Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: ⚔DUELING BLADES⚔ - PbP 4v4 Competitive Dungeon Crawling (OOC)  (Read 22592 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Question. So, I read the setting part, but I have to ask...do we really have to deal with the more squicky and frustrating/controversial parts of medieval life like sexism and homophobia? I'd really rather avoid having that, because it means either a. I play a female to have some diversity and am penalized for it, similar to being left-handed, thus making the game itself sexist; or b. I play a male, reinforcing stereotypes within action RPGs and lowering the possible diversity of the characters. And in either case, the sexism omnipresent in our/the setting's culture(it's omnipresent in modern times, so what would it have been like back then!? jeezus) will be ingrained into the minds of the characters and influencing their every action, which will be difficult for me to roleplay.

Also, character sheet.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

There is in fact no way for my character to wear armor that will be of use without being naked.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

Question. So, I read the setting part, but I have to ask...do we really have to deal with the more squicky and frustrating/controversial parts of medieval life like sexism and homophobia? I'd really rather avoid having that, because it means either a. I play a female to have some diversity and am penalized for it, similar to being left-handed, thus making the game itself sexist; or b. I play a male, reinforcing stereotypes within action RPGs and lowering the possible diversity of the characters. And in either case, the sexism omnipresent in our/the setting's culture(it's omnipresent in modern times, so what would it have been like back then!? jeezus) will be ingrained into the minds of the characters and influencing their every action, which will be difficult for me to roleplay.
How hard the players emphasize the mentality of the time is up to them, especially since the kingdoms involved are fictional and therefore the setting section doesn't apply.

e: You have a debt of 1 copper.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile

Do you pay the price, and 5 points, or just five points to get something?
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does that mean we can shape the faction we're in to be basically Sparta if things didn't get fucked up for them and they became the heart of civilization?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright. Debt fixed by the way.

I think the players shape their faction together. In any case, I'm going with a pseudo-priest(ess) from pseudo-russia. Yay staves and being fully clothed!

Speaking of which, I wonder if women get a second piece of cloth free of charge with that loincloth...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does that mean we can shape the faction we're in to be basically Sparta if things didn't get fucked up for them and they became the heart of civilization?
Whatever works for you. The only thought I've given to them is their crests, mottos, and titles.

Do you pay the price, and 5 points, or just five points to get something?
5 points = 5 copper
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Speaking of which, I wonder if women get a second piece of cloth free of charge with that loincloth...
Now who's being sexist? :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

YAY! SPARTA IN MEDIEVAL TIMES WILL COME I SWEAR IT!

On that note, my current character sheet.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Okay, sheet is now final! If it's okay, does that mean I'm in?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, sheet is now final! If it's okay, does that mean I'm in?
You haven't upgraded your raw dice even though you bought Specialization: Spear.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now who's being sexist? :P

>.> Wondering in the sense of 'do we get more free shit', not wondering in that sense. Jeez.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Do traps get bras also?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

None of that.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22