Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 53803 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(Going by what Zanzetkuken said:)

There was a clear, grassy space on the other side of the gate, and a dirt avenue led through a few rows of houses. There didn't seem to be many people on the street here, but a ways further down towards the river they could see some crowds. The nearest buildings seemed simple wooden things. Further in, though, they seemed to be of all shapes and styles. It certainly wasn't a big city, or even a large town, but it wasn't exactly a village, either.

"Hey Arc, do you remember what you said earlier? If this is a settlement of players like us... how long do you think they've been here to build all this?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

"Hey Arc, do you remember what you said earlier? If this is a settlement of players like us... how long do you think they've been here to build all this?"

**I remember reading something by S. M. Stirling about some people on Nantucket Island who got sent back in the past where none of their technology worked. From what I recall, they ended up perfectly fine because there were a couple hobbyist blacksmiths and carpenters and such among them. If even a few of the players had any background in this kind of stuff, it wouldn't mean they'd been in here THAT long. And that's not even counting the possibility of some class or another that can create materials or structures using magic. And at least some parts of it might have been already here. Maybe there was an NPC town or something? But if so, then the players would probably have killed them. I know at least SOME people who would do things like that in video games. Although the moral implications of killing NPCs in a game this realistic are pretty bad, there are still those who would do it. After all, they're not "REAL PEOPLE" are they? Anyways, I really have no idea.**

Arcvasti runs out of breath and pauses for a moment.

**I wonder if they have anything that would cure you. In Nethack, holy water would do the trick. Or maybe a unicorn horn. There's sure to be SOME healers in here somewhere. Although they might charge. We haven't found any money yet, so these people probably utilize a barter system. I know **I** would under these circumstances. Trading goods and... I wonder if violent crime is a problem here or if there are "NON-PvP" zones.**

Arcvasti looks up at the dome.

**hMMMM, this seems sort of familiar. The whole dome thing, that is. I'd been trying to remember what book it was that had this sort of thing. It was Borders of Infinity. Or maybe it was a short story. Whatever. in that literaturey thing, they had this prison camp within this dome thing. Actually, the two situations are pretty dissimilar. Although that IS a thought: What if this is a PRISON? The only people who'd want ME imprisoned wouldn't have the kind of money to pull something like this though. So maybe that doesn't actually help anything.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

SB turns to Arcvasti.
"D'you think you've talked enough? I don't think you've talked enough, Arc."
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SB turns to Arcvasti.
"D'you think you've talked enough? I don't think you've talked enough, Arc."

Arcvasti flushes.

**Sorry. Its probably my way of coping with all this. Or not. I remember doing that a lot BEFORE coming here too. Shutting up now.**
Spooky Signature

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"'S fine, I used to do it too."

((Is The Matrix the kind of movie you want to watch at midnight?))
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman laughs awkwardly. "Well, I for one feel like talking. You really appreciate things when you loose the ability to do them."

"I don't think money is an object for whoever set this place up. I've been talking with a duck with my mind for the past hour or so, as a werewolf. To say the least there's something really weird going on here. As for the dome thing, it kinda reminds me of the Hunger Games, but then again I haven't read the things you've mentioned. It's certainly beyond current technology, especially if this whole place is underground."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"'S fine, I used to do it too."

((Is The Matrix the kind of movie you want to watch at midnight?))

[[Aside from a bit of squick in the first 20 minutes, its not that horroresque. This from a person who just spent the past hour freaking out over hos disturbing SCPs were.]]

HugoLuman laughs awkwardly. "Well, I for one feel like talking. You really appreciate things when you loose the ability to do them."

"I don't think money is an object for whoever set this place up. I've been talking with a duck with my mind for the past hour or so, as a werewolf. To say the least there's something really weird going on here. As for the dome thing, it kinda reminds me of the Hunger Games, but then again I haven't read the things you've mentioned. It's certainly beyond current technology, especially if this whole place is underground."

**I was leaning towards this whole place being a simulation. But this all being underground makes sense. In any case, we should probably find a market or someplace we can get the werewolf curse cured. Or at least controlled in some way.**
Spooky Signature

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I meant, like, because it's on and you don't have anything else to do (re: it's midnight here).))
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, I don't really think I'd ever attack you guys, but more control would be nice. Ouch!" He hopped for a few seconds. "Some new shoes would be good, too."

He fell back to Zanzetkuken, who was lagging behind somewhat, and whispered. "Maybe we'll also find someone who knows about your thing."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(What's with this game and 2-week stops?)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(What's with this game and 2-week stops?)

(I know I've been busy with stuff.  Going to be so from the 17th to the 26th as well.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

"..."

Propman stood in the shade, seemingly unnoticed by everybody, including the rest of the idle Bay 12ers whom seemed to be minimally responsive. He blinked a few times, struggling to remember what had happened in spite of the fact that most of the events that transpired before his very eyes. The duck joining the group, venturing into a strange underground village that smelled of manure and logically shouldn't be self-sustaining (unless there was a distant farm room that was out of sight), Hugo's curse wearing out for the time being, the lady with the shotgun, and the discussions being held by his compatriots regarding the nature of the...dungeon, for lack of a better term.

He adjusted his hat and straightened out his coat, using his spear as a walking stick while checking to see the head was still fastened into place.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:51:43 am by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh hey, pirate man! You've been hanging back. You alright?"

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

A bit jolted by the sudden shift of attention, Propman turned to face the rest of the part and attempted to regain his composure. His messenger bag nearly slipped loose from his shoulder, requiring him to take a moment to adjust it before it fell to his knees.

"Er, yes, uh, quite fine sir, if I say so myself!"

He removed his hat for a moment in order to vent out all the heat that built up on his head from the earlier spelunking, fanning it out before replacing it on his somewhat matted hair.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, you just seemed spacy for a while there. And were going a bit slow..." HugoLuman looked at the ground for a second, checking for more sharp pebbles lying in ambush. "So, sorry about the scare earlier. What do you make of this town?"
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67