Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 13: Assassination  (Read 51039 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 13: Assassination
« Reply #225 on: July 28, 2014, 09:43:27 am »

Thaddeus nervously clears his throat and shrugs: "Ah, that's a good question boss. Last time I checked Steve said he'd get back to me with an update. That was a while ago. I'll check right now to see how everything else is going. Unless there's something specific you want me to ask about?"

Use Stevecom to ask for updates for our mission, the other missions, and any general new information/updates

Oh, and watch/report/charge

>Your mission has not changed. Other missions have encountered some degree of difficulty. Continue as normal, but I recommend not wasting any time if you can help it. Once you've completed the task, get out of town and a ship will pick you up.

Hmm.

Lars bowed toward him.  "Yes, my friend.  I will prepare to move out."

Get crap together.  Pack case with tools, with the tranq pistol hidden at the bottom.  Get ready to move out when Milno signals.
You gather up the gear, carefully stowing the pistol at the bottom, as hidden as you can manage.

Continue to slowly 'work', mumbling to myself and taking notes on the wiring.

Next time I come out to the hall, make note of any breaker boxes on this floor before continuing

No sign of any breaker box. Considering the prefab setup of the rest of the building it would surprise you to find out that the breakers are all down on the first floor, daisy chained along to allow any number of stories to be stacked up without too much difference in wiring. Eh.

You keep checking and the man keeps a loose eye on you, paying enough attention to make sure you're not doing anything suspicious but not enough to notice that you're not really doing anything electrical.

"Steve be with you, Lars. I'll stay here on lookout duty. Unless you want me to come with, Milno."

Get disguised up, get case packed, and start "doing maintenence" in the hall.
Walk out into the hall and start "inspecting", while keeping an eye focused toward the entrance door to the current floor.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2014, 09:49:22 am »

Lars bowed to the others in the room.  "I will go now.  May the light of Steve shine on us all."

Head up to the sixth floor to find and "replace" Skylar.  Focus on how I can manipulate the emotions of the guard up there. (IE bonus charge if possible)

When he got there, he glanced nervously at the guard and tapped Skylar.  "Go.  Boss need."  He then started to pretend to work.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2014, 09:57:47 am »

Take position in the 5th floor and pretend to work, but keep ears alert in case anything goes wrong.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2014, 03:28:53 am »

Thaddeus, still crouched in his corner of the room starts talking to himself quietly:"I'm so freaking ready to kill something with my mind! So ready! I can just imagine it now, it'd be glorious, I can just imagine it, I...I...eh...maybe I should stop thinking about it for a bit. I'm starting to feel a little crazy and my brain might explode or something.

Hmm? Hmm. Is that a good hmm or a bad one? Anyways, watch and report. Hold off on that bonus before Thaddeus' brain spontaneously combusts
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2014, 02:23:48 pm »

Lars bowed to the others in the room.  "I will go now.  May the light of Steve shine on us all."

Head up to the sixth floor to find and "replace" Skylar.  Focus on how I can manipulate the emotions of the guard up there. (IE bonus charge if possible)

When he got there, he glanced nervously at the guard and tapped Skylar.  "Go.  Boss need."  He then started to pretend to work.

Alright. Finished those rooms, moving there.

Wait for the guard to acknowledge the switch before leaving. Do not try to approach Lars until the guard is satisfied. Then just leave the floor

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2014, 09:42:30 am »

You walk up stairs and switch positions with skylar. There's a moment where the Guard looks like he's gonna say something, force you back down stairs, but he holds back after he sees skylar packing up to go.

It's 4 pm.

Take position in the 5th floor and pretend to work, but keep ears alert in case anything goes wrong.
You head up to the 5th floor and pretend to work, doing your best to stay directly under where Lars should be. You can't hear much aside from his footsteps for now.

Thaddeus, still crouched in his corner of the room starts talking to himself quietly:"I'm so freaking ready to kill something with my mind! So ready! I can just imagine it now, it'd be glorious, I can just imagine it, I...I...eh...maybe I should stop thinking about it for a bit. I'm starting to feel a little crazy and my brain might explode or something.

Hmm? Hmm. Is that a good hmm or a bad one? Anyways, watch and report. Hold off on that bonus before Thaddeus' brain spontaneously combusts
Monitoring continues to intensify.

Alright. Finished those rooms, moving there.

Wait for the guard to acknowledge the switch before leaving. Do not try to approach Lars until the guard is satisfied. Then just leave the floor
You leave the 6th floor and head down to the 5th, where you connect up with milno.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2014, 10:41:19 am »

((Did Lars get a bonus charge?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 30, 2014, 12:59:21 pm »

Milno communicates quietly with the rest of the team while Lars prepares to perform his role upstairs. "In case this all goes to hell, I'm taking a pair of pills and acting as fast as possible to take down those guards before acting as our battering ram to breach the target's room. I'll try to tranq him and either Lars or Thomas follows behind me to get a tranq shot at him as well. In case I either fail and happen to be killed or successful and end up suffering the afteraffects of the pills, just try to keep me in one piece."

"In case I'm dead, buy or get a tarpaulin to carry my body out of this place and if I just start suffering the drugs' pains, then just stick some rag in my mouth to muffle any screaming or whatever they may cause."

Continue to pay attention, legs flexing and tensing, prepared to spring at any moment (surprisingly fitting dex charge due to the scenario).
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 30, 2014, 03:51:35 pm »

The time was now.  With the blessing of Steve, everything should come into play.

Using the amp, convince the guard that there's a knocking sound coming from inside one of rooms on that floor that's out of the view of any camera (or the other guard) and that it's vitally important he check it out by himself.  When he goes inside to check it out, slip in behind and tranq him.  Lie down the body and move him to make it look like he's taking a nap.

(If I can pack this all into one turn to save time) Tell the other guard that the first guard left.  When he goes to check the first guard, tranq him too.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 30, 2014, 10:01:06 pm »

Thaddeus quickly changes his radio to Milno's frequency and starts talking quickly and quietly: "Hey boss? If worse comes to worse, with these cam-eye goggles, I'm fairly certain I can use my amp to take out any targets. I can start preparing, if you want me to. Just in case."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 30, 2014, 10:03:06 pm »

"I wish you were prepared already. Anyway, do so. Remember to use just as much energy needed to kill or incapacitate them. You don't need to melt a man's whole chest to get him on the ground."
>Yes?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 30, 2014, 10:05:13 pm »

"Eh...right. Oops. Will do."

Watch, report, charge exo bonus

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 01, 2014, 02:47:33 am »

Charge a dexterity bonus to charge in, in case things go wrong. Also, move up there.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:06:13 am by Spinal_Taper »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 01, 2014, 03:15:00 am »

Collect my emergency kit and cutting torch, head into an empty room near the stairs on the 5th floor to wait

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #239 on: August 01, 2014, 09:22:11 am »

Milno communicates quietly with the rest of the team while Lars prepares to perform his role upstairs. "In case this all goes to hell, I'm taking a pair of pills and acting as fast as possible to take down those guards before acting as our battering ram to breach the target's room. I'll try to tranq him and either Lars or Thomas follows behind me to get a tranq shot at him as well. In case I either fail and happen to be killed or successful and end up suffering the afteraffects of the pills, just try to keep me in one piece."

"In case I'm dead, buy or get a tarpaulin to carry my body out of this place and if I just start suffering the drugs' pains, then just stick some rag in my mouth to muffle any screaming or whatever they may cause."

Continue to pay attention, legs flexing and tensing, prepared to spring at any moment (surprisingly fitting dex charge due to the scenario).
You make ready to run back upstairs and start popping caps in asses.
Charge a dexterity bonus to charge in, in case things go wrong. Also, move up there.
Gonna assume that by "up there" you mean up to the 5th floor which you're already on. Since moving to the 6th floor would rather fuck up Lars' attempt to be stealthy.

Collect my emergency kit and cutting torch, head into an empty room near the stairs on the 5th floor to wait
Anticipating fuckups intensifies.

"Eh...right. Oops. Will do."

Watch, report, charge exo bonus
Keep calm and watch motherfuckers through the floor.

The time was now.  With the blessing of Steve, everything should come into play.

Using the amp, convince the guard that there's a knocking sound coming from inside one of rooms on that floor that's out of the view of any camera (or the other guard) and that it's vitally important he check it out by himself.  When he goes inside to check it out, slip in behind and tranq him.  Lie down the body and move him to make it look like he's taking a nap.

(If I can pack this all into one turn to save time) Tell the other guard that the first guard left.  When he goes to check the first guard, tranq him too.

The guard cocks his head and seems to be listening to something down the hall, his eyes slightly glazed, and then wanders off down the hall. You double check that no one else is watching you and then dig through your bag and find the Tranq pistol. You hold it in one hand, partially hidden behind you, and follow quietly after him. He walks to a door down the hall and grabs the handle. You hear the rattle of the lock mechanism and suddenly remember that these rooms are all locked; you've only been able to get in because the owner gave you the keys. You bite your lip and decide to go for it anyways.

As the man starts to turn, seemingly coming out of the suggestion you shoved into his brain, you fire. The tranq gun makes a  small hissing sound as it fires a dart straight into the guard's neck. The guard keeps turning and looks at you. He's still on his feet but the drugs are already having an effect; his mind is clearly fogged and you can see the gears in his head working, trying to figure out whats going on and what he should do, but he can't hold both things in his head at once, they keep sliding away like greased marbles. He opens his mouth to say something, or maybe to yell, closes it with a confused expression and then starts to fall. You quickly run under and catch him, easing him to the ground so he doesn't make too much noise. That done, you open the nearest door and drag him into the room. You can't lift him onto the bed, so you just drag him behind it and then lock the door on your way back out.

"I fixed the first frayed wire." you say into your walkie talkie, in as nonchalant a voice as you can muster.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23