Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Insanity Train!  (Read 2796 times)

Kreydurst

• Bay Watcher
  • Is insane
    • View Profile
Insanity Train!
« on: May 07, 2014, 09:49:42 pm »

Current fort status: Winter of 2nd year. File corrupted :(

So I had this idea on how to have make myself shit tears of blood fun. And I have decided that I will let 6 other people design their own dwarf, to live alongside Kreydurst (myself). And as the story progresses (or lack of progress due to insanity fun) I will write write out a small story for every somewhat interesting event that concerns any of the starting 7 dwarves.

Also, this isn't intended on being succession styled. So it's more of a >Create your character< then watch what happens under the lordship of insanity.

The first 6 people who post about their dwarf will get in (If more post I'll pull numbers from a hat or something.). So when you post I want at least the following information.
  • Name
  • Skills
  • Restrictions (I.E. refuses to trade with assholes elves)
  • Demands (I.E. as soon as fort starts he must have a bed)
  • Military? (Is he a scumbag coward or a dwarf?
  • Personality (Does he hate everyone else and want to live like a hermit?)
  • History (Optional, but if you give me more material to work with I can create better stories)

Any other information you give me will be extra, and appreciated. My one and only request is that you not declare your dwarf a noble, as I will atom smash them. And now for my dwarf

1:Kreydurst
2:Miner 5, swordsdwarf 3, Armor user 1, Shield user 1.
3:Refuses to fight above ground. Will only use iron+ quality for armor.
4:Must have a giant 12x12 bedroom asap.
5:Is a Dwarf
6:Angry at the best of times. Will demand the slaughter of all elves on fort land. Quick to execute fellow dwarves for not wanting to destroy elves. Despises non-domesticated animals roaming about. Will complain about all wooden furniture (Including beds), and constructions. Enjoys metal. Loves the thrill of the fight. Kind to most of his kin. Has trust issues until they prove their worth.
7:Family was slaughtered by elven archers, because they chopped down a sacred tree. Moved from fort to fort, very few of which lasted more then a year. Developed moderate mining skills to create a small shelter for himself as he ran from monsters during the night. And swordplay as one needs to fight sometimes.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 05:24:01 pm by Kreydurst »

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
Re: Insanity Train!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 10:36:05 pm »

I'm interested in seeing where this goes. You've got guts though, asking the DF forums to make your dwarves for you.

1. Horkon
2. Axedwarf 4, Engraver 3, Mason 3.
3. Refuses to perform any professions not involving stone or killing things.
4. Must have the highest quality axe in the fort at all times.
5. Real dwarves kill things and drink plump helmet wine in bowls made from their skulls.
6. Genuinely cares about the fort and everyone in it. Everyone else is axe bait.
7. Horkon's history is murky, bloody, and like many cave-dwelling creatures, best left under whatever rock it's hiding under. It may or may not have involved a tantrum spiral from a previous fort.
This space for rent

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 12:58:40 am »

Sounds fun!!?

1.  Dailm
2.  Any skills you need to fill in the gaps
3.  Cannot be in any position of responsibility and cannot administer justice in any way.
4.  A sword to call his own.
5.  Will fight for the fortress so dwarf.  well he has a beard anyways.
6.  Hard working, reluctant to fight especially against sapients but in no way a coward.  Anti authority and would prefer to fight part time in the militia so he can focus on other labors.  Fluent in goblin.  Just wants to build a decent living for himself.  Loves the fort but has no loyalty towards the monarch.
7.  Extensive criminal history, hailing from the poorest immigrant slums of Yellowpick.  Born in a dark tower but after it was ransacked by dwarves he was co-opted into the dwarven civ.  A decent fellow but you best believe he's killed and even shed the blood of fellow dwarves.  Recently released from prison he has paid his debt to society but may very well return to a life of crime if things get tough.

Looking forward to it!

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 02:41:32 am »

1. Tunist
2. 5 Speardwarf 4 Teacher 1 Cook
3. Only Uses wooden spear (must be one of the older dwarves)
4. -Buy All Wooden spears from Elves
   -Wants to train all useless Migrants in Potent speardwarves(optional equipped with wooden spears)

5. -Will send his pupils first in combat, but when they all die he/she will avenge them
6. -Lazy Veteran. (It used to be all better / "In his last for he saved the day") personality but is very strict for other dwarves (ie: his pupils)
7. -Never really saw any real combat action besides sparring, and the occasional crundle. Never saw a goblin in real life. But tells everyone made up stories of his great achievements. Was send here by the king to finally prove his worth (and to shut his big mouth).

Hopes this all glues together and makes for a good character ! :)  have fun!
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 02:58:09 am »

1. Nickname Pumpa.
2. Mechanic + Siege Engineer.
3. Must have no cats nearby! Cat leather and biscuits are acceptable.
4. Become a baron and issue mandates and demands.
5. Let guards fight for him, he have to survive and become a baron.
6. Be based on that dwarf's actual personality.
7. Had to join the embark party after accidentally flooded the meeting hall while upgrading the fountain. It wasn't his fault, but architect's who made the drainage too narrow not fitting for the power of fountain. But he was accused guilty, not the architect.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 03:55:59 am »

1:yd12k
2:Medical dwarf, you can pick the exact stats
3:Silence near the hospital (keep it removed atleast 5 tiles from anything in any direction. This includes the aboveground)
4:A waterfall in his bedroom, and his bedroom near the hospital
5:Sworn the hypocritical oath
6:Let it generate
7:Family killed in battle because of an infected toe, became a meddwarf to stop such stupidity from happening again
Best thing to do about the blindness pandemic, train a lot of siege operators. Because they can't see enemies, they won't run in panic.

Kreydurst

• Bay Watcher
  • Is insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 08:16:42 am »

I'm interested in seeing where this goes. You've got guts though, asking the DF forums to make your dwarves for you.

Indeed, I'm looking forward to seeing how much suffering fun I'll have.

1. Tunist
4. -Buy All Wooden spears from Elves
   -Wants to train all useless Migrants in Potent speardwarves(optional equipped with wooden spears)

I foresee a harsh relationship between Turnist and Kreydurst.

That being said, their's one more slot for a created dwarf. Let's see how crazy this gets.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 10:32:08 am »

1. Khaziraad
2.Brewer, part time Herbalist
3.Must never participate in fighting non-dwarves. (No brawls but drunken ones)
4. Must always have the plants to brew at least 3 different drinks. If there aren't 3 diferent plants, Khaziraad goes herbalist for time being.
5.No fighting, unless extremely drunk sober.
6.Evryone gets a drink. Herbalists get their drinks first. Would buy plants for brewing from elves, but would rather have them grown in the fortress, when it's possible.
7.Khaziraad is in search for the perfect brew. Dwarves can apreciate a good drink, and have grand brewmaking traditions, therefore, Khaziraad stays with his kin, for now. He has joined the caravan in hopes of going to a place where ingredients that he has not used yet grow or are traded.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kreydurst

• Bay Watcher
  • Is insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 12:56:16 pm »

Alright, got the embark down. I'll see if I can't post something tomorrow to kickstart this story. As of now I need to leave soon for some life stuff, but the fun shall begin.

Edit: Well that ended quickly. Upon embark the military dwarves were slaughtered by alligators before they could even pick up their weapons. And soon after the rest fell. I'll restart, hopefully this time there isn't 10 alligators surrounding the embark.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 01:06:49 pm by Kreydurst »

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 01:43:24 pm »

Typical DF.   I've never had one of my dwarves in another fort survive longer than a year, stupid undead kobolds...    If you can break the record Yellowpick will sacrifice a yak to armok in your honor.

Kreydurst

• Bay Watcher
  • Is insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 01:46:07 pm »

Typical DF.   I've never had one of my dwarves in another fort survive longer than a year, stupid undead kobolds...    If you can break the record Yellowpick will sacrifice a yak to armok in your honor.

Going to be honest, it was a fairly strange embark. Speaking of which, an alligator became named through the slaughter.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 04:58:41 pm »

Well... I guess I came late to the dwarfing party :(
Maybe I can get dwarfed as one of the inmigrants? If not, feel free to correct me as harshly as you want.
But if I can, then here's the character sheet!

1.- Mothram
2.- Surely it is impossible to put up skills to randomized migrants, but any hunter/marksdwarf/ambusher will do.
3.- Won't kill kobolds, he was protected by them when his mind was destroyed by lack of booze. Maybe will even put things outdoors for them to pick up (gateway for !!FUN!!)
4.- Give me a big 6x6 room. Now. And don't dare to make me cave-adapted.
5.- Will protect his fortress and his fellow comrades... At a safe distance of course. Unless it is a very big FB, a Giant Sponge or a GCS, then, he will run away as fast as he can leaving a trail of his own shit behind.
6.- Doesn't really likes underground, as he prefers to be outside, but he will go take a look to the caverns if required to. He is optimistic and fairly annoying sometimes. He doesn't like elves, but he doesn't hate them either. He feels simpathetic towards them tho.
7.- He was forced to escape the Montuainhomes for a crime he doesn't remembers. Forced to wander months alone in the wild, with his mind destroyed by hunger and lack of booze. He finally found a kobold cave, where, in his hallucinations tougth as a glorious dwarven fortress. The kobolds took care of him, until he went with them to steal from a dwarven fortress. When he drank some of the booze they stole, his mind begun working correctly again. And he noticed two things:
1 he was a dwarf.
2 he was living with kobolds.
He ran away to the nearest fort he could find, but after noticing that it was abandoned and in ruins, he just picked up some clothes and ran to the road, meeting up a mirgrant group heading to a fortress: YellowPick. In his way there, he tougth of the years he spent with the kobolds, stealing, learning gibberish and being treated as one of them. He made himself one promise: Never hurt a kobold again.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 07:08:58 pm »

For the migrant-me:

1: Fallerang
2: Something that involves metalworking, but let him get experience in both making weapons and armor.
3: Despises humans and elves but is a big fan of goblins and won't attack them unless one attacks him.
4: Must have a personal forge made of gold in his bedroom, which must be at least 8x8. Will not sleep on a bed made of mushrooms, but will consume them. If recruited into the military, he must use his own weapons and armor; he wants to be sure of their quality.
5: Won't attack goblins but will slay anything else swiftly. Prefers archery against anything strong enough to remove a limb.
6: Relatively social but doesn't like nobles except for mayors. Disgusted by anyone who engraves anything that involves dwarves killing goblins or goblins dying due to dwarves; images of goblins alone or goblins doing cool stuff or goblins and dwarves working in harmony are great. When not being forced to kill stuff, he prefers to be holed up in his bedroom making stuff out of metal, down underground where he's more likely to be murdered by a spider than to be attacked by vile fiends.
7: Was attacked at 11 by a human pikeman but managed to fight him off since it was made out of silver, and then was, at 14, attacked by an elven swordsman, but since elven weapons are made of sucky wood, survived with a few bruises but had his kill stolen by some random axedwarf.

Kreydurst

• Bay Watcher
  • Is insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 09:57:58 pm »

I'll consider adding you guys into the story. But for now I think the standard 7 for story telling will be hard enough for me as is. But you can be in the next wave with Kreydurst when this fort falls (Currently at summer of year 1 embark. Making good progress. Almost finished with a small starting story, should be ready tomorrow.) Time for me to sleep now anywho.

Kreydurst

• Bay Watcher
  • Is insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 07:14:25 pm »

The story will be written in a wide arrange of narratives. So to say, it could be past-tense, current. First person or third person perspective, or completely narrated.

Story of ~The Constructs of Medicine~

Pre-Embark

We all gathered at the gates of capital Mountainhome of the Kikrost Kacoth empire. The first to arrive was I, Kreydurst. Soon to be king of the miners, and swordsdwarf extraordinaire. Ah signed up for this damn expedition expecting to have a semi competent team. Ah suppose that it twas a bit much to ask for.
   The second to arrive was Horkon, the bloodthirsty axedwarf who refuses to touch anything unless it bleeds or is stone. Ah brought an iron axe just in case Ah needed it to chop down trees, but Horkon refuses to have anyone else touch the best axe we have. To be honest, Ah don't much trust him, and Ah feel as if Ah must keep my sword at my sides at all times from now on.
   After Horkon, the third twit arrived, called 'imself Dailm. Sounds like a twit of all skills. He brought himself a sword even though he has no training in it. Ah might do myself some good in training him in the propah art'o'de sword. Then again, the guards warned me'bout dis one. Bit'o ah nutter, but he done served his time.
   Den Tunist came with his wooden spear, being a braggart about how many goblins he's slain. Ah must admit to being a bit jellous of his speardwarfship, powerful thrusts, but refuses to use metal spears for some reason. Maybe Ah'll see his skill later in the journey.
   The rest came roughly at the same time, Pumpa was a twit who flooded the old meeting hall. Yd12k, as he calls himself is a doctah, could be quite useful in the future. And Khaziraad, an aspiring brewmaster. We should do fine with this crew.

-   -   -   -   -

Walking down the stone road, to the last, outermost fortress of the Kikrost Kacoth empire, The Constructs of Medicine leave their beasts of burden, and the wagon outside of the gates. Upon entering they instinctively head to the nearest pub, the Farting Elephant.
   The pub is filled with patrons, and a few busty, and some not so busty bar maids. As well as your standard king beard brewer who stands behind the bar, that sits in front of barrels holding the brownish gold sustenance, that dwarves must live off of, or die to insanity. Almost needless to say in a frontier fort, every dwarf is armed with something. Usually a mug of ale, rub, beer, or some other odd concoction brew masters come up with.
   Looking around a bit, Kreydurst decides to take a seat next to Tunist who at the time was drinking some dwarven rum, his spear resting on his left side. “So what made you decide to adventure out from the Mountainhome?” He inquired.
   “Oh yah'know, King whats'is'face wanted me to defend the newest group of folks so that we might find even more minerals and fun stuff to play with!” Tunist stated with a nervous grin on his face, just before reaching to his rum and downing the last of it.
   “Ah must admit, being in the presence of one so skilled is quite an honor. But I must ask, how have I now known of you before this day?” Kreydurst would say with an inquisitive look on his face.
   Looking around in a subtle, yet frantic motion, Tunist calls over Dailm, “Dailm my boy! Care to learn a few tricks from the master speardwarf who's slaughtered one thousand goblins!?”
   Dailm fumbles out of his chair at the sudden shout “Goblins!?” He shouts in response, pulling out his own copper shortsword. Swinging the sword with obvious skill, or rather lack there of. Dailm would have cleaved a barmaid if not for the chair protecting her life. Shattering the chair, the bar erupts full of even more noise then before.
   In the blink of an eye, every table in the pub has been smashed by some dwarf's weapon. And plenty of ale had been spilled. A glorious bar fight has emerged, and at the for front of the battle was the sober (Or as sober as a dwarf can be) Khaziraad. Shouting at the top of his dwarfy lungs “Ye gits bloody knocked over mah boot blood ale! Ah'll kill ye!” Right before he begins knocking down half of the brawlers in one fell swoop.

End of Pre-Embark

Do to my being lazy, the formatting I did in my writing software didn't transfer over (as expected) so I hope the story doesn't look to horrible at first glance. I'll be adding more later. And when the fort finally falls I'll compile all of the sections into the first post. (Or should I do that now? I'm really lazy.) Also I hope to be posting Daily/bi-daily. So expect another one tomorrow about the journey to the embark site. And then soon after the actual stuff! Any other comments are appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 07:20:26 pm by Kreydurst »
Pages: [1] 2