Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - GAME OVER! SCUM WIN!  (Read 58944 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - Day One
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2014, 12:39:16 pm »

Alright.

Re-evaluation.

*Tiruin: Justified low activity: Has been forced to do her best Pandarsenic imitation (exams...).  Null read.
*Fniff: Is not sure if Mafia is his sort of game, and is having trouble getting in to it.  Most likely of the players here to request replacement.  Null read.
*darkpaladin109: Said he would reread the thread on the 22nd.  Never posted that day.  Has been online, but inactive.  Needs to be more active.  Mild scum lean.
*Scripten: Last active on the board on the 21st.  Contributed a bit during early RVS, but activity dropped later.  Last post (which was two days after his previous post) was minimal.  Needs to return to the board and be more active.  Null read: while quite lurky when last playing, he's stopped being on the forum for a bit.
*tn5421: See my last post.  Let's see what his next post is.  Null read at the moment.
*Kansa: After a period of difficulty with the game, Kansa visibly started to get the hang of it around this postIs rapidly evaluating and re-evaluating reads  Needs much practice.  Slight town lean.
*borno: Is tangled up in a mess with tn5421.  Has said little about anyone else recently.  Null read.
*RangerCado: I await that post.  I also await an answer to my question.  Null read.

Turns out this game is hard when half of the players are barely here for various reasons.  So many null reads...

darkpaladin109: So, how's that readthrough going?
Scripten: Are you here?  Any thoughts?
borno: We know your thoughts on tn5421 well.  Any thoughts on other players?
Kansa: Quick question: what is your gender?

MyOwnWorstEnemy: Please prod Scripten (37 hours) and darkpaladin109 (44 hours).
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2014, 01:28:26 pm »

To Jack A T: I'm Male
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2014, 02:08:58 pm »

No need to prod, posting now.

I suppose it's going....alright. All I really found was a question I didn't see, which I suppose I'l be answering now.
Tn5421 and darkpaladin109: Since you both were in the last beginner's mafia game, which was a sprint, how do you expect this game will differ? How will you be changing your playstyles to adapt to those differences?
Sorry for missing the question Scripten. As for my answer, I have been in a BM before, though I haven't gotten through the end there. I suppose the difference is that it's going to be much slower paced, and I going to be able to get more posts in, at the very least. I don't really have a solid playstyle right now, to be perfectly honest, though.

I think that's all the questions for me, so if I missed any, it would be nice if you let me know.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2014, 04:52:18 pm »

Jack A T: *Attempts to be aggressive tended to get you killed.

tn5421: On day one, at that.

Jack A T: *When seeing advice to be aggressive/bold in Bay 12 (a place that does like aggression and boldness), you were suspicious due to prior mafia... trauma, I guess works as a word here.  This suspicion is crap.

tn5421: No, the format is crap and you ask for people to misunderstand you.

Jack A T: *After enough pressure, you decided to try aggression.

tn5421: Because I'll be lynched if I don't.  Incidentially, I'll be lynched if I do, as well.  Catch 22 much?

Jack A T: *... by creating a terrible case.

tn5421: Nobody seems to want to post so what evidence am I supposed to use, exactly?

Jack A T: *You're also angry, due in part to MafiaScum having server issues.

tn5421: Yeah, I queued for a couple of small, fun games (5p vengeful and stuff like that) just to kick back and have a bit of fun, and the server goes down.

Jack A T: *You're even angrier, due to perceiving the backlash against your case as the anti-aggression murderiness you remember from early games.

tn5421: See Catch 22.

Jack A T: *Running on anger, you've started repeatedly firing everything you have at your feet.

tn5421: If everyone is going to suspect me no matter what I do then why even play in the first place, because it is certainly not fun for me in the slightest right now.

@borno: Why should I waste 15 or more minutes of my life reading your scumpainting post?

I prefer to give the setting before the situation

Then maybe you should make it obvious that you're doing so.
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2014, 05:00:50 pm »

Hi all. I'm not sure if my current internet setup is going to be sufficient to finish out this game. I've just moved into a new apartment and my internet service has been delayed. What with this silly old town shutting down at 4 or 5 at night, I don't think using the internet cafes is going to cut it. I really do want to keep playing, but it doesn't seem to be working out right now. It's been fun so far, but my activity is terrible and I should give up my spot for someone who's able to be more active.

Therefore, I'm going to put myself up for replacement.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2014, 05:38:37 pm »

tn5421:
@borno: Why should I waste 15 or more minutes of my life reading your scumpainting post?
::) This is what got you into this mess, remember? Not properly reading my post?
I prefer to give the setting before the situation

Then maybe you should make it obvious that you're doing so.
What? So you're saying I should have structured it like this?
Setting: It is lylo. Situation: There is one player who is being active but dropping a few scumtells. There is another who is lurky, but who is slightly less scummy. The votes are tied between them. Decision: Who do you choose to lynch?

tn5421, since you continue to refuse to defend yourself, I'll just leave my vote here until you prove to me that I can take it off.
darkpaladin109:

I suppose it's going....alright. All I really found was a question I didn't see, which I suppose I'l be answering now.
Tn5421 and darkpaladin109: Since you both were in the last beginner's mafia game, which was a sprint, how do you expect this game will differ? How will you be changing your playstyles to adapt to those differences?
Sorry for missing the question Scripten. As for my answer, I have been in a BM before, though I haven't gotten through the end there. I suppose the difference is that it's going to be much slower paced, and I going to be able to get more posts in, at the very least. I don't really have a solid playstyle right now, to be perfectly honest, though.

I think that's all the questions for me, so if I missed any, it would be nice if you let me know.
Really? You take two days to read 7 pages, and this is all that you have? What are your reads? What do you think about tn5421 and I? Did kansa just drop a scumtell? There is so much more you can post with two days up your sleeve.

I think that everyone should, at this point, show all of their reads on others, following Jack A T. Here are my own.

darkpaladin109: Lurky. Doesn't post much when he posts. Null.

Fniff: Mafia doesn't seem to be for him. Lurky. Null.

Scripten: Replacing out. Same as above.

tn5421: Scummy. Overly aggressive, refuses to defend self.

RangerCado: Reasonably active, makes rich, nourishing posts. Leaning town, however, tn5421 seemed to buddy him earlier.

Kansa: Active, but some posts make him seem more active-lurky than active due to their content levels. Leaning town.

Jack A T: Active, makes sound posts. Leaning town.

Tiruin: Eaten by exams. Only seen once or twice since then.

Hi all. I'm not sure if my current internet setup is going to be sufficient to finish out this game. I've just moved into a new apartment and my internet service has been delayed. What with this silly old town shutting down at 4 or 5 at night, I don't think using the internet cafes is going to cut it. I really do want to keep playing, but it doesn't seem to be working out right now. It's been fun so far, but my activity is terrible and I should give up my spot for someone who's able to be more active.

Therefore, I'm going to put myself up for replacement.
Sad to see you go. Good luck in your new home!

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - One Spot Left!!
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2014, 07:50:46 pm »

Votecount:
  • darkpaladin109: Jack A T (1)
  • borno: tn5421 (1)
  • Fniff:
  • Scripten:
  • tn5421: borno, RangerCado (2)
  • RangerCado:
  • Kansa:
  • Jack A T:
  • Tiruin:

Votes to Extend: [0/3]
Votes to Shorten: [0/5]

Day ends Monday at 7 pm EST

Scripten is up for replacement.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2014, 09:03:36 pm »

There is no need for me to do so; you have already decided that I'm guilty, and no defense would stop you from seeing me lynched anyway.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2014, 10:57:32 pm »

tn5421:
There is no need for me to do so; you have already decided that I'm guilty, and no defense would stop you from seeing me lynched anyway.
I don't know why you keep assuming that nothing you can do will stop me from voting you. If you give a decent enough explanation for your actions then I may drop my vote. But currently, by refusing to defend yourself you are being a huge scumbucket. You insist that playing with idiots is not fun at all, yet I think that playing with someone who resigns themselves to death for no good reason at all is not very fun. It doesn't matter if you're scum or town; you're throwing the game for yourself and your teammates by doing this.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2014, 02:02:47 am »

I am going through the posts starting with the first quoted, so I may jump around a lot and make outdated assumptions. Just bear with me please.

And its more that your giving me a bad vibe with how your phrasing your posts.
RangerCado: Can you describe this in more detail?  What is it about the phrasing that gives you a bad vibe?
Jack: His constant misinterpretation of borno's LYLO question, even after several people fixed the situation is a prime example.

Second, he was fully against any bold actions due to the risk of it getting you NKed. This is rather unnerving to me, as being cautious often leads to obtaining less information, and being unhelpful too the town. Your risk of getting NKed goes up yes, but when you flip town, everything you found out is given that much more relevance and weight.

@RangerCado: But can you deny that stuff is getting done?
tn5421: Yes actually. You ask very few questions and are now yelling at everyone and giving up on town. Is that helping town?

-snip-
Feeding the troll? Your the only one who appears to be trolling everyone, calling them names and generally being a very unwelcoming person. This entire post quoted is mostly you insulting us all.

It is lylo, and the votes are tied.
is not a question.  He keeps trying to frame it as a question because he knows I caught him out on a lie and is trying to cover it up by attacking me.  Granted, I made it easier by deciding to play a bit different than I normally do.  He also never connected the statements in any meaningful way.

One player is slightly scummy and lurks and the other is more scummy but is active. Who do you choose to lynch?

Should have been this:

One player is slightly scummy and lurks and the other is more scummy but is active.  You are in LYLO.  Who do you choose to lynch?
Yet it can't be LYLO day 1 in a beginners mafia! It was obviously just written in  a somewhat confusing manner to you, but most of us both understood, and tried to correct the situation. This is just making you even scummier looking.

Darkpaladin: ...Several days of information to go off of and dig through, and yet this post... This is just so empty, with almost do information at all to go off of from it, and very little actually done. Do you have any suspects, reads, or questions to ask people? At all?

tn5421: ...Dude, please just... this is partially what is killing you in this game. You've decided that your just gonna let yourself die. If your town, then you should still work to try and find scum. The more you do, and the more active you actually are, the less reason and sense we have to keep our votes on you if you start looking townie again. I know this feeling of getting ganged up on, but just try for the rest of the game.

UNVOTE
because at this point in time, tn5421 seems more like a 'feeling hopless and trapped' townie than a terrible mafiasco. I'll get a reads list up sometime tomorrow... sometime today actually. (12:03... and I wanted to fall asleep before the day changed. XD *sigh* night all!)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2014, 12:49:35 pm »

I think that everyone should, at this point, show all of their reads on others, following Jack A T.
Yes, let's do so.

darkpaladin109: Well, that was certainly a very useful post.  Were you left with any thoughts about anyone after your reread?  Anything you wanted more information on?  Anything at all?

Tiruin: Could you please take a break from your resting?  We really need another IC here for the tn5421 thing.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2014, 12:53:05 pm »

Also, MyOwnWorstEnemy: Both players on the replacement list have been away from the forum for multiple days (Soldier since the 19th, Whitius since the 21st).  I wouldn't expect a response from either of them.  I recommend editing the thread title to note we need a replacement.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2014, 05:33:14 pm »

@RangerCado: The defender is always wrong, and the attacker is always right in the eyes of public opinion.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2014, 05:51:26 pm »

To tn5421: That is a silly statement, if that was the case then we would all be jumping on borno now as you were the one who attacked him first.

Readings

darkpaladin109: Lurks a lot, does not post too much when he does post. Not really enough information to get a reading on

Tiriun: Inactive for justifiable reason, no reading.

Fniff: Says game is probably not for him, null reading.

Scripten: Requested replacement, null reading.

tn5421: Is still on borno's case, refuses to defend himself on multiple situations. Slightly scummy but frustration with the game can explain this.

Jack A T: Makes high content filled posts and contributed a lot to the game, leaning towards town.

Rangercado: Makes good posts and contributes to the game, leaning towards town.

borno: Most of recent posts have been warring with tn5421. Null reading
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2014, 07:40:48 pm »

@RangerCado: The defender is always wrong, and the attacker is always right in the eyes of public opinion.
tn5421: Thats... a really pessimistic outlook. What you have to do is not just stick to defending, and acknowledge points they make against you that are true or understandable. While doing this, you check to see if their activity in them questioning you is scummy, as well as doing the rounds on others. Never STOP hunting, and your much more likely to survive. If you do end up day 1 lynched, or NKed, oh well. You got unlucky, but theres always the next game.

Reads:

Darkpaladin:
Very few posts... anywhere on the forum actually. The few times he is on, he's gone in half an hour. Null read, need more info.

Tiruin:
Busy with real life, so she hasn't posted much. Null read, need more info.

Fniff:
Almost nothing at all to go on, null read again.

Scripten:
Null read again with a request for replacement. Was hunting though.

tn5421:
...Leaning scum slightly. Scummy activity, but is obviously trying to understand how to play on the forum. Refusal to defend himself, and tunneling of borno without going after others is worrying though.

Jack:
Contributes a lot, doing his IC job, nothing really scummy at all. Small town lean.

borno:
slight lean scum. Although active, he is tunneling tn5421 and not doing much else after a good start to the game.

Kansa:
Neutral read. Could do with a LOT more content in his posts, but IS trying.

borno: Can you give your list of points against tn5421? Why aren't you questioning others? Do you have anyone else on your radar?

tn5421:
At this point, do you really think defending yourself will make things worse for yourself? Why have you decided to resign yourself to this fate, while also stopping your hunting? If people ignore you because they think your not worth it, then that just leads to you getting a case against them. Can you try? Please? :)

Tiruin:
If you do get a chance, can you post your thoughts on the tn5421 vs borno situation atleast?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26