Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53846 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(This still happening? Once again I have double posted in this thread, but I can think of no other way of verifying.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

((If you double post on your own thread are you really double posting at all?))
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

((This is Zanz's thread, though.))
((Regardless, perhaps a reboot in a different thread is in order? Perhaps you could change the system, Hugo, you seems to really like this. I would too, but it moved too fast, and then it got boring. Perhaps have someone act as kinda-sorta GM, and they'd introduce arbitrary conflicts, and if it's like this, provide the rooms.))
((So actually, what Zanz did sometimes, just more often.))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I still like the idea of people being able to throw their own stuff at the party, but a bigger GM presence is probably needed to supply stuff when it slows down or otherwise regulate the pacing. I'd prefer to continue this one since a new one would have to do all that "where are we who are you guys?" stuff over, but then again it could not throw high-level monsters at you right off the bat.))

((I guess I'll just wait to see if Zanz has any objections.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((I still like the idea of people being able to throw their own stuff at the party, but a bigger GM presence is probably needed to supply stuff when it slows down or otherwise regulate the pacing. I'd prefer to continue this one since a new one would have to do all that "where are we who are you guys?" stuff over, but then again it could not throw high-level monsters at you right off the bat.))

((I guess I'll just wait to see if Zanz has any objections.))

(Just a matter of who actually wants to.  With college work, I can't really do that.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Alright, I guess I'll reboot it. Any mechanics people want changed, or are we good with the ones Zanz came up with?)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

((A few, yes. A different class system, as well as a reworking of the ability system. It was not particularly clear to me how we decided on our abilities.))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((It seemed pretty straightforward to me. You decide on your own abilities, with the stipulation of choosing either an passive/active one per level, and have a set system of level progression. It was simple and freeform. However, after ~60 pages the highest anyone got to was level 2, but that could be more an issue with pacing.))

((Do you have any alternatives in mind?))
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:19:29 pm by HugoLuman »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

((I was not aware that was how it worked.))
((Regardless, I should like it if we could, at least, choose more abilities. Also, do include a magic system of some sort, even if it's only 'magic can do this, but not this'.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((How about 2 abilities at the start, 1 per level, and item-based magic? The class abilities already seem like very specific magic, once we get to higher levels they probably do some pretty magical things.))

((Also, if we're going to reboot this, I just want to say this was my favorite moment:))

The pumpkin stares at the two bricks intently, standing so completely still as to be devoid of motion. He didn't move, and seemed to be stuck in place.

"Hmmm, it appears we broke the mind of our poor acquaintance here lads. Guess he won't be bothering us anymo-"

The pumpkin started to eat. It grabbed from the same general area over and over and over again, stuffing itself on food which seemed to materilzize out of nothing. The pumpkin grew larger, and larger, and yet larger still, until it reached the top of the diner's ceiling.

"That wasn't too baaaad."

The colossal glutton then proceeded to walk out of the door, breaking it and the surrounding area in the process and shattering the whole facade, leaving behind a plain concrete wall and wooden gate as it appeared to simply vanish in the wall. The room fell silent, and everything seemed a touch more real.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

((That... could work, I suppose. How exactly are class abilities 'very specific magic', though? Although, I suppose kj's shadow clone counts...))
((I have already decided on my class, then.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Telepathy, transferring wounds, and that clone seem pretty magical to me. Just also very situational.))

((The other major obstacle in starting over is doing all that "where are we who are you" RP again, but it might not be such a problem since we'll probably have a different group of players.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((I was not aware that was how it worked.))
((Regardless, I should like it if we could, at least, choose more abilities. Also, do include a magic system of some sort, even if it's only 'magic can do this, but not this'.))

(A magic system did exist, specifically, the abilities.  However, the more obvious magics weren't seen since no one chose a class like wizard/mage/etc.)

((The other major obstacle in starting over is doing all that "where are we who are you" RP again, but it might not be such a problem since we'll probably have a different group of players.))

(I'd say we don't start over, but have a 'few hours later', having all the players meet up somewhere in the town.  The gap would provide a window where players could have wandered in, and existing players could just post what their characters did during that time.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I would like to continue this one, but I think the other players have lost interest. Maybe we should give them time to see that the thread has updated, though. New players could use the thingy that teleports them to the rest of the party I guess.)

(May as well do that NPC conversation you were planning on in town, though.)

(If we do start over, we'll probably need to think of some plausible way for people to drop in and out.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(May as well do that NPC conversation you were planning on in town, though.)

(I'll have that occur in the 'events that occurred' skip.)

(I would like to continue this one, but I think the other players have lost interest. Maybe we should give them time to see that the thread has updated, though. New players could use the thingy that teleports them to the rest of the party I guess.)

(I could change the parenthesis to mention your taking a position as GM.)
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67