Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Welcome to PKA!: Sandsurfing  (Read 17130 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to PKA!: Need Players!
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2014, 03:42:50 am »

You would he correct in the assumption that it's in the middle of the desert.
As for people, they're basically people who don't support either side, and support him instead.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2014, 03:43:27 am »

Just sneaking away from former home in "Glorious Machine Republic of Progressivestan; small island chain quite near the desert mainland" after stealthily returning in secret to loot a bunch of stuff after being tossed out because pyromancer.
The first turn is literally going to be "oh hey what's thi- oh I'm on fire" and Goug are too nice to ever just straight throw you out or even be wary of you or your power at all.
I suppose I should clarify: Leeroy is basically the stereotypical Xbox Live Kid, only now he can make fire. Hilarity ensued.
Oh well, if we're just getting the ability in Turn One... He snuck out because they're boring and he wants to go shoot some noob barbarians or something.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2014, 03:52:18 am »

Ok, so you want me to add that part about why I got abducted?
Only if you want. My only concern as GM is removing everything that clashes with the world I've got.

You would he correct in the assumption that it's in the middle of the desert.
As for people, they're basically people who don't support either side, and support him instead.
Can do.

I suppose I should clarify: Leeroy is basically the stereotypical Xbox Live Kid, only now he can make fire. Hilarity ensued.
Oh well, if we're just getting the ability in Turn One... He snuck out because they're boring and he wants to go shoot some noob barbarians or something.
Video games aren't a thing, but also, if you'll allow me to be frank, that sounds like it's shaping up to be an extremely boring character. The gag in the name is also not very subtle.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2014, 03:56:25 am »

Ok, so you want me to add that part about why I got abducted?
Only if you want. My only concern as GM is removing everything that clashes with the world I've got.
Cool, so my character is done right?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2014, 04:09:29 am »

Yah.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2014, 05:33:59 am »

Video games aren't a thing, but also, if you'll allow me to be frank, that sounds like it's shaping up to be an extremely boring character. The gag in the name is also not very subtle.
*Shrug*
I was kind of looking forwards to the challenge of making the character as obnoxious as possible without breaking forum rules, party cohesion (if that turns out to be a thing here) or my shift key, but if you'd rather I didn't, that works too.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2014, 06:12:02 am »

Cavendish is their name, Cavalier is their nickname/callsign/whatever-it-is-when-the-alternative-is-as-long-as-the-normal, Cav is short for both or either. So I referred to the same person three times with three different names, because I was in a fell mood or something...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2014, 10:27:28 am »

Alright, I changed my bio a little. Everything should be in order.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2014, 10:40:11 am »

Tweaking my bio a bit.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2014, 12:39:28 pm »

Everyone looks good! Time to pick the top 4! c:

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Welcome to PKA!: Water-Nazis and Sand Lasers!
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2014, 09:50:54 pm »

Le final decision! It's ordered by rank and there's a short reason behind each.

Spoiler: UltraValican (click to show/hide)
The gloves made the character for me. Flame punches all day!

Spoiler: ttlovepie (click to show/hide)
Good motive and it leaves room for some killer backstory.

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)
10/10 would hover again.

Spoiler: kj1225 (click to show/hide)
Hellhounds are great. It's just a great idea. The idea of it having parents is weird to me though and I wish it had been left ambiguous.

---

Spoiler: GiglameshDespair (click to show/hide)
The suit is interesting, but doesn't seem practical. Not to mention she sounds like she's already in a pretty nuts situation, but now she's gone pyromagical as well?! More a fault of my personal taste than anything, the character itself seems great. Lizardpeople are dope.

Spoiler: New Guy (click to show/hide)
An insane guy with a bad temper is par for the course on Bay12. Not a bad character, but certainly cliché.

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
The descriptions are great, but the character doesn't seem to fit the setting whatsoever, even with the circumstances changed.

Spoiler: BlitzDungeoneer (click to show/hide)
I want to see people cleaved by a giant sword! But he has no story to him so BOO! HISS!

Spoiler: Harbingerjm (click to show/hide)
There's nothing to this character at all.

What's that? When is game start? Soon!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2014, 02:26:59 am »

Aaaaah *tweak* the pressure *tweak*.

P.S.
 Only you can prevent double-posting.

P.P.S.
 Nobody actually cares about double posting, it is one of those things that folk discourage in theory, but in practise they barely even notice.

P.P.P.S.
 AAAAAAAAARGH.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2014, 12:39:27 pm »

Damn.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2014, 11:09:24 pm »

Lugh Sonken
You were in your apartment back at the coast town of Frel. Now you're strung to a pole in the midst of a group of five hungry looking men. The largest one, so large in fact that he's carrying three slugshot long guns hung by his belt with their barrels only reaching just past his knees, bends down and speaks up. Looks like this is the end of you Sonken, and your stinking bloodline. He grabs your entire head between three of his fingers. Soon as we get you to Dio, it'll all be over. We'll get paid, and your elusive skull will be just another mount on his wall! His cronies laugh uproariously. You feel something hot between your fingers. What is that? Oi, what's that?! He's on fire! Wot!? The big guy lets go of your head and leans over you to see. You can feel the bindings on your wrists coming loose.

Eric Mortlock
You're sitting alone at a table smack in the middle of the Khadat tavern drinking your delicious spiced mead and getting hammered. The waitress comes by and asks you if you'd like another. She's super cute and she looks totally impressed by your radical arsenal of guns and quarterstaff because fuck knives. Everyone else in the place generally seems to be having a good time and there's lots of singing and laughing.

Cavendish "Boss the Cavalier" Wales
The Cavaliers are out somewhere in the desert. The Great Ymr's dunes tower and roll,  and those men who aren't inside the Earl are spread out around it, sweating and sighing and smoking underneath the assault of the brutal midday heat. You're sitting in your quarters reading a magazine when a Cav walks in. Hey, Boss. He removes his yellow patrol cap, the only standard garb for all the Cavaliers, and sits down. He reaches into his shirt pocket and removes a pack of cigarettes. Must be a hot read. You notice that the magazine is on fire. It hurts, but strangely it does not burn your skin.

Kyle "Same Fucking Name" Johnson
The moon is out, and you're prone atop a dune half a mile away from a Sieg encampment located on the edge of the Focil Big Ocean. You've been tracking the Major since you took on his war convoy solo three months ago and left it a single smoking wreck somewhere on the edge of the Delradi Wastes. You've still got the heavy laser you tore from his best lieutenant Dorcas' cold, severed hands. You adjust the straps on your ammo webbing, specially made by a Goug not to flash burn on contact with your super hot skin. Not that you need to worry about exposure being part hellhound. You lower the GLINT from your eyes and roll over to stow it in one of your chest pouches. Your right hand suddenly feels very hot, which is strange, being a being made of lava. You look at it. Nothing seems to be different, but the burning sensation only intensifies. It's starting to become very painful.

Health - Hooman
Alright!

Stuff - Ratty Emblematic Leather Jacket, Old Jeans, Grimy Shades, Family Cestus
Reddish Spice [valuable hallucinogenic powder; handful]

Power
Hot Touch

---

Health - Sub Elf
Lookin' Good!

Stuff - Kevlar Body Armor
Spicy Mead [highly alcoholic]
Big Revolve Stubber [5/5]
Sluggish Auto Repeater [10/10]
Superheat Rod [lostech quarterstaff; while active can melt through metal]
Big Slugs [5x]
Repeater Slugs [20x]

Power
? ? ?

---

Health - Hooman
A-Okay!
Reinforced Skeleton
No Wrinkles!
Cavalier Boss

Stuff - Cavalier Bossman Long Coat, Cavalier Bossman Kepi
Cavalier Bossman Proton Cutlass

The Grey Earl - Range:Infinite Load:Massive
[5x] 200MJ A/G Automated Defence Lasers
[1x] 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000MJ The Backdown Proto Destructor Beam
Dated Laser Rifle [∞]
Dated Laser Pistol [∞]
Carboxyde Cartridges [∞]
Scrap Alloy [∞]

Buddies
1000 Cavalier Cav Desert Militants [battle tested]

Power
Hot Touch

---

Spoiler: Kyle Johnson - kj1225 (click to show/hide)
Health - Bastard Hellhound
Made of Lava!
Right hand burns!

Stuff - Heatproof Combat Webbing, Heatproof Gloves
GLINT Spot/Motion Binoculars
Precision Shoulder Laser [1000/1000]
Carboxyde Superheavy Cartridges [1x]
Hi-Ex Self-Propelled Disc [5x; thrown]

Power
Hot Touch
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:25:37 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2014, 11:14:25 pm »

"Fuck!"
Kyle takes off the glove quickly and looks at his hand.

((HEY! It's difficult using a new name every game when you've been playing a character with that name for about two years.))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16