Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.  (Read 59156 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Ugh, why did I have to go and get back into Mabi. Now I'm going to be torn between two games I enjoy a lot.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

I've been torn between skyrim and PSO2 since I started playing. :P

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile

Well, being the impulsive person that I am, I went with the VPN option and the game works just fine with it and the website which refused to load before now accepts connections.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

lol at all the fearmongering about ip bans. Reading about people trying to get others into a panic is one way to spend the time.  :P

Anyway, game is more or less back to normal for me. Some small hiccups when trying to connect, but otherwise seems stable. Results may vary etc.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

I still can't get in at all.
Makes me sad.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Getting 107's and sometimes managing to start the launcher, haven't had luck getting into the game itself. Connecting from Taiwan if that makes any difference. Same results with or without Japanese VPN, although strangely enough I can successfully finish the file check thing. I can connect to the pso2.jp site (which some people seem to have trouble with) without issue.

Still I'd suggest people to stay off VPNs, at least for now. Personally aint going to risk my account. And yeah, watching people troll each other about the IP bans is highly entertaining. :D

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Yeah I've officially got some proof that people are getting banned for VPNs here.

Seems sega takes them pretty seriously!

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the most part, those people changed account info like their email address after a verification email was not properly received, one of them had her account actually compromised and that is why it was banned. Changing account details over a suspicious IP address used by many others who are probably doing the same because the verification mails don't seem to work with hotmail is a very bad idea and would most likely get sega's attention. I used a Gmail account, got my verification mail since i had a different IP and dealt with it without problems. I used a VPN less people would use and even if somehow they got a hold of my account info by listening on the connection, I have the one-time password protection so they can't do a thing.

I'm most likely safe from bans at the moment, but I've had my PSO2 fix for now and I won't tempt fate. There aren't many english players online anyways and the JP's are sleeping, the place is pretty empty.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Build for ranger? I'd be using launchers primarily. I'm guessing gunner subclass is a nobrainer. I'm not sure if I should get weak bullet or not though, I hear it's really strong.
(gunner tree seems awfully strong. Is that really a x2 modifier to pp generation?)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile

Do power bullet and PP save bullet even apply to launchers? Their name makes me think they're rifles only. Also, I'd max weak hit and Jellan Shot before standing snipe. Also, you can probably cut out PP save bullet entirely even if it does apply to launchers I should think, just switch to any old rifle and spam for second or two to restore your PP. When I use launchers I never really noticed any PP issues so long as you make sure to work in a steady stream of regular rockets. Especially in crowds. Every enemy hit by the explosions gives you PP so its really only an issue at all against bosses.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:23:18 pm by Kaitol »

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The special launcher ammo skills refer to them as bullets, so I think it does. I'm maxing standing snipe since launcher normal attacks and most photon arts are completely stationary anyway, so it's pretty much a free dmg boost.
That maxed jellen shot is indeed nice, not sure where to take points from though.  :(

Edit: Revised
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 01:33:05 pm by Jelle »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Just to say, hunter is probably the best subclass for ranger as fury stance is a monster and it applies to ranged attacks too. Gunner comparatively has some skills that run counter to what ranger does. (damage boost while moving, damage boost while up close - damage boost while not moving, damage boost from far away).

Gunner is still respectable, just be aware of that.

Also unless you are absolutely opposed to weak bullet as a concept (I don't blame you, weak bullet does tend to be one of those skills a class gets known for and then subsequently becomes the only thing people give a shit about for that class), you should probably get it. It is amazing. It just multiplies the damage a target/target part takes.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Build for ranger? I'd be using launchers primarily. I'm guessing gunner subclass is a nobrainer. I'm not sure if I should get weak bullet or not though, I hear it's really strong.
(gunner tree seems awfully strong. Is that really a x2 modifier to pp generation?)

While I love to use gunner as a sub on most classes to nearly double DPS through throwing out twice as many PA's, it doesn't work too well on launcher. It gets very good PP generation as long as you hit multiple enemies and with the right setup it'll annihilate groups of enemies in one PA meaning PP generation against normal enemies is somewhat meaningless. On the other hand, the PP generation on single targets is abysmal for the launcher and you really wouldn't get much out of doubling it, your passive regen would still outdo it.

A word on standing snipe, it requires you to have been standing still for an entire second before it kicks in, this is problematic with launchers as a fair number of their PA's move your character ever so slightly and since the shots travel slowly, you actually have to stand still until the shot lands, which can be dangerous. You should probably grab Weak Hit Advance instead, launcher shots and most of the PA's will prioritize weak points if they're in line of sight of the explosion and it is easy to get its bonus which is higher than standing snipe's.

Launchers hitting very hard and usually 1-shotting normal enemies, the skill First Hit is very nice to ensure nothing survives by a sliver, forcing you to waste more PP or time.

Power Bullet is nice, it'll buff your R-atk for 30 seconds at the time of loading a special bullet, with 3 different launcher bullet types, that's a pretty nice uptime. PP Save Bullet on the other hand, while it sounds great, is only active while you still have a special shot loaded, which limits its effectiveness, most launcher PA's being somewhat expensive, you wont get to throw out too many before running out of PP and then you're left unable to use normal attacks unless you want to waste your loaded special shots and therefore pp save. I guess it can work if you time the use of the special shots right though and have enough points into them.

Another problem i see with the build is that you invest points in both Ranger's Sharpshooter and gunner Zero Range Advance, which are mutually exclusive, also, the range on Zero Range Advance is extremely short, about 2 character widths if I remember correctly, basically melee range, which may not be very safe with the way the launcher locks you in place temporarily, but you CAN use the launcher in a melee-like fashion with the right PA's.

I have a pure Launcher build too and I do have a single point in weak bullet, I have a crappy low level rifle i use just for WB, load it, shoot it at an existing weak spot, switch back to launcher, make use of Weak hit Advance and deal 9x normal damage. This is the build I use: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07dQbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkfdt0ebIoqnGKJ7JiGA000000ib000000lb2QGFfGFcDeidqbnrA0000lb000009b0000000Ib0000000Ib000000j

Ultimately, you pick the build that's fun for you though. I enjoy maximizing the damage output of the launcher and playing with a hard-hitting hit-and-run style.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:05:04 pm by Ygdrad »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well there is currently a way to connect to PSO2 without looking too suspicious. I found out about this trick with the tunneling software Pingzapper http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRpmSb1e7M&feature=youtu.be (there's a second video link in its description for a missing step)

Basically this thing reroutes where your connection bounces and will let you gain access to the game. Like a VPN, it'll change your IP address, but unlike a VPN, it doesn't give everyone the same address and also unlike a VPN, it'll use YOUR computer to connect and not another one like the VPN server. This means the game will not see anything wrong as IP addresses change all the time for some people and what the game cares about and procs those verification mails is your MAC address, which identifies your PC. With a VPN what Sega sees is a bunch of accounts logged in on the same IP, on the same machine at the same time, which looks extremely shady.

Another funny thing about pingzapper is that it only routes traffic for a single application so it wont screw with your other uses of internet and it actually IMPROVED my ping to the game instead of worsening it like VPNs do.

Edit: Pingzapper will work and allow you to play PSO2 even without the trick in the video, but what the trick does is get around the trial version's limitation, which will disconnect you every hour.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:27:02 am by Ygdrad »

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's strange you still can't login normally. I usually get in after 3-5 login requests, even when the server status shows as unknown. Be nice if they resolved all the issues so login is back to normal, but at least it works for me.

Seems servers are unstable today, for me anyway. I've been trying to complete this quest for an hour now, keep losing connection. Before I would only disconnect occasionally when changing block, now completely at random.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:08:59 am by Jelle »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35