Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 85742 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!
« Reply #780 on: December 05, 2015, 12:38:32 am »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 05, 2015, 08:33:14 pm »

((I feel a rant coming on, but I'm going to keep it in check out of respect for adwarf.))

Lend the Adorned Kiteshield to one of the folks that doesn't have a shield and isn't using a two-hander. Then ready my shield and spear and watch the entrance closest to me for threats. Stab any threats with my spear.
"Hey pass that shield here" Wield the shield with the faded sword
"does anyone have a spare weapon they can lend me?"

Prepare the swarm!
"Here take this"Pass Nav my spear "Get behind me and stab anyone who attacks me while I keep them from killing any of us"
Move toa door without Beirus and hold my new shield ready to block anything that comes out
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:40:07 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 05, 2015, 09:39:44 pm »

"Thanks. Sure, good plan."
Take the spear and get behind Mark.
Prepare the swarm!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!
« Reply #783 on: December 06, 2015, 01:31:38 am »

Roll to Become a Hero: The Rite of Winter, Challenge One!
Guard one of the entrances.

"Seems like we need to hold the enemies here!"
With hammer in hand you rush to one of the entrances and stand ready to repel any would be attackers.

Oh hell. SUMMON SPIRIT! Please be a high roll.
Holding the Darkwood Stave in hand you start to channel your mana into the staff, and it begins to overflow out into the world around in the form of a white light that forms into a complex circle behind you filled with runes. Shortly after the circle completes the air around it begins to physically ripple as a black void starts to expand out from the center until its the size of a human. As it stops expanding a silvery figure slowly steps out from the portal with a pitch-black bow in hand, and a gold quiver on his back.

The moment he fully passes from the portal the entire circle shatters, and he kneels onto the ground in front of Chronus.

"Your wish is my command."

Archer of a Lost Empire summoned.

Quickly scavenge for throwable weapons.
You start to look for more throwable weapons when suddenly another dirk appears in midair with gold text next to it.

"Look for something and you shall receive. Though what you get might not be what you want, and might result in the loss of life, or limb."

Go guard one of the entrances. Preferably one that isn't devoid of mobs.
You head to one of the doors near a spawner, and prepare to hold it against the enemy!

Lend the Adorned Kiteshield to one of the folks that doesn't have a shield and isn't using a two-hander. Then ready my shield and spear and watch the entrance closest to me for threats. Stab any threats with my spear.
You toss Mark Juno your Adorned Kiteshield, and then draw your spear and better shield. With your weapons in hand you take up vigil over one of the entrances, ready to repel whatever is about to come.

Prepare to fight, attacking anything that gets close enough to the crystal.
You are prepared, very prepared. Or maybe not on second thought...

Move toa door without Beirus and hold my new shield ready to block anything that comes out
You head to an unoccupied entrance, and ready your sword and shield!

"Thanks. Sure, good plan."
Take the spear and get behind Mark.
Prepare the swarm!

You bring out your lantern hive, and start to rouse the bees for the fight to come. Within moments the entire hive is mobile and buzzing about around you in a protective manner.

-------

As you finish preparations the sound of a gong ringing breaks the air, and then suddenly you can see the spawners. Four boxes that look oddly like christmas presents are outside of the wall at four different locations, and as they come into view four pillars of red light burst out around them. When the light finally disperses what greets you is the sight of small creatures adorned in green vests and pants with red hats that have bells on the end, and golden shoes ringed in even more bells. The little creatures come up to your knee and would be almost adorable if not for the fangs protruding from their mouth, blood red eyes, and blood covered cleavers clutched in their hands.

Spawners invincible for two turns. All of them at fifteen health. Siege Crystal in perfect condition.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zein, Sarrak (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jenny Abigail, Ochita (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stenner Board, NAV (click to show/hide)

------

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

North Spawner Group
Spoiler: Demon Elf (click to show/hide)

Northwest Spawner Group

South Spawner Group

Southeast Spawner Group

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 06, 2015, 01:57:21 am »

"Defend the central crystal! Come, we will hold the Northern passage!"

Light a torch and attempt to hold off the Demon elves with fire while the archer shoots them. Stick my axe in anyone what comes close.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 06, 2015, 02:45:39 am »

Stick with Mark like the pollen on a worker bee's knees. Make sure my bees know he isn't an enemy.
Whichever enemy the bees decide to attack, stab them!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 02:57:46 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 06, 2015, 03:42:39 am »

Seeing the success of Arnoldo, Zein had a few moments to lament at his two-hander, before saying out loud:

"I am ambidexter and I need weapons that could be dual wielded!"

If succeeded - close the entrance with my body while rearming myself. Then, engage in elf-kicking goodness.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 06, 2015, 04:33:15 am »

Be ready to slay the elves that come out of the door I am close to. If none come out, assist the folks near the south door.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 06, 2015, 01:32:14 pm »

((So is the border around the crystal just walls with no roof?))

"Oi, Chronus, can your archer get up on the wall? Might give him better vantage and a shot at those spawners when we can start taking them out." Jase shouts before turning his attention back to the entrance he is guarding.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" He shouts at the elves, thumping the button of his spear on the ground for emphasis.

Wait for the elves to come to me. Turn the first one to get in range into a shish kabob using the reach of my spear.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 06, 2015, 02:06:05 pm »

((So is the border around the crystal just walls with no roof?))
Yep, just walls.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 06, 2015, 03:14:11 pm »

Throw the dirks at any monstrous gremlin that I feel is the least molested out of all of them.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 06, 2015, 10:10:41 pm »

Prepare to defend myself and Nav with shield and sword "HOLD THE LINE"
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:37:49 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 07, 2015, 10:50:44 pm »

Hold the northwest, kill any monster that comes close.  "Surprise, I never took an oath to do no harm,get close and you'll die."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 11, 2015, 01:10:41 am »

Update is coming this weekend, I'll be running through several combat rounds for this turn so if you guys have any additions to your actions with that taken in mind feel free to make them. Turn would'e happened yesterday, but I've been chosen to watch a family member's dog the past few days :V

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!
« Reply #794 on: December 12, 2015, 08:58:42 pm »

North Gate Group
"Defend the central crystal! Come, we will hold the Northern passage!"

Light a torch and attempt to hold off the Demon elves with fire while the archer shoots them. Stick my axe in anyone what comes close.
You hastily pull a prepared torch from your pack, and light it on fire before taking up it and your axe. With your weapons in hand you charge forward next to Jase and start to wail on the closing Elves who turn out to be more nimble than you through. You land a strike on one with the torch, but the rest manage to keep out of range of your axe

Quote from: Archer of a Lost Empire
Slay the Demons!
The Archer quickly grabs an arrow from his quiver, and fires it past Chronus and Jase into the charging Demon Elves. His shot is true and a scream of pain rings out as his silver arrows burrows into an elf's throat though the real damage comes after as the arrow bursts forth with a golden light that causes the Demon Elf to burn to ash in moments.

Chronus earns one Christmas Mystery Bag and a Christmas Miracle coin!

"Oi, Chronus, can your archer get up on the wall? Might give him better vantage and a shot at those spawners when we can start taking them out." Jase shouts before turning his attention back to the entrance he is guarding.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" He shouts at the elves, thumping the button of his spear on the ground for emphasis.

Wait for the elves to come to me. Turn the first one to get in range into a shish kabob using the reach of my spear.
You yell at the coming elves as you smash the butt of your spear onto the ground with a solid thud. Unfettered by your statement the elves continue to charge forth though quickly one explodes into ash as a silvery streak flashes by, and another is engaged by Chronus as he charges forward like a madman with torch and axe in hand. Not to be outdone you take a step forward and throw out a stab with all your might that takes a demonic elf right in the shoulder. For a second it looks as if nothing will happen then the elf's arm explodes into gore followed by the elf dropping to the ground dead.

Jase earns one Christmas Mystery Bag and a Christmas Miracle coin!

Quote from: Demon Elf 1
Kill Chronus! KILL!
The Demon Elf engaging Chronus takes a swipe at him, but the blade hits Chronus' platemail at a weird angle and glances off without dealing so much as a scratch.

Quote from: Demon Elf 4
Kill, Maim, Slaughter!
A final demonic elf throws itself forward as it lashes at Jase's leg with a two-handed swipe of its cleaver, but before it can land the blow the former guard drops down and takes the strike onto his shield negating the damage it would've done.

Southeast Gate Group
Stick with Mark like the pollen on a worker bee's knees. Make sure my bees know he isn't an enemy.
Whichever enemy the bees decide to attack, stab them!

As you stay close to Mark's side your bees suddenly launch into action as the entire swarm falls upon an unlucky bastard among the demonic elves. You of course take advantage of this elf's plight and lunge forward to attack him! However, during the lunge you over reach and the spearhead just cuts a thin line along the demon elf's head.

Prepare to defend myself and Nav with shield and sword "HOLD THE LINE"
You lash out the first elf to get in range, and cut a massive chunk out of it causing the creature to screech in pain before clutching at its heavily bleeding chest.

Attack Mark in revenge.
The Elf that Mark attacked jumps in a rage and slams his blade home into Mark's skull causing the poor soul to collapse as blood begins to pour from his head and mouth.

Quote from: Demon Elf 2
Finish Mark!
A second elf runs over to the collapsed Mark, and starts to hack away at one of the man's legs until finally the man turns into orbs of light that drift over into the stands. When the orbs reform a rather sickly looking Mark is revealed looking at the arena with a sense of discuss. A voice enters his mind as he sits there in silence,

"Congrats on being the first to die, as compensation you shall be given two Christmas Miracle Coins!"

Mark Juno was struck down!

South Gate Group
Be ready to slay the elves that come out of the door I am close to. If none come out, assist the folks near the south door.
When you suddenly see a large group of elves surging through the south gate you quickly dash over and beginning engaging the closest one in battle. Your first strike nicks their arm, but the second is dodged as the elf jumps back out of your blade's path.

Throw the dirks at any monstrous gremlin that I feel is the least molested out of all of them.
As the elves charge towards you you've already pulled out two of your dirks and sent them flying towards the charging elf mass. Luckily enough both of them find their way to the same target and strike into it's chest with a resounding crack that sends it falling to the ground where it will never rise again.

Arnoldo the Amazing earns one Christmas Mystery Bag and a Christmas Miracle coin!

Attack Aldren
In a fury the elf lashes out at Aldren, and accidentally lands a full strength blow on the former soldier's neck. Aldren feels the entire thing, as if some evil being is keeping him alive for the process, as the Demon Elf chops his head off with one blow before Aldren's corpse turns into gold lights and finds its way into the stands as well.

Quote from: Demon Elf 3
Attack Arnoldo
Another elf charges at Arnoldo, and clumsily swipes at the juggler causing a small nick on the juggler's arm.

Aldren Wolfrock was struck down!

Quote from: Demon Elf 4
Attack Arnoldo!
Yet another elf charges Arnoldo, but this time its timing is off and the attack sends it careening past the former juggler entirely missing to land a strike.

Quote from: Demon Elf 5
Attack Arnoldo
One final elf attacks Arnoldo, but much like the last one his attack misses completely!

Northwest Gate Group
Seeing the success of Arnoldo, Zein had a few moments to lament at his two-hander, before saying out loud:

"I am ambidexter and I need weapons that could be dual wielded!"

If succeeded - close the entrance with my body while rearming myself. Then, engage in elf-kicking goodness.
You ask the air for weapons to dual wield, and in answer a box appears in front of you. Before you can open it though the lid pops off and a giant fist comes out and punches you in the face causing you to stumble back in confusion as you try to shake off the nausea it caused!

Hold the northwest, kill any monster that comes close.  "Surprise, I never took an oath to do no harm,get close and you'll die."
Seeing Zein's sudden weakness you rush to his aid with your surgical scalp in hand, and inform the elves that you never took an oath to harm them. When you arrive in front of the demonic elves you start to wield your scalpel with surgical precision as you cut one elf's arteries in his arm before stabbing him in the chest, and swinging around to plunge the scalpel through it's eye and into the bugger's brain. As you watch the poor fool fall the sound of trumpets fill the air, and a voice echoes through the arena,

"Double Kill! Jenny earns two more Christmas Miracle Coins alongside the double amount she will earn for a double kill for being the first person to achieve it! A round of applause for Jenny, our slaughtering nurse!"

Jenny earns six Christmas Miracle Coins, and two Christmas Mystery Bags

Quote from: Demon Elf 3
Attack Zein
The last remaining northwestern elf charges at Zein and swings his cleaver at the stunned Blacksmith, but misses its blow and stumbles.

Due to a player being slain the Spawners are no longer invincible. All of them at fifteen health. Siege Crystal in perfect condition.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zein, Sarrak (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jenny Abigail, Ochita (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stenner Board, NAV (click to show/hide)

------

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

North Spawner Group
Spoiler: Demon Elf(Dead) (click to show/hide)

Northwest Spawner Group

South Spawner Group

Southeast Spawner Group

The Slain for this Event
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:05:26 pm by adwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55