Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34

Author Topic: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy/Supers OOC Thread  (Read 29614 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy OOC Thread
« Reply #435 on: July 08, 2014, 09:06:19 pm »

What's the point limit?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 08, 2014, 09:06:51 pm »

300+. Undecided as of now.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #437 on: July 08, 2014, 09:08:02 pm »

And at least 50 or more disads.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 08, 2014, 09:22:50 pm »

So my 'boring' cleaner knows both judo and karate and can operate grenade launchers. I'm going to have fun.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 09, 2014, 01:00:52 am »

I've a question about Payload. Specifically, what does "cabin" mean? Is it a full four person car equivalent? Can I just ignore it?

Occupants: A human-sized being requires about 200 lbs. of capacity. For others, take average racial weight and increase it by 1/3. An actual cabin requires 10 times that weight.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #440 on: July 09, 2014, 01:51:39 pm »

Yeah, probably.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 09, 2014, 02:05:20 pm »

I thought it was talking about a cabin like in a semi-truck.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 09, 2014, 03:18:09 pm »

Would having Bain and the Payday gang as allies require me to add the special abilities modifier to it or not?

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #443 on: July 09, 2014, 03:48:35 pm »

No, not unless they have superpowers.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 09, 2014, 03:58:33 pm »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #445 on: July 09, 2014, 05:32:05 pm »

Looks pretty good. Also, all advantages that depend on time, like luck and serendipity, now have the Game Time, +0% enhancement from Powers p. 108.

Also, there's no point having 6 points in a skill. You should drop that to four or raise it to 8.
Also also, you didn't finish your contact.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:37:47 pm by Angle »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #446 on: July 09, 2014, 07:16:50 pm »

Oh, also, you can buy Power Items with money, if you wish. PM me for details if you're interested. And there are a few traits that work differently, namely Damage Resistance, (Absorption) - See here for details.

Also, i anyone wants to know more about the world, you can read this. It's not canon (for this campaign), but it'll give you an idea of how things are.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 08:07:27 pm by Angle »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 11, 2014, 05:34:26 pm »

I'm thinking about playing as a tank, figuratively, not literally. Damage Resistance (Absorption, Force Field, Ablative, Can't Wear Armor) and Regeneration (Extreme) are stupidly awesome, but Regeneration is too much for me, since I don't need the HP regen too. Can I get a disadvantage that limits Regeneration to just the Ablative Damage Reduction? I was thinking -60% or -80%.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #448 on: July 11, 2014, 05:51:48 pm »

Powers, page 70. Do you know the source for this ability? Mutant is the simplest, if you don't mind the Social Stigma. If you're still being the animate car, electrical might be fitting, or mechanical.

Also: League of Legends GURPS. Am I crazy or what?  :P
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:02:34 pm by Angle »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 13, 2014, 01:33:02 am »

Alright, I need some thoughts on the four different character ideas I have. I can't decide on one, since each sounds cool at first thought, but I can't make them work the way I want.
What I want to play: Something that would be fun and interesting to play, in both the mechanical and roleplay sense. Something silly. Something original.

First, we have the flying car. The main problem is that the points needed to have enough attributes to be a car that is somewhat realistic (fast, like 60 MPH, strong enough to carry passengers, with enough HP and DR to be made of metal) is STUPIDLY HIGH.  It drains most of the points available to me, leaving me with not much more than Flight, which doesn't make for an mechanically interesting character. I could also drop the flying car thing altogether, and become a motorcycle, reducing my Strength needs, freeing up some points to invest in weapon mounts and the like.

Second, we have the AI who spontaneously emerged on the internet, and is living in there. This is a very mechanically cool concept, but it means that I have to work on a whole different playing field, completely unlike everything else, meaning that I can't interact with them in the traditional sense. I worry that this might make me feel frustrated and distant from the action. I am currently favoring this idea, as it means I can use things like Possession to take control of drones and stuff. There are also some interesting things I can do with various fabrication skills to have an effect on the material world.

Third, we have the tank. Very simply put, every point goes into DR (Absorption, Force Field, Ablative, Can't Wear Armor) and Regen (Extreme, DR only). This is stupid, silly concept, and would completely flop at anything meaningful. I don't like it, but I want to bring it up.

Fourth, the grizzled veteran cop, with a grudge against supers bigger than the stack of paperwork on his desk. Exactly what it sounds like. Mechanically, not the most interesting I can do, and an interesting, if stereotypical character. Just came up with this one, which is why he is the least fleshed out.

Any advice on what to choose?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34