Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.  (Read 59164 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Wow, I wonder what they did.

I'm sure it's inane and ultimately pointless! Like most DDoSings.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 06:15:26 am by Seriyu »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

So, the DDoS is going to go on until at least the 23rd. Sega has shut down the servers for at least that long to prevent data corruption etc.

So yeah. Don't bother checking until then!

And don't jump to conclusions. A lot of people are saying that this is going to result in US players being banned from the servers, as PSO-hack is an english user that's been hard at work ruining days for a long time now.

I personally find that unlikely, wait until the servers come back up to start speculating.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile

PSO2 was my go-to-game lately this is kind of lame. What will you guys and gals be doing this pso2-less weekend?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Updating WoT  so depending on how much I actually get back into that you guys might not see me for weeks. Who knows.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile

well, planetside 1 went FTP, and its requirements are low enough that anyone that can run this can probably run it.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139537.0

Supposedly the servers are nearly empty because of course Sony neglected to really tell anyone they made it free. I might give it a go while PSO is down though.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PSO2 was my go-to-game lately this is kind of lame. What will you guys and gals be doing this pso2-less weekend?
Actually I think I'll play me some DF. Haven't done so in quite a while, should be fun.

Also this
well, planetside 1 went FTP

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile

Game is still down but lurking around for updates.

Jet boots will be T-atk. Some PA will use S-atk like Kamikaze arrow.
Dual Blade will be S-atk.
Running will be faster I think.
Time attack client orders will be nerfed. Possible reward buff to other client orders.
More mechs from Virtual-on. CAST Rejoice, more parts for you.
More balance. Maybe more shunka nerf.

PS. Also found info on those weird things that pop up on the screen during missions.
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E4%BA%88%E5%85%86
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:09:33 pm by majikero »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

For the record I don't think there's been an updated date for an update on the ddos. I'll keep an eye out for that sorta thing!

But yeah the leg gauntlet things were seen shooting techs, so they're definitely some kind of officially dubbed hybrid weapon.

Tomorrow they'll be putting out another response, it'll likely be daily until the issue is resolved.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 04:57:11 am by Seriyu »

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well they're really going at it with this attack aren't they. Can't say I've ever seen a ddos this long. Isn't it nearing 100+ hours?
At least I'm assuming it's still the attack, since pso world, wich is also targeted, is still down as well.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 07:09:17 am by Jelle »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Yep. Realistically it can't last forever unless PSO2 somehow attracted the ire of someone that owns a botnet, which is... unlikely to say the least.

Someone is paying serious dosh to, what ultimately boils down to, delay a game.

If even that! I'd imagine the PSO2 team has a lot of time to work on patch content without having to worry about the player base.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

What if it's all some sort of scheme by Sega, and they've actually got some super epic new content coming out this week?
That'd be a great fantasy to have come true.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

They do have that huge patch with the new class in it coming out (maybe new race? deuman actually came out with the last huge patch and as I recall beast men from PSU have been oddly absent, on top of there being beast man esque dudes in the trailer, admittedly really huge ones), although I doubt Sega set this up. :P

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

The main website has gone back up, but the game servers are still down. Seems like the ddos is getting less persistant, from what someone on reddit was saying.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

I am not the only one who has been checking the reddit then, this morning.
I'm still curious as to who actually paid for this to happen.
I mean, SEGA must has SERIOUSLY fucked with their cheese for them to be this determined to mess up millions of people's weeks.
I almost want to guess there is some sort of commie pinko disgruntled player uprising from the SEA servers, given recent IP blocks I've heard about.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

I think it's more likely that, like usual, someone got really bent out of shape over some really minor thing and suddenly felt like blowing perhaps hundreds of dollars on a ddos to inconvenience a company was a good idea.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35