Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66248 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: Stacy is fired.
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2014, 09:47:17 pm »

((Oh, sorry. It wasn't listed on the wiki or idiots in space.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2014, 12:42:16 am »

"Honestly, if this thing is on it's side, I vote saving the rope for us to use to move around, and maybe just checking the boxes for anything volatile, and then using the heat gun to burn a SAFE path to the door"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2014, 03:44:33 am »

"We don't know what's in here.  Could be dangerous, or valuable, maybe both.  Probably not a good idea to go around firing weapons - or heat guns - in here until we get a better idea of what we've got ourselves into."

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2014, 04:29:34 am »

"Yeah, I guess maybe the heat gun suggestion wasn't well thought out, but I still think we'll probably need rope for getting around if this thing is on it's side" Vincent pauses for a second before continuing "Well, those of us without flight capabilities anyways"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2014, 01:25:38 pm »

"Wait...if that was a hallway we just fell through, then the entire structure is on its side. Which means if there is a door, its probably under those boxes. Also, its going to be a pain trying to navigate this place. Do we just move the boxes out of the way, or should we get them topside so we don't have to do it later? We'll probably have to tie them to the rope and lift them individually, unless anybody wants to just fly them out of here. I wonder if they are labeled." Jason remarks, focusing his attention on the boxes.

Look to see if the boxes have any labels or distinguishing marks, without touching them. For emphasis, WITHOUT touching them.

The boxes all have what appears to be an identification alphanumeric code. You look over a few dozen and notice a pattern. The first two characters are always letters and there seems to be a pattern: namely that there only seem to be a few combinations of letters that appear:

FD
MC
MT
ST
SC

One of these pairs of letters appears on every box.

"Looks like I have a mouth and yet I'm not screaming, gentlemen! Amazing, is it not?"

Hm... one question, can I turn off my sensory systems at will?

"Say, Bud, you know how to make biomechanical widgets? I think I have a connection or two loose. Or maybe you could carry my brain within your body and I can use my expertise to help you shoot my gun and do other things? That sound fun? Or perhaps you can just make me some kind of fun little flesh platform to walk around with? The latter's probably a bit impractical, but still."
Sure.

As michael swings back in forth, still tangled by the leg, he wonders "Ok, how the fuck did I manage to get into this situation?!"

Untangle, and continue climbing down the hole!

You untangle yourself and get down in the most efficient way possible. IE, you fall 20 feet. It's not far enough to kill ya but it's more then enough to break both your legs.

"DAMN YOU LEGS! MY LITERAL DOWNFALL YET AGAIN! ALSO THIS IS QUITE UNCOMFORTABLE AND I AM GOING INTO SHOCK PLEASE SEND HELP. LOVE, MIKE. PS OUCH."

>I want to find some music, dangit!
Surely there are some tapes/CDs/space-age-music-thingies lying about in the APC?!
Use the Inmate run radio station: http://plug.dj/einsteinian-roulette/

Aid/Spot Michael and help him with getting down. Then, see how I can make a quick way up. Preferably a safe one. Could Xan maybe create handholds along the cable and leave them there?
Well, Mike just helped himself, so to speak. Now, about that fast way up, you could probably go back up and attach the cable to the APC's front winch. That would be a good way to do it, assuming someone is up there to turn it on.

Get into the APC and help Jobasio find music.
Clearly this is the pressing problem right? Finding tunes for Jobasio. He's gonna ask you to make him a pizza now, you just know it.

Loot Stacy's HEP and toss it to Michael when he gets down.
"Hey new guy, you might wanna actually bring a weapon on your next mission."
You confiscate the offending alien death penis and store it for later, more responsible usage. Or at least later use. Responsible...eh thats really a subjective term around here.

((Wait, I could jump down the whole length of it without trouble? How?))

Hmm. Let me look into these crates and I'll see if I can get you a temporary body.

Get out of my Mk. I in preparation for transformation. Try to look into the crates with my super eyes and see what I see.
Apparently what is in them is thick metal. Or that might just be your inability to see through metal. Maybe if you configured your eyes to produce some sort of high penetration radiation that might work. It might also give everyone around you cancer and melt your head. Not that those combination of side effect has stopped you before.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2014, 01:35:51 pm »

Well, I can't see anything in the boxes, but I don't have x rays shooting out of my head, so I can't be sure there's nothing. Stacy, any preferences as to what type of body you'd like?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 02, 2014, 01:52:46 pm »

Try to intuit what the boxes hold. Then try to logically deduce what the boxes hold. Then open a box.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2014, 02:06:40 pm »

Well, I can't see anything in the boxes, but I don't have x rays shooting out of my head, so I can't be sure there's nothing. Stacy, any preferences as to what type of body you'd like?

Stacy begins to sing to a classic folk tune that sounds very familiar, if not immediately placeable.

"If I had a body,
I would like it to have many, many, many tufts of fur~!
And a ball-like shape, so I could roll around,
If I had a body, yes~!
And a set of arms, yeah,
To murder, use and plunder many, many, many things~!
And one well-adapted mouthhole that
I can keep my plunder in~!"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:10:25 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2014, 02:09:22 pm »

I can do something like that, though it'll be the size of a [basketball] at best. Open your brain case.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 02, 2014, 02:19:14 pm »

I can do something like that, though it'll be the size of a [basketball] at best. Open your brain case.

Stacy keeps humming as he considers the thought.

"Oh, the va-ga-ries that I must face,
As a quadruplegic man~!
Not sure I can do that,
Physically, though I really, really, really, really would~!
Peel away the robot and then crack the rest,
Could you maybe do that, Bud~?"

See if I can open my braincase of my own volition. Can't see how that would be sound design, but you never know. Permit and aid Xan's manipulations to the best of my ability. Think back to prom night, if I can remember it, and try a similar level of limp submission.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:42:45 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 02, 2014, 02:36:40 pm »

This'll be interesting.

If Stacy can't open his brain case, try to open it via some means. Then envelop Stacy's brain in myself, using a moderate amount of biomass to give him a body like this the size of a basketball, with two moderately sized arms as well. Eject his new body once I'm done and reform into what I was.

Use dynamic Will bonus for this; I'm going to need it.
Sig! Onol

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 02, 2014, 03:07:56 pm »

"Hmm.  Looks like we'll have to open the boxes manually.  FD... food?  MC, medicine, maybe?  The others... no idea.  Everyone who's not maimed or growing a body, get to work opening at least one of each of the crates and see what's inside."
Have a look at Michael's legs and see what the damage is for a dynamic bonus.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2014, 03:09:28 pm »

Climb down the hole.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2014, 03:32:15 pm »

"Hey, APC guys, would you mind hooking up one of the rappeling cables to the front winch?"

Inspect boxes with cameyes, tap one if it seems safe. If it seems perfectly safe, inspect it for a way to open it. (Dynamic Bonus for crate-opening.) Also, make sure to have at least some distance/one crate between me and the guy trying to open the MD crate.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 02:31:26 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 03, 2014, 01:31:11 am »

"Eh, fuck it! I need to stockpile meds anyways" Open up a crate with MC on it in such a way that I have the door between myself and whatever is inside the crate once it is fully open
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 03:45:57 am by Kedly »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33