Sweden
- 0 (0%)
Switzerland
- 0 (0%)
United Kingdom
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: Eurovision 2019 netherland is coldplay  (Read 31370 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Eurovision 2014! Austria victorious! Europe crowns new drag Queen!
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2014, 05:39:08 pm »

Meanwhile in Russia, a program on Rossiya-1 intended to discuss the contest was hijacked by the West's favourite bogeyman politician Vladimir Zhirinovsky, who proceeded to hilariously sperg out on live television for several minutes.
The audience doesn't seem to be mad at Austria's win - they are mad at Dolmachevy sisters being booed on stage.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:42:03 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2014, 05:43:20 pm »

Europe has gone to dogs. The people are so depraved that they prefer kinky ersatz females over pastoral, naturally buxom village washmaidens.
Sex tourism is not what it used to be.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2014, 05:45:03 pm »

Is this thing 100% politics? Or ya'll exaggerating?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2014, 05:46:27 pm »

Europe has gone to dogs. The people are so depraved that they prefer kinky ersatz females over pastoral, naturally buxom village washmaidens.
Sex tourism is not what it used to be.
The people are so depraved that they prefer kinky ersatz females over pastoral, naturally buxom village washmaidens.
ersatz females
The transsexual community find that statement to be discriminating. Check your privilige, cis scum. :P
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:48:53 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2014, 05:48:22 pm »

I can see it now. Next year EVERY nation will have an act that is a little... erm, different... based on Austria's success with their performer.
Won't work if the audience know you're just exploiting people's sympathies.

Meanwhile in Russia, a program on Rossiya-1 intended to discuss the contest was hijacked by the West's favourite bogeyman politician Vladimir Zhirinovsky, who proceeded to hilariously sperg out on live television for several minutes.
The audience doesn't seem to be mad at Austria's win - they are mad at Dolmachevy sisters being booed on stage.
1. Is that as funnyn as it sounds?
2. It was undeniably wrong, we probably won't get another chance at a Christmas truce again. A shame on an otherwise ok eurovision.

Is this thing 100% politics? Or ya'll exaggerating?
Northern countries only tend to win due to merit, though Britain has been slacking, and certainly most countries emphasize voting for their powerful neighbours and friends. We exaggerate, but many a country who should have won has lost due to politics.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2014, 05:49:02 pm »

I can see it now. Next year EVERY nation will have an act that is a little... erm, different... based on Austria's success with their performer.

There is some precedence.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2014, 05:50:36 pm »

It's 100% politics and 100% entertainment. Only it's not real politics and not real entertainment.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2014, 05:53:26 pm »

1. Is that as funnynas it sounds?
Some of the stuff he said (or, accurately speaking, shouted) was like "70 years ago, the Soviet Army entered Austria. THEY REALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE LEFT!" and so on, and so forth.
He really took the Austrian victory to heart, I guess.
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2014, 05:55:07 pm »

Considering Scotland's first Eurovision act as a free nation will most probably be a certain drag queen I think we are poised to take victory.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2014, 06:01:28 pm »

actually the year scotland gets independence eurovision will be composed mostly of drag queens so you will actually have to outdrag the others

* LordSlowpoke flails arms around while slidiing down unreasonably slippery slopes

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2014, 06:03:01 pm »

Considering Scotland's first Eurovision act as a free nation will most probably be a certain drag queen I think we are poised to take victory.
"Prime minister, we are independent, what should be our first order of business?"
"I demand drag queens."

Some of the stuff he said (or, accurately speaking, shouted) was like "70 years ago, the Soviet Army entered Austria. THEY REALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE LEFT!" and so on, and so forth.
He really took the Austrian victory to heart, I guess.
My god, it's the lovechild of Glenn Beck, Peter Hitchens and Putin :p

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2014, 06:18:05 pm »

Ugh, who wanted Austria to win? Aside from being someone disturbing bizarre, the performance was boring and the song was standard Eurovision. On the other hand, there were some great songs that should have done much better (Sweden was good, although their hosting would have been painful to watch again; the Netherlands's song was also was also good). At least Poland certain annoying songs didn't do very well.

Also, the voting is hilarious to watch if you know some things about the last 75 years of European political borders. For example, Austria and Hungary vote for each other, as do Belarus and Russia.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2014, 06:28:16 pm »

For me I thought Netherlands, Switzerland and Norway had better songs. The best obviously being Britain's (well... it was better than previous years at least). Personality does also factor in though.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2014, 06:37:42 pm »

For me I thought Netherlands, Switzerland and Norway had better songs. The best obviously being Britain's (well... it was better than previous years at least). Personality does also factor in though.

I can't even remember Britain's, but I agree with the rest.

Also, I liked the hosting a lot this year (way better than last year, where it basically insulted everyone). The wonders of Googling someone for 15 minutes...
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2014, 06:54:46 pm »

The Britain part was a joke :p
The three I mentioned alongside Azerbaijan, Hungary, Iceland and Poland are the only songs I can remember, I sadly can't remember Austria's. If only Netherlands had done this song in another eurovision, because it was a very unusual song choice that broke out of the usual pop; we don't get much of those winning. A good competition, and let us not scrape away at Austria's achievements, the song was good enough to win after all.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21