.  And ask Temmit how the Habs are doing, I haven't heard any sports news for millennia."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 09, 2014, 02:34:45 pm »

Magilla attempts to wrestle Dubley away, and if necesarry, use his kinetic amplifier on him, trying to only incapacitate him rather than outright killing Dubley. Then once that's done, he opens one of the boxes.
Attempt to disarm Dubley should he do anything to endanger the rest of the team.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:25:13 am by darkpaladin109 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 09, 2014, 02:53:27 pm »

Magilla attempts to wrestle Dubley away, and if necesarry, use his kinetic amplifier on him, trying to only incapacitate him rather than outright killing Dubley. Then once that's done, he opens one of the boxes.
Oh dear.
Sig! Onol

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 09, 2014, 03:05:25 pm »

(That's a really bad idea.)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 09, 2014, 03:06:18 pm »

Open the SC Box. If Dubley tries to stop me, I'm gonna test out this Shackle. And maybe duck, to avoid losing my head..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:30:16 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 09, 2014, 03:35:48 pm »

(That's a really bad idea.)
((Not it's not :P /sarcasm))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 09, 2014, 04:09:34 pm »

"You suicidal homicidal idiots wanna open the boxes? FINE THEN! Lets open the fuckin death boxes. Don't blame me when you're all raped to death by alien death penises cause it was your fuckin idea. Fuck it if I'm gonna die again it had better be aliens and not another fuckin teamkill."

Take out one of my cutting lasers and sweep it across the top of all the boxes.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 09, 2014, 04:31:05 pm »

If Dubley doesn't stand down/isn't stood down, raise my rifle and shoot to incapacitate Dubley/disable the laser, trying to target the laser before Dubley. Use gauss rounds. Should I miss or if the laser is coming my way, dive for cover. If Dubley does stand down, just open the MC crate I was going to before, so long as there are no active explosions.

"Stop, you idiot!"

((+1 Con and Dex bonuses, for the record, from level-up, should you not have the info yet.))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 06:44:14 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 09, 2014, 04:34:24 pm »

"All of you, stand the fuck down.  Anybody who puts the team, the APC or the mission in danger, I will make sure you don't come back with us.  Got it?  If you're thinking of doing something stupid, I suggest you forget you ever even considered it right now.  Now, I want everyone who's not keeping watch or creating a human body to open the boxes one at a time, with everybody backing each other up in the unlikely case anything dangerous is still lurking inside."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 09, 2014, 04:37:21 pm »

Listen to Mesk or I'll make sure your future comes to a bad end.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33