Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 84

Author Topic: Hephaestus No Longer Exists: Crater thread.  (Read 188507 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus Techland: Big Brother is Watching
« Reply #495 on: August 29, 2014, 05:34:37 pm »

Nothing, after putting myself in here.
And very well. I assume you've put a restrictor on me somehow.

Transform into a human, average height and proportions, with a plain unremarkable face and body structure, hair, etc.

If I may at some point acquire biomass so I can grow to the correct size for a human, I would be grateful.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 06:06:23 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 29, 2014, 05:59:21 pm »

((Remember, there's three robobodies aside from Simus- I brought two extra aux bodies, armed with flamethrowers.  Very ready to be aimed at you.))

The robobody at the front of the trio speaks when Xan notices him "My name is Saint.  I performed, the operation on you."

After Xan creates a full human body he asks a question "Will you be leaving a second clone here, for safekeeping in case you die again?"

((Edited because Simus is dealing with food.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 29, 2014, 06:03:20 pm »

Indeed. You have the standard tracking/shock implant, as well as something of my own design - a tweaked decompensator. When I activate it, attempting to change your shape or any such activity will knock you unconscious for a few minutes and otherwise be ineffective. Of course, the same neural activity also denotes psychological attack - so while it's active, you'll simply be knocked out rather than have your mind manipulated.

Whether you leave it in when you return to the ship is not my concern - I'm sure the Doctor could extract it just as easily as it went in. Though I'm sure one could tempt you with tokens for a voluntary step-down on your power, leaving it in. And the controls in someone else's hand, maybe Miyamoto's.

As for biomass, I'd much rather not, but just enough to be of a decent stature wouldn't be out of the question, I suppose. Aresteve, if you would direct a worker to bring... raw materials for the fleshpits would do, I suppose, to the executive level?

Enable the uncompensator once XanII has assumed a decent form - at full size.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 29, 2014, 06:05:42 pm »

And yes, I will be leaving another copy here, as insurance. Will the Sword be returning at some point?

Shapeshifting post edited
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 29, 2014, 06:07:33 pm »

Quote from: Dubley Steptimus to Hephaestus command
Alright, back to the vr machines. I'll give you the data when I have it.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 29, 2014, 06:09:27 pm »

"No.  We will be sending you, along with various forms of updated equipment, on a supply ship to the Sword."  Saint pauses for a moment, then asks "Since you will be waiting for some time, would you mind me... examining how your, body functions?  It is very strange, and quite interesting."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 29, 2014, 06:10:43 pm »

For what purpose?
Sig! Onol

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 29, 2014, 06:23:34 pm »

"Scientific curiosity.  You are a truly unique being, having human consciousness yet... such, perfection of form.  What you are capable of doing with flesh in mere seconds or minutes is something our understanding of science cannot replicate.  I do not intend to harm you, of course- I simply wish to understand you."

Quote from: Private robobrain text to Simus
What if we could replicate his abilities, with much more control of course, in our fleshpits?  Rather than taking days or weeks to grow something, we could churn out sods as fast as we could supply physical material.  That would go very far towards matching the gap in manpower between us and the UWM.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 29, 2014, 06:24:50 pm »

Allow me some time to consider this, if you would.
Sig! Onol

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 29, 2014, 07:07:43 pm »

"Of course.  Thank you for considering it."

If I end up being needed for anything, ignore the below spoiler.  Otherwise, it seems my business with Xan is mostly wrapped up, so I'll leave the replication and feeding of Xan to Simus and head back to Tinker.

Spoiler: Tinker things (click to show/hide)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 29, 2014, 07:14:47 pm »

((Effectively, yes. The other tests were to see if the latency from having the sod brain remotely perform those functions nearby was low enough to work, so that rather than having to mount one of them to someone, an entire squad could share one.

I'd presume that the system is far from perfect seeing as it would take a bit of time for the sod to take control, not to mention that it would just kill without knowing whether or not doing so would affect the mission. Along with the usual issues of unfamiliar situations hampering it.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 29, 2014, 07:57:58 pm »

Quote from:  Private text back to Saint
You could ask the Doctor directly. Also, I am somewhat concerned about the safety of doing such.

Take the MCP-I suit and reinforce the chest with the same fabric that the Civic Defender's longcoat and add the auto-medical equipment into the pack (including a small tank of that regenerative fluid), and an iris on the helmet set to activate on massive body trauma. Given mass-production, what would this cost the Sword people?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 29, 2014, 09:10:29 pm »

Quote from: Private text to Simus
I could.  I'm not sure I'd get an answer, and if I did, I'm not sure if it would be in a form that is useful, or possible for us to replicate.  I might as well, I suppose- he should be far enough away that questions are safe.  Anyways, Xan can form sentient nervous tissue, to a remarkable degree of complexity.  We might not even be able to create an organism that can mimic Xan, but it can.  Beyond that all that, I like to examine things with my own hands, even if technically they aren't my actual hands.

As far as danger... That is true.  I intend to conduct any tests in a sealed containment chamber, through a remote body.  Preferably with flamethrowers ready outside.  Do you think we could modify a chamber with some form of radiation bath, to kill it if it turns dangerous?

On a different topic, what are we going to do with Xan while we wait for Anton to finish the supply ship?  Where are we keeping him?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 31, 2014, 11:03:27 am »

Anton Chernozorov

Yes, one is a rifle-like weapon for regular people, the other is a CutLas-like weapon for exosuits and battlesuits. More in the description below.

((Okay, so here's a little novel I wrote about what makes up the FEL. As far as I know PW okayed the general principle of the weapon, the only questions are those of exact ingame functions and balancing.

((Wall of text warning. No pictures this time, sorry. I was/am busy. Tell me if you need further clarifications.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 01, 2014, 07:58:15 am »

Bifrost?

I submit that this be named by how I accidentally read this...

The Brofist.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 84