Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34

Author Topic: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy/Supers OOC Thread  (Read 29612 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy/Supers OOC Thread
« Reply #465 on: July 15, 2014, 12:49:38 am »

You might want some allies to man your guns. You can't personally control those Dedicated Controls.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 15, 2014, 12:58:40 am »

Argh. I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #467 on: July 18, 2014, 01:11:28 am »

Also, if anyone wants to play a mage or a devisor, mages use RPM with the additional rule that you can trade Magery for energy at a ratio of 25 energy per character point. You can do this with a part of a level of magery, in which case the rest if of no use to you until you buy back up to the full level. Devisors (Or schimmelhorn engineers, if you're not a mutant) use these rules, with the added caveat that they can permanently buy a evise by paying ether money or character points for it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:48:01 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 05, 2014, 05:11:13 pm »

I'm getting back into this. I'm probably going to drop the tank.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #469 on: August 05, 2014, 05:14:02 pm »

Sure. If anyone wants to try out random mutant powers, I've been making a table.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 05, 2014, 05:16:12 pm »

That sounds fucking awesome. I was thinking about doing some sort of guy focusing on the modular skills, but that sounds far cooler.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #471 on: August 05, 2014, 05:54:51 pm »

Alright. How random do you want it to be? You have 450 Points plus 50 points in disadvantages. You want to put 300 points in superpowers? I could probably give you a bit of a discount, cause they'll be random.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 05, 2014, 05:56:32 pm »

Sounds good. Thanks!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #473 on: August 05, 2014, 06:01:10 pm »

Aright, I'll give you 400 points in completely random mutant superpowers for 300 points, leaving you with 150 plus 50 points in disadvantages for the rest of your character.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:29:29 pm by Angle »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #474 on: August 05, 2014, 08:33:15 pm »

For your Random Mutant Powers, you get:

Spoiler: Wizard, 150 points (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Exemplar, 100 Points (click to show/hide)

Hmm. You could do a lot with that, depending on what kind of character you want to make. The main advice I'd give you is to buy some innate attack skills. They'll help you hit with offensive spells, and will also be useful if you copy any abilities with innate attacks. Oh, and also take Social Stigma (Minority Group) for being a mutant.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 01:42:44 pm by Angle »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 06, 2014, 01:29:01 pm »

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Yesterday was busy, and when I went to post this, the internet was having a fit, so I went to bed. Then, this morning, it took me forever to get to work, which is where I'm posting this from.

My current idea is to be an escaped test subject of a super villain, who was experimenting with mutant powers. Due to a history of drug abuse or depression (maybe both), and no close friends or family, he made the perfect target. I'm planning on not getting any supernatural or exotic advantages for at least one adventure, since he's only recently escaped, and hasn't had time to develop his skills. I may, however, invest some points into gear stolen from the super villain.

I'm a little unclear about what you mean when you say:
You can spend the rest of your points on additional levels of control, additional levels of magery, or path skills and thaumatology.
I've calcuated it to come to only 141 points (Not including the -5%), so do I spend the change like that?

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #476 on: August 06, 2014, 01:44:30 pm »

Sorry, I forgot to include the price of the regeneration. aftr that it should equal 150 points. You can spend the rest of your characte points on the things it lists, if you so choose.

What conditions would he have escaped under? Is the Supervillian chasing him?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 06, 2014, 02:58:20 pm »

Ah, okay. Thanks.

I'm not sure of the exact conditions, but I am planning on taking Enemy, so yes, he is being pursued.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #478 on: August 06, 2014, 03:06:54 pm »

Alright, that works. Do you know where you want this to take place? Is he i America, or somewhere else? There's a chunk of the Caribbean that a Supervillian has managed to claim for himself, and he rents the occasional island out to other Supervillians.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 06, 2014, 03:28:00 pm »

Hmm. I'm currently thinking that he would have stolen some money and gadgets, and disappeared into the underworld. The Caribbean would be a cool setting for that.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34