Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - GAME OVER! SCUM WIN!  (Read 58910 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVII: Vampire Coven - Day One
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2014, 07:06:56 pm »

To tn5421: I can tell you pretty easily how it is a question, the sorry friend is about not asking you a question in the first place as you commented on it.

The LYLO bit is not a separate comment from the rest of the line it is on, it is part of the question. Saying that if you were in a lylo situation would you vote for a scummy lurker player or a scummy active player.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr (PARTIALLY NSFW)
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2014, 07:12:09 pm »

It is lylo, and the votes are tied.
is not a question.  He keeps trying to frame it as a question because he knows I caught him out on a lie and is trying to cover it up by attacking me.  Granted, I made it easier by deciding to play a bit different than I normally do.  He also never connected the statements in any meaningful way.

One player is slightly scummy and lurks and the other is more scummy but is active. Who do you choose to lynch?

Should have been this:

One player is slightly scummy and lurks and the other is more scummy but is active.  You are in LYLO.  Who do you choose to lynch?
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.

Mafia Dossier: MafiaScum Wiki - tn5421

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2014, 07:14:11 pm »

Fniff: ...Yes, now why don't you go answer the questions posed to you, as well as do a bit of your own hunting? Saying your here but doing nothing else is just being lazy, or active-lurking.
Fniff: No questions? Even if your going on a dig through the thread, you should still try to question someone for more information today.
I'm sorry for not posting and asking questions. I'm not really sure if Mafia is the game for me at this point... It's not really what I come for when I play a forum game. I'm not even really sure where to start in terms of questions. I'll try to see if this picks up.

Fniff: So, how's that readthrough going?
Pretty well, but I'm still not sure what to do.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2014, 07:15:23 pm »

Fuck.  You.

Quote from: Life Advice of the Toad
Let us maintain our chill composure.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2014, 07:16:18 pm »

@Fniff: That's alright, Mafia isn't for everyone.  I got off on a bad foot because I was already mad as a hare about mafiascum having server problems (they've been down for 2-3 days now) and borno walks in with his half-assed logic thinking he can lead town into mislynches.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2014, 07:23:32 pm »

The way it is structured leads to the original intent being a question though. I agree with you that it is poorly worded but if he had meant the statement to be part of the "sorry friend" he would have put it on the same line as it rather than make a new one for it.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2014, 07:46:02 pm »

@Jack A T: Please show where I have refused to answer a question, and I'll show you how to buy seafront property in Kansas.
Of the questions in my spoiler here, the only one you answered was the one on borno.  You also spoke of seeing no need to defend yourself, called everyone attacking you stupid and said they deserve a loss of your support, and declared that you were avoiding a "wall-war."

If this failure to answer was erroneous (as your response here implies), I apologize.  I can see how you may have missed that.

Now, please answer my questions.

It is lylo, and the votes are tied.
is not a question.  He keeps trying to frame it as a question because he knows I caught him out on a lie and is trying to cover it up by attacking me.  Granted, I made it easier by deciding to play a bit different than I normally do.  He also never connected the statements in any meaningful way.

One player is slightly scummy and lurks and the other is more scummy but is active. Who do you choose to lynch?

Should have been this:

One player is slightly scummy and lurks and the other is more scummy but is active.  You are in LYLO.  Who do you choose to lynch?
...no, still not a good case.

One question: how is this supposed to work as an evil scum plan when there is an IC running around required to do his job?

Fniff: Mafia isn't for everyone, as tn5421 said. 
If you find it really isn't your sort of game, feel free to request a replacement.
On what to do: A good start is to try to look for something that seems suspicious.  Ask whoever did it about it.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2014, 07:59:51 pm »

I assume your questions were in the spoiler?  I didn't actually look at it yet, thats probably how it got missed.  BRB

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2014, 08:06:16 pm »

Read this like you would a play, the name is the person talking, because I'm not doing 5+ quote tags.

Jack A T: Where's the scumminess in giving mass advice to be bold and take action to hunt scum?

tn5421: Because I'm the one that takes this advice, and I'm always mislynched early in the game for it.

Jack A T: (Are you speaking from personal experience here?)

tn5421: Yes.

Jack A T: Was this what you thought about the lines I asked about when you voted Tiruin?  If not, what did you think?

tn5421: IMO, being busy IRL is an acceptable excuse to not have time to post, but not an acceptable excuse to dodge questions.  I still want the question answered by Tiruin when she is done with IRL stuff.

Jack A T: ...so?  Where's the scumminess?  Why would scum be more likely than town to say incorrect things about LYLO day 1 in a BM?

tn5421: He wants to find out how town will play if the game goes to LYLO, so he can adopt his playstyle with leisure in a (more) successful effort to seem town.  In essence, letting people answer this will enable him to blend in more, which isn't something town should want.

Jack A T: Don't say things like this.  It doesn't help you win, whether you're town or scum.  In fact, it tends to make you look worse.

A better defense strategy is to respond to the attacks against you while actively scumhunting.

tn5421: I don't see why I should care, he's hell bent on scumpainting me and its not like anything I say will be believed until I flip town anyway.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2014, 08:16:39 pm »

Votecount:
  • darkpaladin109:
  • borno: tn5421 (1)
  • Fniff:
  • Scripten:
  • tn5421: borno, Jack A T, RangerCado (3)
  • RangerCado:
  • Kansa:
  • Jack A T:
  • Tiruin:

Not voting: Tiruin, Kansa, Scripten, darkpaladin109, Fniff

Votes to Extend: [0/3]
Votes to Shorten: [0/5]

Day ends Monday at 7 pm EST

Quote from: Life Advice of the Toad
Let us maintain our chill composure.
I was gonna say that... but seriously. This is a game, people. A serious game, yes, but a game nonetheless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tn5421

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGUS + WIFOM = Fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2014, 08:25:22 pm »

It's not like scum!borno is even innovating at all, this is a play I've seen dozens of times.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2014, 08:44:57 pm »

tn5421: Alright.  This is what I'm getting from your assorted posts:
*Prior Mafia games (I'm assuming outside of those noted on your MafiaScum Wiki page) were in areas that tended not to have much aggression and boldness, but gave advice to be aggressive and bold.
*Attempts to be aggressive tended to get you killed.
*When seeing advice to be aggressive/bold in Bay 12 (a place that does like aggression and boldness), you were suspicious due to prior mafia... trauma, I guess works as a word here.  This suspicion is crap.
*After enough pressure, you decided to try aggression.
*... by creating a terrible case.
*You're also angry, due in part to MafiaScum having server issues.
*You're even angrier, due to perceiving the backlash against your case as the anti-aggression murderiness you remember from early games.
*Running on anger, you've started repeatedly firing everything you have at your feet.
I see too much reminding me of my own failures in Supernatural 3 here (my first game on Bay 12, while I was used to the EpicMafia meta.  Which had trained me to do some pretty shitty things, it being EpicMafia.), and I've been having doubts about my vote for a while (largely due to the feeling that this was what was going on).

Unvote.  I need to reevaluate the game.

Advice: As I said, take some time to relax.  Have that tea/coffee/whatever.  Read something remotely funny.

On your attack on borno:
The statement-statement-question style used by borno is a reasonably common RVS question writing style.  See, for example, this:
Imp - You are scum. Right off the bat, you are confronted with the devil himself in Townie Form during RVS and he tunnels aggressively. How do you get him off your back?
When searching for more examples (quick google search), I found this little post from borno:
Spoiler: Exculpatory Evidence! (click to show/hide)
Yes, that is borno's standard RVS question writing style.  Borno, I will note, was town that game.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2014, 11:14:44 pm »

Day ends Monday at 7 pm EST

So I'm ironically dying from resting so much (figuratively) and...thanks for the extend y'all :x
Will get in a post later for sure.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2014, 02:12:24 am »

tn5421:
@borno: pseudo = false, but thanks for trying
I know what pseudo means. That's why I attached this
@borno, #106: One long big pseudo-justification for your omgus.  You must be so proud.
For one, having any sort of justification for a vote makes it not an OMGUS. An OMGUS is when you vote someone for the sole reason that they voted you, which you would realise if you properly read my post. You claim that it is merely a pseudo-justification, yet you do nothing at all to back up your claim? Are you even trying anymore? Make a real post against me!
to the end of my point. Please, read my whole post.
tn5421:
@borno: Wow, no questions to me.  The insult cuts deep.
Sorry, friend.
It is lylo, and the votes are tied. One player is slightly scummy and lurks and the other is more scummy but is active. Who do you choose to lynch?
Please tell me ALL ABOUT how its a question.  I will redirect you to the seafront property in Kansas.
Because it's a hypothetical question asked at the start at the game to start things up? Honestly, I don't know why you're attacking me asking a question when, bolded, you wanted me to give you one. In the next post you make you "clarify" why it was scummy by saying I should reverse the situation and the setting, but I prefer to give the setting before the situation. Anyway, I still don't see how that's scummy. If it's the 'sorry friend' bit you are mad about, I was saying it as a joke because you said I had insulted you.
We both know I'm conftown, since your role pm told you who your scumbuddy was, I don't understand why you think you can keep this pretence of legitimacy up.
I'm sorry, but you are certainly not conftown.
Nice twisting my words, by the way.  I firmly stated my desire to not play with idiots, because it's not fun in the slightest.

As to why I don't need to defend myself; all you're going to do is twist anything I could possibly say until its barely recognizable anymore, so why should I feed the troll?
Firstly, if you don't want to play with idiots, don't join a BM. But in any case, I never twisted your words. You are refusing to answer me, no? So, this
You realise that you are the one who is throwing the game when you refuse to defend yourself?
still stands.
Secondly, I guess that since you don't need to defend yourself, we don't need to stop voting you.
It's not like scum!borno is even innovating at all, this is a play I've seen dozens of times.
You keep calling me scum, yet have no case beyond 'he attacked me!'. This is a good example of an OMGUS, not the post in which I gave good reasons for my vote.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2014, 10:25:15 am »

Sorry for not posting much yesterday. I'll get a bigger post out tonight.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26