Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge - Worlds Beyond  (Read 27782 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Worlds Beyond
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2014, 08:12:50 pm »

"Quick question! What limitations are there on what this power can do? I suppose what I mean is... Exactly how ridiculous can I get with the transformations? And other than the life drain, what other side effects are there?"
Take a closer look at this text!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2014, 08:22:22 pm »

Use the power of the elements and take control of the fire turning it into a twister then sending it flying at Azum
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2014, 08:50:01 pm »

"Quick question! What limitations are there on what this power can do? I suppose what I mean is... Exactly how ridiculous can I get with the transformations? And other than the life drain, what other side effects are there?"

To be honest, I'm inclined to make it almost everything, but with a nerf to OP transformations.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2014, 09:46:17 pm »

((...DIIIIIIIIIIICE! Is there any chance I'll gain an ability that gives a bonus to controlling my summons at some point? Also, can I have more than 1 summon active at a time? Also also, if I were to die or dismiss the summon, would Katib go back to his cell?))

"Katib, I call you back to me. I request your assistance. I want you to kill Azum!"

Call Katib back to kill Azum.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2014, 10:10:13 pm »

((...DIIIIIIIIIIICE! Is there any chance I'll gain an ability that gives a bonus to controlling my summons at some point? Also, can I have more than 1 summon active at a time? Also also, if I were to die or dismiss the summon, would Katib go back to his cell?))

"Katib, I call you back to me. I request your assistance. I want you to kill Azum!"

No.
Yes, but it'll take a lot of practice.
Yes.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2014, 11:17:25 pm »

Commune with the dreamworld (sleep)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 09, 2014, 03:37:46 am »

Cautiously descend down the stairs.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 09, 2014, 07:55:38 pm »

Turn 028

[4] You ask him your questions on transfiguration as he laughs :
Quote from: Azrael
With transfiguration, the sky is the limit! Of course, it all requires power and time. Remember, there's always a bad side with it. The rules of logic sort of apply when transforming. Don't ask to turn into a god or deity because bad things might happen. There aren't really side-effects with life draining, it's a scary thing that can happen when failed too many times. However, you may learn to use magic without it consuming any life essence, but consuming mana which is unlimited in this world, but hard to find.

Use the power of the elements and take control of the fire turning it into a twister then sending it flying at Azum
[3 - 2 = 1] You call on the powers of the element to summon a fire that'll form into a twister and launch itself at Azum. The energy fills with you as you try to maintain it, you focus it into the palms of your hand as your hands explode with fire! [Damage : 4 + 1 = 5] Luckily, controlling the elements has come to use as the fire seemingly fades away. Sweat begins to drip from your forehead.

((I'm crying over a book, wonderful.))

Stay very still.
"Who are you?"
[5] You pause and look at the heat gaze. You begin asking for it's identity. The gaze solidifies as Katib appears. He immediately jumps at you, dagger in hand. It's a few centimeters away from your face as he stops.
Quote from: Katib
I smell my summoner's scent on you...you're allies, I presume.
You nod in agreement as he simply walks away into a gaze.

[3] You focus your bond with Katib calling for him, you feel him, but you feel like you need to force him to come. [Response : 4] A wind blows by you as he appears right by your side. It seems he already knows what you're about to say because he quickly dashes towards Azum, dagger in hand. [Azum's Dodge : 2 + 1 = 3, Damage : 5 + 1 = 6] Azum quickly parries the dagger and forces Katib back. They lock eye contact as Katib strikes again! [Azum's Dodge : 6 + 1 = 6] Azum seems to have already predicted Katib's fighting pattern and quickly side-steps his jab and shoots demonic fire at Katib. [Katib's Dodge : 4 + 1 = 5] Katib quickly jumps up from the fire, avoiding it.

Commune with the dreamworld (sleep)
[4] You walk towards the bed and lie down and sleep. You're in a dream, filled with pizza!

Cautiously descend down the stairs.
[4] You carefully step down the stairs, trying to examine the source of light.  You get closer as you come to realize it's an orb! It radiates inside with many colors of energy. There seems to be no one near it. It rests on a circular table.

Quote from: Azum
Encage this archangel!
[5] The fiery cage that Mark is in forms an arm that chases down Katib! [Dodge : 6] Katib quickly outruns the arm and slides behind Azum before stabbing his dagger out! [Dodge : 2 - 1 + 1 - 1 = 1, Damage : 5 - 1 + 1 = 5] It seems as though Azum was not affected by the blade at all because it enters his body but he makes no notice of it. Katib quickly pulls it out and gets back...

Quote from: Katib
Furious of his dagger failing him, he infuses holy magic into it and hits Azum!
[5] Katib quickly pokes Azum, making him turn towards him as he slides under him and jabs again! [Dodge : 6 - 1 + 1 - 1 = 5] Azum quickly counters this with his sword that he just summoned.

Quote from: Fallen Angels
They slowly fly down to the ground.

Background : [6 + 1 = 6] The marks glow again! However, the light isn't so blinding as everybody receives intel of their goal, the voice whispers, but is clear enough, unity of the siblings will result in the passage to the new world.

Statuses :
Spoiler: "Lyeos" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Mark" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Idaros" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "TamerVirus" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Beirus" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Observer" (click to show/hide)

NPC's :
Spoiler: "Gilean -Allied-" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Amber -Allied-" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Amsa -Neutral-" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Azum -Hostile-" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "The Fallen Angels" (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:08:59 pm by Ethereal »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 09, 2014, 07:57:45 pm »

"Fair enough, I suppose. What about partial transformations? Like, say, simply adding claws, or tougher flesh? Or wings? Would that be possible?"

Wait for an answer, thank him for his time, then wake up.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:12:46 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 09, 2014, 08:05:53 pm »

Meditate on protecting myself from the cage
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 09, 2014, 08:06:21 pm »

The dialogue bit was what I was meant to ask him.

Wake up or something.

Bah, I'm stupid. Retcon-ing the turn right now. Done!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:09:15 pm by Ethereal »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 09, 2014, 09:49:32 pm »

((I'm hoping Katib is angry enough at Azum that he won't bail on me. He'll keep on fighting without my input for now, right? Also, if I used Mark of Equality on him, it would make him more angelic, right? That's what it would seem from the ability's description.))

Search for a weapon so I can help Katib fight Azum.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 09, 2014, 10:11:31 pm »

((I'm hoping Katib is angry enough at Azum that he won't bail on me. He'll keep on fighting without my input for now, right? Also, if I used Mark of Equality on him, it would make him more angelic, right? That's what it would seem from the ability's description.))

Search for a weapon so I can help Katib fight Azum.

The Mark of Equality is a different ability. It allows for you to summon another monster from Celestia herself. Since you've never used it before, you get to choose which property it'll use.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 09, 2014, 11:49:54 pm »

((Would that summon replace Katib,  or does each ability have its own summon independent if the other? Seems like it would be good to know before I try it and accidentally send the Archangel back to his cell. By the way, nice job with the world building and abilities. They are awesome.))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:32:13 am by Beirus »

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 10, 2014, 06:44:54 am »

((Would that summon replace Katib,  or does each ability have its own summon independent if the other? Seems like it would be good to know before I try it and accidentally send the Archangel back to his cell. By the way, nice job with the world building and abilities. They are awesome.))

It depends. Of course, there will be a roll for the control of having more than one summon on the field.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20