Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: I. HEAR. A. SOUND.  (Read 66279 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 15: Arctic Expedition: Stacy is fired.
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2014, 02:39:33 pm »

"I don't see any problem with sending Stacy in first, might as well make him useful.  I'll go with him to make sure he doesn't get in any trouble."

"Well, you see, I'd love to go scouting with you, but there is the problem of being a blasted wreckage of a person that's preventing me from doing so. Care to help?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2014, 02:54:48 pm »

Fix Stacy's legs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2014, 01:20:36 am »

((Poor Stacy.))

Jobasio, rummaging about the driver's compartment for forgotten treasures, wasn't about to disagree with that instruction as it came through the comms.
In fact he smiles slightly to himself as he replies.
"Ah, certainly. I shall keep an eye on things up here, and have this thing ready to drive at a moment's notice.
You lot can just focus on whatever's down below."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #138 on: May 31, 2014, 12:03:49 pm »

Michael shouts down the hole "Well, when you screw something up then, you have to pay the piper!".

Michael looks for anything to tie off the cables to. Is the APC close enough/have any sort of mounting points for cables? If not, create an ice anchor(like the snow anchor in that video, but cut from the ice), secure the cable, and begin rapelling down to the bottom of the hole.
Well the apc works fine as an anchor point.

You start climbing down into the hole, but manage to get yourself tangled up in the rope and are left stuck a good 50 feet above the ground, upside down, hanging by one leg.

((Yay, my character isn't newbie-paste! Yet, anyways.))

"Thank you. Hey, is there any way we could wait to help the robot until after we finish our mission? Jason asks Mesk before taking a deep breath in relief at not currently being a flat paste at the bottom of the cargo bay.

Hope that Mesk doesn't let me fall. Try not to move too much. Activate head lamp.

"I am seriously considering it.  Get your lamps on, I want to take a look around."
Bring Vincent and Jason down to the ground, then go back up and retrieve Dubley.
"That was a nice save.  How are your arms?"
Activate my head lamp.  Take a look around; figure out if the room we're in is part of or separate from the exposed artifact above.

After being let down, Vincent breathes a sigh of relief and turns to Mesk. "Shit! That was close! Thanks a lot! I would have been ****ed if you hadn't caught me" Vincent then flicks his head lamp on as per Mesk's request.
"Think there is any point in continuing to carry this heat gun?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mesk brings his two passengers to the ground then flies up and grabs the would be space miner from his perch. Once they're all on the relatively stable floor of scattered cargo containers, the group turn on their head lamps and look around. The room is definitely part of whatever was sticking out of the ice; it looks like the section stacy vaporized used to be a doorway or a hall leading into this room. There aren't any other doors to be seen on the walls or ceiling, but it stands to reason there might be some under all these containers, against what would be, if the room was oriented right, the wall opposite the other door.

Help make a good anchor and lower the cables. Also, see if we can set up a way to climb back up quickly. Finally, climb/slide down to help guard my teammates. Also, go check out Stacy and help him get situated.

"On our way down guys, just don't try to kill yourselves again.
You throw the cable down after anchoring it to the APC and slide down with one hand in an awesome, yet insanely reckless, manner. It's only once you reach the bottom that you remember you have no fast way back out.

"oh well. Least I looked cool while I was fucking it up."

"So uh... everyone alright? Do try not to do that again. Let me know if you need the APC moved closer, or anything. "
Jobasio speaks through the comms, watching proceedings from the driver's seat.

Grab a cold one from the APC's built-in bar fridge, sit back and relax. Oh, and uh, keep an eye on things. Yeah.
Rummage about between the seats for a convenient music cassette or equivalent, left there by a previous owner.
what.

what.
...he survived that? I respect you, old man.

Once the rope's secured, rappel down after everyone else.
You rappel down without incident. Ironically the only one who could literally just jump down without a bit of difficulty is the only one to climb down perfectly. Go figure.

"Well, I'm glad nobody got hurt, at least!"

Can I move my arms?

"I am seriously considering it.  Get your lamps on, I want to take a look around."

"What, really? I could theoretically be helpful. It's just that I periodically am possessed by the devil. Happens to the best of us, no?"

If nobody helps me get fixed, try to perform basic patches myself.
You are fucked, sir. All your parts are still attached to you but the fall smashed the computer which handled nerve to machine communications. You can still see and hear, but you can't move a single synthetic muscle. You're a quadriplegic robot. You're the saddest of all possible futures.

The Jetsons weep.

Magilla heads back to where the others are.
"Anyone need help with anything?"
Well you've got an underdeveloped simian brain. Perhaps you could tutor stacy.

Fix Stacy's legs.
COMBINE YOUR DANG POSTS

Also, stacy is gonna need parts to fix. This isn't like normal, where you can just solder some stuff that broke back together and get something mostly functional. This is a Wall-e situation: he needs specific parts which you don't have.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2014, 12:26:28 pm »

"Wait...if that was a hallway we just fell through, then the entire structure is on its side. Which means if there is a door, its probably under those boxes. Also, its going to be a pain trying to navigate this place. Do we just move the boxes out of the way, or should we get them topside so we don't have to do it later? We'll probably have to tie them to the rope and lift them individually, unless anybody wants to just fly them out of here. I wonder if they are labeled." Jason remarks, focusing his attention on the boxes.

Look to see if the boxes have any labels or distinguishing marks, without touching them. For emphasis, WITHOUT touching them.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2014, 12:41:34 pm »

"Looks like I have a mouth and yet I'm not screaming, gentlemen! Amazing, is it not?"

Hm... one question, can I turn off my sensory systems at will?

"Say, Bud, you know how to make biomechanical widgets? I think I have a connection or two loose. Or maybe you could carry my brain within your body and I can use my expertise to help you shoot my gun and do other things? That sound fun? Or perhaps you can just make me some kind of fun little flesh platform to walk around with? The latter's probably a bit impractical, but still."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:44:50 pm by Harry Baldman »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2014, 12:55:38 pm »

As michael swings back in forth, still tangled by the leg, he wonders "Ok, how the fuck did I manage to get into this situation?!"

Untangle, and continue climbing down the hole!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2014, 01:38:29 pm »

>I want to find some music, dangit!
Surely there are some tapes/CDs/space-age-music-thingies lying about in the APC?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2014, 02:24:31 pm »

Aid/Spot Michael and help him with getting down. Then, see how I can make a quick way up. Preferably a safe one. Could Xan maybe create handholds along the cable and leave them there?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2014, 02:26:48 pm »

Get into the APC and help Jobasio find music.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2014, 02:32:56 pm »

Loot Stacy's HEP and toss it to Michael when he gets down.
"Hey new guy, you might wanna actually bring a weapon on your next mission."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 04:03:07 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2014, 02:35:29 pm »

"Alright, change of plans.  Stacy, you're out of commission unless Xan can grow you a new body.  Even then, you're not going to be of much help until you get used to it.  I'm gonna take you up to relieve Jobasio, keep a watch out for us."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2014, 02:53:02 pm »

Loot Stacy's HEP and toss it to Michael when he gets down.
"Hey new guy, you might wanna actually bring a weapon on your next mission."

"You probably don't want to give him that gun - it's not exactly for noodly-armed types. Takes at least a good seven points of robotic muscle to heft, I find. Besides, he'd hurt himself very badly with it even if he could liiift iiit~!" Stacy says, his voice growing increasingly musical as the urge begins to change gears.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 02:55:29 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2014, 04:21:29 pm »

((Wait, I could jump down the whole length of it without trouble? How?))

Hmm. Let me look into these crates and I'll see if I can get you a temporary body.

Get out of my Mk. I in preparation for transformation. Try to look into the crates with my super eyes and see what I see.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2014, 09:36:09 pm »

(umm, I've got Simus's modded cive gauss rifle. Or at least, that's what I said I was bringing...)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33