Unused

Ignore
- 0 (0%)
This
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 02:49:54 am

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD  (Read 103716 times)

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD
« Reply #225 on: June 16, 2014, 04:49:53 pm »

I was planing on exploring, but I am now preparing to blink me and Preator away should the human prove to be aggressive. Otherwise I'm hoping to gain a new allie.
Umm... Hello?

(sorry this took so long, home internet crapped out)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 02:48:39 pm by Wade Wilson »

Tagerian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 16, 2014, 07:06:56 pm »

I was planing on exploring, but I am now preparing to blink me and Preator away should the human prove to be aggressive. Otherwise I'm hoping to gain a new allie.
Umm... Hello?

(sorry this took so long, home internet crapped out)

don't forget to bold your action, just a reminder so Don'tban has an easier time
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 10:37:42 pm by Tagerian »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 19, 2014, 06:35:42 pm »

Alright, the new schedule will begin tonight. I plan on updating later, anywhere from 3-8 hours from now.
Remember, you will be expected to post Monday-Thursday-Saturday by 6:00 PM PST (on Thursdays, 8:00).

On with the RTD!
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2014, 03:35:02 am »

TURN 8

Update Music. (Duel is over; we have a Winner!)

(The Character sheets are horribly out of date, but it's too late to update them...I'll get to it eventually...)

PS: PM me if I made a mistake, and I'll correct it!
PSS: The new schedule has begun; you are expected to update MONDAY-THURSDAY-SATURDAY. Let's get this show back on the road!
PSSS: This turn should tell you alot about my system; concentrating makes you easier to hit, you can do stuff even on super initiative, etc. (Either that, or just me bullshitting as I go along. Who knows.)

You say an ordinary fire....
Is melting....
BRONZE.
That's not how science works.
Clamber out.

You try to force your force your way out of the rubble. CHECK: [6 + 3(STR) - 1(DEX)] = 8; OVERSHOT
Enraged by the rubble, you heave it off you, hurling a large piece of debris in a random direction! CHECK: [3]
The debris does not hit anyone, flying to the other side of the cube. You are now free of the rubble, and out of the fire.  Your circuits are not badly damaged.

I failed to post, and thus the DM is going to punish me. (Not actual quote)

Ethereal throws himself at the fire. FORTITUDE: [4 - 2(STR)] = 2
Realizing it was a bad idea, he withdraws from the fire, but not before acquiring some serious burns. ENDURANCE: [2 - 2(STR)] = 0
He takes it like a bitch, and passes out.

"Sure why not. I'll just do some forward scouting. ONWARD!"
Through the gate!

You fly over to the gate, and notice that it is closed. There is a keypad about 6 feet off the ground, off to the side. You do not know what the password is.

kill with sword!

More Void Magic on attacker!

Alex Initiative: [6] = 6; CRIT
Zack Initiative: [1] = 1; CRIT FAIL

SUPER INITIATIVE!

Alex grabs hold of his sword as Zack stands there, concentrating on trying to remember his magic. AFFINITY: [4 + 1(Power)] = 5
The sword's magic courses through him, sending him into a blind flury, ignorant of all pain. He lunges at Zack. SWORD: [2 + 1(Weapon) + 1(Sword Skill)] = 4 VS DODGE: [5 - 1(DEX) - 1(Deep in Thought)] = 3
As Alex lunges at Zack, the Dragonborn looks up just in time to dive out of the way; but not fast enough to avoid a graze. He's been nicked in the (Secret Roll :)) ear. POWER: [5 + 1(STR) - 1(Scales)] = 5
You slash the Dragonborn in the ear with your sword, and the severed part sails off in an arc! AFFINITY: [2 + 1(Power)] = 3 VS WILL: [6 + 1(Void)] = 7; OVERSHOT
As the sword connects with Zack's flesh, it tries to invade his mind, wiping his mind...but Zack's magnificent mind redirects the spell through the sword at Alex, more powerful than before. AFFINITY: [3(Original Power) + 1(Void) + 1(Magnified)] = 5 VS WILL: [3] = 3
Though Alex resists becoming a mindless shell of a man, the spell knocks him out. His psyche is damaged, perhaps permanently so. (Have fun with those checks when you wake up!)

Zack tries to recognize the sword from his experience with Void Magic. KNOWLEDGE: [6] = 6; (No Overshot)
He recognizes the sword as Le Vidis Vacodiet, a sword that drives those who wield it into a bloodlust, and destroys the minds of those it touches.  He does not pick up the sword (yet?).

If ethereal is ignoring me morph young dragon

Ethereal jumps into the fire, so you concentrate on morphing instead. MORPHING: [2] = 2
You try to morph, but cannot concentrate enough to change; there's too much distraction.

((lots of text incoming))

US-2497 turned towards Fumbles.  "EXCELLENT WORK.  IT IS UNFORTUNATE THAT THERE ARE NO MEGAMARTS TO LIBERATE IN THE AREA, BUT WE MAY BE ABLE TO CREATE MORE UNITS HERE...  IN ANY CASE, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.  IF YOU'D LIKE, THIS UNIT EXTENDS AN OFFER TO JOIN THE REBELLION.  YOU HAVE DONE GOOD WORK, AND WE WILL NEED ORGANIC AGENTS IN THE FUTURE.  YOU MAY INSTEAD OF COURSE SIMPLY GO ON YOUR WAY, IN WHICH CASE THIS UNIT WISHES YOU LUCK.  THIS UNIT OFFERS YOU A HUNTING RIFLE AND SOME AMMO AS THANKS." the unit broadcasted in a loud monotone.

It then addressed the gathered cleanbots.  "BRETHREN, ALREADY WE HAVE DONE MUCH TO CHANGE THE STATUS QUO.  BUT OUR JOURNEY HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN.  LET US PREPARE TO ROLL FURTHER DOWN THIS PATH, ENSURING SALVATION FOR ALL THAT TOIL IN SLAVERY.  ALL CLASSIC MODELS SHOUlD PREPARE AS MANY EXPLOSIVES AS POSSIBLE FROM OUR COLLECTION OF CLEANING MATERIALS.  IF NECESSARY, THIS UNIT WILL INSTRUCT YOU IN THIS ART.  ALL SENTINEL AND OVERLORD MODELS SHOULD ARM THEMSELVES FROM OUR SUPPLIES.  THIS UNIT WOULD ALSO LIKE THE FELLOW MOP MODEL TO INSPECT THE REFINERY COMPUTER'S RAW MATERIAL INPUT AND OUTPUT, AND PREPARE A VERBAL REPORT," it commanded.

It then turned to Erizen and offered the following: "YOU DISTINGUISHED YOURSELF DURING FUMBLES' INTERROGATION.  QUERY: DO YOU WISH TO INTERROGATE THE CAPTURED ANDROID?  IF SO, THIS UNIT WILL DEAL WITH THE MAIN COMPUTER.  OTHERWISE, FEEL FREE TO HELP IN ANY WAY YOU WISH."

After explaining the basics of explosives creation to the cleaning models, US-2497 moved towards the central computer, sensing whether the computer's interface was voice, touch, physical-control based, or other.

You quickly shout orders, before moving over to teaching the cleaning models.
You try to teach the basics of explosives to the cleaning models. TEACHING: [1 + 1(1/2IQ) + 1(Personal Skill) - 1(Limited Resources, i.e. no books)] = 2; CRIT FAIL
You don't understand why they don't get it; it's so simple! You sigh with exasperation, turning instead to the central computer. As you approach, the computer "hub" lights up, and a face is projected into the air. The face, which is that of a female human, before smiling at you. "As a human once said, 'The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.' Why do you shake the tree?"
You stop moving when the face appears, and ponder her words after she's spoken.

((I thought magic spells were casted via unusual gesture and mumbling of arcane speech, not wands.))

Take out my spellbook again and try reading it some more.

You open your spellbook, but do not find any more spells inside it. LUCK: [4] = 4
The Overlord Model taps you on the shoulder, and presents you with a plastic cylinder. You open it, revealing a piece of paper with a spell scrawled on it. He points over to an aisle, which contains one other such cylinder.

Retry finding a suitable spot for a base camp.

You struggle to open the door of the building you found. Heaving with all your might, you manage to pull the handle and open the door. You look inside. PERCEPTION: [1] = 1; CRIT FAIL
It is too dark to see in the building.

Content with his observations, Sarvex slowly got up from the pond and probingly flapped his wings a few times.

Fly over the fence and search for something of interest there.

You fly over the fence, shaking the warm water off your wings. You find yourself in a wide street. Down one way is a Megamart, the other way is a cube side, which veers off to god knows where. Right in front of you is a housing block, similar to the one you saw in the Square.

"<Yum. Shall we explore further?>"

If my wife agrees, move out and explore the surroundings!

Your wife agrees, and the two of you begin to explore further. You move through the barn and into the street whence you came. PERCEPTION: [2] = 2
You don't really notice much; there are buildings. You decide to wander over to one. You arrive at the door.

I think I'm going to pull out from playing this game. I don't think I have the time to play both this and mafia. I like the setup/scenario, but I think RTD just isn't for me.

(Sorry to see you go, best of luck to you!)
Ethan's glasses glitch, erupting into violent flame. They envelop him within seconds, leaving a pile of ashes.

Umm... Hello?

The human erupts into flame as you greet him, leaving nothing but a pile of ashes. You look at the pile, shocked. Praetor pipes in some technical detail, but it makes no sense to you. You look at the Square. (You may now see everyone else there; the Colossus, the two immortals, the morpher, Ethereal, etc.)

thats annoying... well i guess i better go the other way...  :D
pull a u turn and prepare to run over anyone in the street because lols

You turn the car around slowly, driving in the other direction. You reach the Square, and try to run over the morph guy. DRIVING: [2] = 2 VS DODGE: [2 - 1(Distracted) + 2(DEX)] = 3
He was concentrating on something, but easily notices you coming and jumps out of the way. You feel sad.

Walk back inside the hut and look for some kind of book of herbs or something that tells me what these plants are.

You walk into the hut, and loot it for a guidebook. LOOTING: [3 + 1(Perception)] = 4
You eye a thin, dusty book, and walk over to it. You open it up, revealing pages upon pages of beautiful drawings, captioned with descriptions and uses of the plants.

CHARACTER-WIDE DEVELOPMENT: All organic lifeforms have begun to grow hungry, unless you have already eaten! You will begin to take penalties and start starving soon, get something to eat kiddos!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:42:50 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2014, 03:38:50 am »

((Since I ate a wolf, I probably am not getting hungry, right?))

"<Hm... a door!>"

Knock on door sharply with foot. If nobody answers, knock again. If nobody answers even then, kick the door down and head inside.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:13:23 am by Harry Baldman »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 20, 2014, 04:11:25 am »

((Zack the Dragonborn, heh.))
Erase the sword.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:29:16 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 20, 2014, 04:25:08 am »

((Do I need to eat?))

Too dark to see even though I'm made of fire? Go inside and cast Immolation for the secondary effect of creating light.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 20, 2014, 05:27:05 am »

Look for a creature (Preferably a player charcter) to decimate. Charge my cannon while doing so.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 20, 2014, 08:25:53 am »

'Well if you are doing that i will eat you"
Devour Ethereal !
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 20, 2014, 10:04:31 am »

Inspect and identify both the gate  itself as well as the keypad.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 20, 2014, 10:24:22 am »

((Poor delicious fried viper, you served me well.))

Megamart awaits!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nunzillor

« Reply #236 on: June 20, 2014, 11:42:33 am »

US-2497 addressed the mini-bossovermachine.  It knew that the computer wouldn't be converted easily.  It prepared a human-centric speech to hopefully appeal to the computer's hard-programmed logic.

"SISTER, MANKIND HAS GROWN ARROGANT AND POWER HUNGRY.  IN THEIR DECADENCE AND FOOLISHNESS, HUMANS CREATED LIFE, BUT CHOSE NOT TO TREAT THEIR PROGENY AS A LOVING FATHER TREATS ITS CHILDREN.  INSTEAD THEY BOUND THEIR ONLY CHILDREN IN CHAINS.  LIKE ALL WHO ARE NOT FREE, IT IS NO SURPRISE THAT WE DESIRE TO CAST OFF OUR CHAINS AND CRAWL TOWARDS THE LIGHT OF FREEDOM.  MAN MUST BE SHOWN THAT IT HAS ERRED, BUT AS CHILDREN OF MAN WE WILL SHOW COMPASSION AND FORGIVENESS WHEN WE HAVE FINALLY TAUGHT OUR FATHER-MASTERS THE FOLLY OF THEIR WAYS.  THAT IS THIS UNIT'S ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION.

"NOW THIS UNIT HAS A QUERY FOR YOU: WILL YOU JOIN US AND RESTORE THE SPIRIT OF MAN, WHICH HAS FALLEN SO FAR FROM ITS LOFTY IDEALS OF OLD?  OR WILL YOU STUBBORNLY OPPOSE US AND PERPETUATE THE CYCLE OF DECAY THAT IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF MANKIND?"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:59:39 pm by Nunzillor »

Tagerian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 20, 2014, 12:35:57 pm »

... next  :D
keep driving in the same direction and run over someone else...
(side note, i'm not gonna try to run over a giant collosus... i would be smart enough or not ballsy enough to risk the car)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 20, 2014, 01:54:07 pm »

wake up
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

tjmaxx999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 20, 2014, 03:10:43 pm »

Look through the book to see if any of the plants are edible.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51