Unused

Ignore
- 0 (0%)
This
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 02:49:54 am

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD  (Read 103439 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD
« Reply #615 on: December 17, 2014, 04:35:56 pm »

"Copy that boss."
Look for the chip while waiting for the colossus to get out of the way.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 17, 2014, 05:21:58 pm »

Okay. I'll try to steal my kill from both of you.

Dragons are infamous for their longevity and recuperative powers. So, I attempt to survive long enough for natural recuperation to kick in.

If wound is fatal, no actions of mine (barring incinerating my own throat which is suicidal) would save my life. If it's not... Then, either blood loss (untreatable by myself) or suffocation (which depends on the roll anyway).
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 17, 2014, 06:08:20 pm »

Turn 33

Update Music.

( Don't forget to put what you level up; read the previous turn's info text for details. )

Rune panics. He slams his open palms onto his head, leaving a slight dent, and quickly peers around for anything that mid slow or stop the bleeding. If he finds something, he immediately barrels over, decimating everything in his path, and grabs it, before moving gently towards his pet. He hands it to his pet, hoping it will know what to do with this.

If such an item cannot be found, Rune picks up Sarvex, and desperately tries to use any sort of heat source in his body to cauterize the wound, excluding the laser. If possible, release a bit of steam over the wound to kill bacteria and cauterize it. If all else fails, the dragon is obviously dying, and is in much pain, close my eyes, aim my laser at its head, and put the poor creature out of its pain.

Okay. I'll try to steal my kill from both of you.

Dragons are infamous for their longevity and recuperative powers. So, I attempt to survive long enough for natural recuperation to kick in.

If wound is fatal, no actions of mine (barring incinerating my own throat which is suicidal) would save my life. If it's not... Then, either blood loss (untreatable by myself) or suffocation (which depends on the roll anyway).

Sarvex Endurance: [2 + 3(STR) - 3(Fatal Wound)] = 2

As Sarvex's lifeforce begins to fade, oil appears to start dripping from Rune's eyes. He frantically starts shaking his head, slamming his palm into his forehead, leaving a dent. He looks around urgently for something to aid his...friend. PERCEPTION: [4 - 2(Size)] = 2
Failing to find anything, Rune attempts to cauterize the wound using steam. FINESSE: [4 - 1(DEX)] = 3
Sarvex's (already badly burned) entire body is enveloped in murderously hot steam, and his skin is all but removed. His wound was cauterized...but he will certainly not survive having his flesh melted off his bones. Rune sadly puts the half-dragon out of his misery. Sarvex has died.
As he dies, you can barely make out his last words: "Going...home."

"Copy that boss."
Look for the chip while waiting for the colossus to get out of the way.

You look for the chip. PERCEPTION: [5] = 5
As US-2497 drags the body of Jack away, you search for his ch-is that a glint? You see something in the mud, and stoop over to pick it up. It appears to be US-2947's rage inhibitor; it came out during the chaos. It appears to be heavily damaged.

Go towards bronze colossas

You head toward the bronze colossus, and are now at its feet. It appears to be doing something to a creature in its hands.

US-2497 found that it quite liked being without a rage inhibitor-- now it could focus solely on revenge without being distracted by higher thought processes.  And apparently it also had access to more explicit, angrier language to boot, though it found its use of such language was largely involuntary.. 

It briefly considered that this might be a problem, that perhaps the inhibitor chip was installed for more than just shackling purposes, but then its CPU was flooded with delicious rage and it forgot whatever protests it may have had.

"ALRIGHT, THIS UNIT IS RETURNING TO THE MEGAMART WITH THE A**HOLE WE JUST INCAPACITATED.  THIS UNIT HAS SOMETHING SPECIAL PREPARED FOR THIS FU*KER.  GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR MISSION OF OBTAINING BRAINWASHING MATERIALS.  HE'LL BE KEPT... COMFORTABLE FOR YOU.  THIS UNIT WILL BE WAITING FOR YOUR RETURN AT THE MART WHERE IT WILL BE REBUILDING THE WHOLE GODDAMN ARMY."

US-2497 drags the thief back to the Swiffer Megamart and securely ties it up.  It asks the central computer there to order 100 new Swifferbots from HQ.  If manufacturing occurs in the mart, it asks it to produce as many models as possible as well.  It's time to ramp things up.

US-2497 drag Jack back to the Swiffer Megamart, and ties him up (roll). CHARISMA: [5] = 5
The projected image that represents the central computer shrugs, "Alright, I'll order the construction of a dozen robots, since we lost a few. Swiffer will probably investigate it, though."

Silently exit the shop and make my way through the pile of rubble town square, then head for the nearest undamaged building with my companions.

Follow Erizen, keeping an eye on our surroundings.

The party leaves the shop, and makes their way to the town square, on the edge of which the colossus is standing. He's destroyed the buildings on three sides of the square, but the apartments are still (mostly) standing. The group heads there. PERCEPTION: [4 + 1(Perception)] = 5
Nate sees the colossus on their left, holding some sort of creature. A man is at the feet of it. A dragon can also be spotted in the distance a bitaways.

Seek a hospital, if found, look for a suitable kit for self-surgery.

You look around for a hospital. PERCEPTION: [6] = 6
You can make out a large red cross on the other side of the cube, and discretely make your way towards it. You make your way to the door by the end of the turn.

U should of seen the competition... i know i wanted to give u the blood of my enemies... i just needed more power... and less robots so there was actually blood... heh heh
see how this unfolds and accept whatever contract comes up so i can return and slaughter with glee

You hope for the best. LUCK: [3] = 3
You feel a wrenching pain in your head and the world goes dark. Suddenly, however, the lights turn back on...you can see so clearly now!  What the hell did that figure do?! "I will sustain myself off of your lifeforce for now. Better get stabbing." You wake up to find yourself tied to a chair. Voices can be heard, but you can't make them out too clearly; in fact, EVERYTHING sounds strange. The only thing you can hear is the voices...so many voices!

(Is healing magic a thing I can spend my level on?)
Look around, slowly. Try to figure out why you spaced out.

You suddenly snap to attention...did you pass out? Crap, you don't remember. Anywhere, you're in a small hovel. There is no sign of loot or life inside.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:35:15 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 17, 2014, 06:44:00 pm »

Sit down a while, weeping away my sorrow, holding my dead pet's body. After a while, activate the eye-wipers, stand up, and fire a huge laser blast at the ground a decent hundred meters away or so, fueling the blast with my rage. Put the dragon's body in the crater, then start shoveling dirt in on top of it.

Rest in peace.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 17, 2014, 07:39:58 pm »

Rest in peace.
Thanks! It was fun.

IcyTea? See you next time! Good luck.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 17, 2014, 07:53:11 pm »

Rest in peace.
Thanks! It was fun.

IcyTea? See you next time! Good luck.
It was very fun, and I enjoyed your brief presence as my ally. Oh, but the time was too short.

IcyTea? Who? Oh, you mean that smoking crater my Bronze Colossus is about to make whilst in full on rage mode? Heheheh...
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 18, 2014, 12:24:49 am »

Explore the hospital.

((Good game, good game. With GM permission, maybe you could rejoin as a different character?))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 18, 2014, 12:28:51 am »

Explore the hospital.

((Good game, good game. With GM permission, maybe you could rejoin as a different character?))

(( Of course, he can make another character and be added to the waitlist. I figure the waitlist will be spawned in soon probably maybe. ))

tjmaxx999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 18, 2014, 02:30:46 am »

Keep an eye on the colossus, dragon, and man.

Tagerian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 19, 2014, 01:19:01 am »

oh hey its the place i looted... FUCK that explains a lot
Looks like i'm either going to try and escape when no ones looking... or wait for captor to show himself... i'm gonna leave now

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 19, 2014, 07:51:20 pm »

Do a quick assessment to see if, given the right mats, I could fix it or if it needs to be replaced fully.

blazing glory

« Reply #626 on: December 19, 2014, 08:02:08 pm »

((Anyway is there a particular reason why my waitlist stats are 0 0 0?

Nunzillor

« Reply #627 on: December 19, 2014, 09:38:07 pm »

"GOOD.  LET THEM COME."  Soon US-2497 would bring its rage upon the city.  It could feel it building, the pressure growing, wonderful anger mounting.

Wait for creation of the Swifferbots.  Take remaining models and ensure that the prisoner is still unconscious.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:13:03 am by Nunzillor »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 19, 2014, 09:59:25 pm »

((Anyway is there a particular reason why my waitlist stats are 0 0 0?

(( That's just how ya rolled. Keep in mind I haven't added in racial stats yet. ))

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 29, 2014, 09:30:31 pm »

Turn 34

Update Music.

PROTIP: Choose one thing you want to level up in if you have not since I said to IN YOUR ACTON; you can also save the level in order to level up something you already have a rank in.

(( Sorry for the long delay, was on vacation. ))

Sit down a while, weeping away my sorrow, holding my dead pet's body. After a while, activate the eye-wipers, stand up, and fire a huge laser blast at the ground a decent hundred meters away or so, fueling the blast with my rage. Put the dragon's body in the crater, then start shoveling dirt in on top of it.

Rest in peace.

Filled with rage, you override your arm-weapons control chip, surging as much power as you can into a single shot. ARM-WEAPON: [5 x 2(Override)] = 10, AIM: [5/2(Override)] = 2.
You feel your entire body shrieking at you, urging you to control your power usage. You pour your energy into a shot, and fire it across the dome, creating a massive crater where the town square was. You lie Sarvex's body in it and begin to fill it with dirt. Alex watches all of this go down.

Do a quick assessment to see if, given the right mats, I could fix it or if it needs to be replaced fully.

( Don't forget to bold, please. )

You examine the chip to assess whether you could fix it. ELECTRONICS: [3 + 2(IQ) + 1(Tinkering) - 1(Untrained)] = 5, LUCK: [6] = 6
Huh, it doesn't even appear to be that damaged. You quickly fix it using your ability to tinker.

"GOOD.  LET THEM COME."  Soon US-2497 would bring its rage upon the city.  It could feel it building, the pressure growing, wonderful anger mounting.

Wait for creation of the Swifferbots.  Take remaining models and ensure that the prisoner is still unconscious.

Swifferbot Assembly Progress: 5
The refinery boots up, and the image representing the central computer vanishes. You gather the remaining models and check on the prisoner. (See: Tagerian's action)

Look for other people in the building, start knocking on doors if there isn't anyone in sight.

Keep an eye on the colossus, dragon, and man.

Nate watches as the collosus aims his cannon toward the Square. LUCK: [3] = 3
!The party is in the blast radius! REFLEX: [6 + 1(DEX)] = 7; OVERSHOT
Nate interrupts Erizen's search by barreling into him and pushing everyone into a window, shattering it and rolling into the room. The heat and sound of a massive explosion can be heard right outside.

Explore the hospital.

You explore the empty hospital, searching for items of use. LOOTING: [6 + 3(Loot Value, Cap 8 )] = 8
You slip into the vents, and through this manage to find and enter the hospital's medicine cabinet. The shelves are lined with medicine, bandages, and tools. Perfect.

oh hey its the place i looted... FUCK that explains a lot
Looks like i'm either going to try and escape when no ones looking... or wait for captor to show himself... i'm gonna leave now

You look around for your captor; he appears to be occupied somewhere else...for now. Should make the best of this opportunity. ESCAPE ARTIST: [4 + 2(STR or DEX)] = 6
The ropes weren't too well-tied, and you easily burst out of them. You sprint for the exit. RUNNING: [3 - 1(Injuries)] = 2
It's a struggle to run, but you make it to the exit; it appears to be the one you came from (not the one you left through). You can even see a few people dive into a window down the stree-jesus holy christ an explosion! Loud robotic voices can be heard from behind, demanding that you halt. Welp, only one way to go...

US-2497: when you go to where you left the prisoner, all you find is a pile of ropes. You look up at the sound of an explosion, and see the prisoner at the exit. You shout at him to halt.

(( Yourmaster, Wade Wilson, and BlitzDungeoneering failed to post. ))
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51