Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: ⚔DUELING BLADES⚔ - PbP 4v4 Competitive Dungeon Crawling (OOC)  (Read 22556 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Also as a clarification, it says if we start at level 3, we need 40 exp to level again, right? Would if we get to level 3 from level one ingame, it still require 40 exp or would this handicap our character permanently by requiring 30 more then normal characters?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

Also as a clarification, it says if we start at level 3, we need 40 exp to level again, right? Would if we get to level 3 from level one ingame, it still require 40 exp or would this handicap our character permanently by requiring 30 more then normal characters?
It would still require 40 EXP. It would not handicap your character because your character would start at a significant advantage to the level one character. There is no difference between a character that starts at level 3 and one that goes from 1 to 3. Just how you spend your points.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Read the manual. That's what I'm doing.

Also, I want to point out that bleeding to death is SLOW and painful most of the time. Especially if you leave the bleeding device in.
It's like a million pages. And character creation just has a bunch of big lists of skills and traits.

EDIT: I have 80 points?! In the character creation thing it says "0 available." What do I even do with those? I see the skills in the manual but I don't see costs or anything..
You have to put the points you have in at the top left. Each rank in a skill costs 15 points (as stated in character creation) and ups you a level.
Ohhhhh… It says "you may spend 15 points to level your character up" so I thought it meant that we had 15 points total when making a character. Crappy wording. So confuse. Now it makes a ton more sense though.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ohhhhh… It says "you may spend 15 points to level your character up" so I thought it meant that we had 15 points total when making a character. Crappy wording. So confuse. Now it makes a ton more sense though.
I will certainly reword that.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Wait, you wrote that manual? Oh wow. Wouldn't have said it that way if I had known. :p

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I kind of guessed he wrote but wasn't all that sure.

Also, I think I'll make a thief.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, you wrote that manual? Oh wow. Wouldn't have said it that way if I had known. :p
Yes, the entire system was made by me from literal scratch. And it's no worries, it was a legitimate criticism.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

You're a beast.

Spear-wielding acrobat! I love this game already!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh god... healer thief is looking like a good idea but... all the thiefy rougey skills in the book I've seen...

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Character creation is quite open-ended, there are lots of builds available to you.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, decided on a simple thief with healing.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Well, I'm guessing it's full up, then.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Technically we only have 1 confirmed player.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm probably going to regret not taking a specialization in a weapon aren't I?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22