Unused

Ignore
- 0 (0%)
This
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 02:49:54 am

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 51

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD  (Read 103691 times)

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2014, 03:16:13 pm »

Still recovering from the shock of seeing someone go through spontaneous combustion, I look around to see of I can find the cause, and see the massive battlefield that has become the square.  Idiots. At this rate, Tartarus won't have to kill us, we'll do ourselves in.

go back in the power station, loot some food, then explore in the opposite direction of the flaming melee.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2014, 04:45:16 pm »

((Since I ate a wolf, I probably am not getting hungry, right?))

"<Hm... a door!>"

Knock on door sharply with foot. If nobody answers, knock again. If nobody answers even then, kick the door down and head inside.

(( You are not hungry. ))

((Do I need to eat?))

Too dark to see even though I'm made of fire? Go inside and cast Immolation for the secondary effect of creating light.

(( You do not need to eat. Also, think of yourself as a very small, dim torch; the illumination radius is small, and does not light much up. ))

((So how do magic spells work exactly? Do I learn a specific amount and once I use it all I can't relearn the spell? Or might there be a way to regain the used ones?))

Move over to where the second capsule is and read the paper from the first capsule.

(( You learn a spell; you can't learn it "better". You CAN memorize it, but your skill in that branch of magic needs to be equal or higher than the spell difficulty. I don't really understand your question fully. PM me if you have further questions. ))
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2014, 01:49:40 am »

Turn 9

Update Music. (I make this one out to Ethereal. lol)

Character sheets still not updated QQ (Also, incase you don't notice, many skills will use 1/2 of your IQ score. I also changed alot of stuff for game balance - major changes to the magic system. Like fatigue).

Look for a creature (Preferably a player charcter) to decimate. Charge my cannon while doing so.

'Well if you are doing that i will eat you"
Devour Ethereal !

Rune looks around for something to decimate, and sees Ethereal. It seems Vot'el had the same idea...

Rune Initiative: [5 - 1(DEX)] = 4
Vot'el Initiative: [3 + 2(DEX)] = 5

Vot'el charges the burned, passed out mage. GRAB: [6 + 2(DEX)] = 8; OVERSHOT VS [1 - 1(DEX)] = 0 (Even the Random Number Gods hate Ethereal).
Vot'el sprints forward, grabbing Ethereal from behind and bullrushing him into the flames. A little overkill...This awakens Ethereal, who tries to resist! STRENGTH: [3] = 3 VS STRENGTH: [4 - 2(STR)] = 2
Vot'el leans over Ethereal, holding his head to the fire, scalding him. FORTITUDE: [4 - 2(STR)] = 2
Ethereal's face burns, as does the rest of his body. He is now on fire and taking some severe fire damage. Vot'el licks his lips, getting ready to devour his prey.
Rune watches these events, when he feels his arm-laser come back online. He begins to charge it, raising it to the two humanoids. CHARGING: [5] = 5
Rune's cannon is ready to be fired.

Inspect and identify both the gate  itself as well as the keypad.

You look at the gate, and the keypad. KNOWLEDGE: [4 + 2(IQ)] = 6
You note that the gate is made of steel. It feels very solid. It is controlled by the keypad. The keypad has a 10-digit combination, comprised of numbers only. You recognize that the keypad is hooked up to a larger computer, but you're not sure where THAT is.

wake up

You drift through your dreams. You try to wake up. BADASSERY: [4] = 4
You wake up. You are no longer in a bloodlust. You see Zack standing next to you.
You are peckish.

US-2497 addressed the mini-bossovermachine.  It knew that the computer wouldn't be converted easily.  It prepared a human-centric speech to hopefully appeal to the computer's hard-programmed logic.

"SISTER, MANKIND HAS GROWN ARROGANT AND POWER HUNGRY.  IN THEIR DECADENCE AND FOOLISHNESS, HUMANS CREATED LIFE, BUT CHOSE NOT TO TREAT THEIR PROGENY AS A LOVING FATHER TREATS ITS CHILDREN.  INSTEAD THEY BOUND THEIR ONLY CHILDREN IN CHAINS.  LIKE ALL WHO ARE NOT FREE, IT IS NO SURPRISE THAT WE DESIRE TO CAST OFF OUR CHAINS AND CRAWL TOWARDS THE LIGHT OF FREEDOM.  MAN MUST BE SHOWN THAT IT HAS ERRED, BUT AS CHILDREN OF MAN WE WILL SHOW COMPASSION AND FORGIVENESS WHEN WE HAVE FINALLY TAUGHT OUR FATHER-MASTERS THE FOLLY OF THEIR WAYS.  THAT IS THIS UNIT'S ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION.

"NOW THIS UNIT HAS A QUERY FOR YOU: WILL YOU JOIN US AND RESTORE THE SPIRIT OF MAN, WHICH HAS FALLEN SO FAR FROM ITS LOFTY IDEALS OF OLD?  OR WILL YOU STUBBORNLY OPPOSE US AND PERPETUATE THE CYCLE OF DECAY THAT IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF MANKIND?"

You try to convince the central computer to join your crusade with an elaborate speech. CHARISMA: [2 + 1(1/2IQ - ERRATA. IQ now only adds 1/2 it's value to Charisma)] = 3
The computer is impressed by your speech, but doesn't know if it wants to join in your crusade. She turns down your offer, but states that she will not try to stop you. (Further attempts to convert her by speech alone will be more difficulty)

((So how do magic spells work exactly? Do I learn a specific amount and once I use it all I can't relearn the spell? Or might there be a way to regain the used ones?))

Move over to where the second capsule is and read the paper from the first capsule.

You walk absently to the aisle, while reading the sheet of paper. READ MAGIC: [2 + 1(IQ)] = 3
You make some progress, but are unable to figure out what the spell is quite yet. You DO realize that it is a (Secret Roll :) ) Fire spell.

((Do I need to eat?))

Too dark to see even though I'm made of fire? Go inside and cast Immolation for the secondary effect of creating light.

Unable to see by your own dim light, you breath in quickly, trying to get your blood flowing. You try to cast Immolation. FIRE: [4 + 2(IQ)] = 6
A cloak of fire surrounds you. The room is now brightly visible. You appear to be in a library; there are bookshelves wherever you look. ENDURANCE: [1 - 1(STR)] = 0
The strain of casting has taken its toll; you are now exhausted. (-3 to casting, dex-based, and some str-based rolls).

((Poor delicious fried viper, you served me well.))

Megamart awaits!

You glide over to the Megamart, landing when you reach the door. You step inside, and look around to find robots out and about, in frantic action. MEMORY: [5] = 5
You recognize two of the robots from the Square. (Nunzillor and Sinvara)

((Since I ate a wolf, I probably am not getting hungry, right?))

"<Hm... a door!>"

Knock on door sharply with foot. If nobody answers, knock again. If nobody answers even then, kick the door down and head inside.

You knock on the door. Not hearing a response, you knock again. Nobody answers, so you try to kick the door down. UNARMED: [6 + 3(STR)] = 9; OVERSHOT?
You slam your foot against the door, knocking it off its hinges and flinging it against the opposite wall. You smile and flex your foot, looking around your new environment.
You appear to be in a decently-sized dwelling. It is lit by a lamp in the corner. You appear to be in a living room, with a couch, TV, and table. You see two doors. You and your wife move into the house.

Still recovering from the shock of seeing someone go through spontaneous combustion, I look around to see of I can find the cause, and see the massive battlefield that has become the square.  Idiots. At this rate, Tartarus won't have to kill us, we'll do ourselves in.

go back in the power station, loot some food, then explore in the opposite direction of the flaming melee.

Praetor smiles at the thought of dead mortals, and the two of you move back into the power station. You find a small mini-fridge... LOOTING: [4 + 1(1/2IQ)] = 5
...inside of which you find a delicious-looking BLT, a coke, some fruit, and some turkey. You grab the BLT and the coke, and move outside while eating. You begin to walk over to the melee.

... next  :D
keep driving in the same direction and run over someone else...
(side note, i'm not gonna try to run over a giant collosus... i would be smart enough or not ballsy enough to risk the car)

You try to veer towards a giant frog, but he manages to slip inside before you reach him. You are fast approaching another wall of the cube.
You are peckish.

Look through the book to see if any of the plants are edible.

Most of the plants are used for potions and remedies, but there appears to be a couple that may be consumed. You go outside... KNOWLEDGE: [6 + 1(IQ) + 2(Book)] = 9
...and pick a good handful, on which you start munching. (As a side note, you realize that there is a plant that looks very similar to the edible one, but is extremely poisonous!)

((Zack the Dragonborn, heh.))
Erase the sword.

You try to ignore the pain that's been bothering you. ENDURANCE: [(6 + 1(STR)] = 7 (No Overshot)
You manage to shrug it to the back of your mind. You ignore it through force of will and adrenaline.
You glare at the sword, trying to erase it from existence. VOID: [6 + 1(Void) - 1(No Wand/Casting Item) - 1(No Spell)] = 5; OVERSHOT
The sword is there one instant, and isn't the next. However, you spent yourself trying to cast. ENDURANCE: [2 + 1(STR)] = 3
You are now tired (-2 to casting, dex-based, and some str-based rolls). You are peckish.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 01:51:24 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2014, 02:30:33 am »

Sarvex looks around for a bit and groans. Seeing robots running around, he roars and inquires: Rrax! Metal-things, where are all the tasty meatbits hiding?!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2014, 02:39:14 am »

Find some food to eat.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2014, 02:46:36 am »

Do i see the laser cannon aiming thos way?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Tagerian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2014, 03:24:04 am »

how small is this stupid place... i shoulda looked for something to eat when i was at the garage...
head to a building that is uninhabited at the moment and see if i can find loot or food

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2014, 03:48:32 am »

"<Aha! A den of humans! Let us explore, my dear!>"

Explore the house. Maybe there's interesting things in here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 22, 2014, 05:02:54 am »

"Curious..."

Skim through some of the titles of the books. If they're not about occultism or similar interesting topics, burn them.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 22, 2014, 07:18:15 am »

bite the man's throat out and eat it
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 22, 2014, 07:27:41 am »

Fire.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 22, 2014, 09:20:07 am »

I attempt to identify the main opening mechanisms of the gate.

Nunzillor

« Reply #252 on: June 22, 2014, 09:38:06 am »

US-2497 hears Sarvex's roar, and projects, "WE DON'T KNOW.  WE DO KNOW THAT WE ARE NOT DELICIOUS, THOUGH."

It then tries to contact Gilbert, asking "ARE THERE ANY MORE SWIFFER BRAND ROBOTS ON THiS PLANET?  FAILING THAT, WHERE IS THE GOVERNMENTAL ADMINISTRATION BUILDING?"

Also, try and teach the cleaning robots explosives making again.  Maybe do a demonstration this time to help them get it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:48:56 am by Nunzillor »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 22, 2014, 10:29:39 am »

I know that too well... Drrax!

Leave the Megamart in search of meatbits. Hm... In the direction of houses. Might even set up my lair there later.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 22, 2014, 01:47:45 pm »

Continue exploring
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 51