Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

1) How should combat work?  2) How should spawning work?

#1 Realistic (ex. stab in the gut is a stab in the gut)
- 28 (31.1%)
#1 Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage)
- 5 (5.6%)
#1 Comical Statistics (ex. stab in the gut deals 75 damage plus has a 75 appear above your head for a few seconds)
- 18 (20%)
#2 Respawn part is done.
- 9 (10%)
#2 Poll has not been reset so combat can continue.
- 11 (12.2%)
#2 However, drop your second vote down here to be fair to early voters for combat.
- 19 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 67

Author Topic: If Forumites were stuck in an RPG... (Act 1: The Adventure Begins...)  (Read 54031 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

SB pulls the trigger on his rifle, and without a sound, nothing at all happens.

"Fuck! Safety was on."

He turns off said safety and actually shoots the oni in the head.

(You write what happens in the combat based on your abilities.  If you want to be as unbiased as possible, make your own roll system then write the result.)

(Also, in future rooms, please keep the enemies difficulty and your own combat realistic.  We aren't invincible juggernauts, but I think there was a little too much ease in beating the first enemies, and quite a bit too much ease with the werewolves, though that is just my opinion.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(Well, it is only an airsoft, so it makes sense that the oni would shrug off a headshot. If that was a real gun, and it didn't scratch it, we'd all be pretty fucked.))
(I'd say the werewolves were too easy, and I figured in real life we'd all have gotten mauled at least as badly as me, if not killed))

HugoLuman saw his chance: with the creature facing away from him, he dashed into the room and chopped it in the back of the knee.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

He does indeed cock the rifle and takes aim again, this time firing for his approximation of where its heart is (upper chest area).

[ 5 (ROLL, d10) + 10 (ACCURACY stat) = 15 (DAMAGE)]
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(How much damage can an airsoft do to such a large creature? Wouldn't it be better to aim for soft parts, like the eyes?)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

((The first enemies were literally the second weakest enemy in the game not counting ones that are mostly only deadly in certain situations. That WAS realistic.))
((And I hope people are okay with me actually rolling the combat for them. Seems just a bit more fair.))

The poke in the knee again distracts the Oni. This time however he can raise his metal club before he is attacked again. This time receiving a nasty slash to the back from Kyle and having it's leg... (43) a powerful slash nearly removing the offending limb.

(25) Surprisingly the pellet makes a neat hole in the Oni. It seems to feel it as it begins swaying. Or maybe that was the other two wounds that are gushing blood.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

((And I hope people are okay with me actually rolling the combat for them. Seems just a bit more fair.))

[[Maybe it can be the room discoverer's privilege in future? I'm OK with it, personally.]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'd prefer to roll for it myself, actually. I'm mostly using Arena mode in DF, a couple of reference tables, and some intuition to gauge my damage))

HugoLuman was surprised how deeply the axe had cut throw the back of the knee, but not surprised enough to miss pulling the hatchet out before the giant fell over from the leg wound.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((I'd say the werewolves were too easy, and I figured in real life we'd all have gotten mauled at least as badly as me, if not killed))

(Well, one of us was killed...but yeah, everyone should have gotten a few scars...)

[[Maybe it can be the room discoverer's privilege in future? I'm OK with it, personally.]]
((I'd prefer to roll for it myself, actually. I'm mostly using Arena mode in DF, a couple of reference tables, and some intuition to gauge my damage))

HugoLuman was surprised how deeply the axe had cut throw the back of the knee, but not surprised enough to miss pulling the hatchet out before the giant fell over from the leg wound.

(How about 'if the person wants a roll, they can have someone else make the roll, and they write based off of the result.  If a person doesn't want to have their's rolled, or states they want to do it themselves, they don't have to be rolled for.')

Edit: (I should note: When you come back, I won't be in the starting room.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I agree that the first ones were exactly the right difficulty, given the source material. In fact, I'm surprised that they managed to inflict a large chest wound on someone. They're only really a threat in BOI because the protagonist is an (initially) naked, unarmed child.)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SB reloads his rifle again and aims once more at the oni.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I will admit I would prefer to roll if only so I can make sure that things go the way I think I should with a particular enemy but I will not impose it you wish to roll your own.))

The oni falls down blood starting to pool around it. However it starts trying to crawl towards a bottle of what appears to be sake. A coup de grace symbol appears above it's body. No you do not know how you know what the symbol means but you don't question it very much.

Kyle seems to ignore it for the most part and instead grabs a bottle of sake from a shelf and starts drinking.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman takes the opportunity to chop it in the neck, and again, and again, until it finally exhales and stops moving. "Once again, I feel we got lucky here. Can we please, next time, just- are you drinking?"
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:47:43 pm by HugoLuman »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'd try some, but I'm kind of thirteen, so..."
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle turns to Hugo.
"Yes. I am. I feel that this situation is deserving of being somewhat inebriated."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Fine. You know what? I don't care. Go ahead. I'll indulge myself." HugoLuman swung his shilleleigh into a nearby rack of sake, smashing several bottles.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 67