Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge - Worlds Beyond  (Read 27897 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Worlds Beyond
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2014, 12:21:57 pm »

South?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Briehn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2014, 03:24:09 pm »

Prepare for battle.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2014, 04:13:43 pm »

((I have a mark? Where did that come from? And sorry for nitpicking but how can Gilean tense up and prepare for something bad when he's unconscious?))

Quietly pick up some rocks while negotiating with the new arrivals.
"Who might you be?"

Completely my fault, I had automatically assumed you had a mark because of your action.
And yes, that is also true, thank you for noticing.
Edited.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2014, 04:17:20 pm »

((Uh, back on reply 146, turn 11, I was put in a cage. Not that I'm complaining about it being gone now!))

((Nevermind, just reread it.))
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:19:02 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2014, 04:19:10 pm »

((Uh, back on reply 146, turn 11, I was put in a cage. Not that I'm complaining about it being gone now!))

Yes, but Briehn's action had melted the cage.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2014, 06:08:59 pm »

Get the splinters out while watching for an attack

((+2 to healing go))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2014, 07:07:50 pm »

Awkwardly waits for Mr.Smurfingtonthethird.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2014, 07:11:47 pm »

Huh. This is the only thread I'm involved in where one of the players is the one holding up the update. Well, other than another RtD. I like it!
Take a closer look at this text!

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2014, 07:13:48 pm »

Huh. This is the only thread I'm involved in where one of the players is the one holding up the update. Well, other than another RtD. I like it!

Meh, it's how I roll. Get it? Roll? No? Okay.
Someone PM Smurfington...I really wanna see if anyone dies next turn.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2014, 07:18:50 pm »

*flails arms*

Find more water and/or food.

You nearly always post a second update just after your last one and I always miss it >.<
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:24:17 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2014, 08:48:25 pm »

Turn 014

Lyeos gets up, then walks south and waves at the man whose eyes are showing, expecting him to be reasonably friendly.

((Wait, does the Emblem of Altercation(Alteration?) allow me to swap bodies with another being, or just become another kind of organism?))
[5] You get up from your spot and walk south towards the five humans. You pass the humans with a mask and a sword/shield embedded on their robes and stand face-to-face with the middle man, whose eyes seem to be constantly changing. You look deep into his eyes and feel as though you're getting sucked in. You pull yourself together and begin to ask him of your group's goal. He spits on your feet and you look at them. You look back up and try it again. He opens his mouth,
Azreal, why have you chosen such a pesky human to be another disciple...
Ending that sentence, he pushes his palm downwards, towards the bottom of your feet. The spit that still lies on your feet becomes a chain locking your feet to the ground! You're now immobilized. The lady towards the left, with a symbol of thunder on her robe begins to speak,
Calm down, Aphiel. You don't wouldn't want to hurt your brother, now would you?
Quote from: Aphiel
How dare you speak my name! He is not my brother, Azrael made a mistake, obviously. How could this pest have any power to use magic? He's human!
And so are you. Aphiel, let's just continue with our plan.
Aphiel and his group look around the forest, as if analyzing it. Then, the lady with the thunder symbol closes her eyes and disappears.

South?
[6] You begin to ignore the five human figures in the center of the forest and head south. You walk south while looking back. BUMP. You jump back and look at what you bumped into. It's the man with a thunder mark on his robe!
Brother! It's so nice to finally meet you. I'm Dalpha, the God of Lightning. Unfortunately, my master's plan calls for you to be executed, and I always succeed with my plans.
Dalpha prepares to hit you.

Prepare for battle.
[4] You look at the remaining four humans and look at the man with a book in his hands. You seem to notice that he's looking at you too. You prepare a defensive pose (+1 to next dodge).

((I have a mark? Where did that come from? And sorry for nitpicking but how can Gilean tense up and prepare for something bad when he's unconscious?))

Quietly pick up some rocks while negotiating with the new arrivals.
"Who might you be?"
[1] You look at Lyeos and see that his plan did not work out so well. You decide to wait it out.

Get the splinters out while watching for an attack

((+2 to healing go))
[5] You look towards the center of the forest and notice that you're fine to begin plucking the splinters out. You take your right hand and begin plucking the splinters on your left hand. [Heal : 6 + 2 = 6, Pain : 5] You pluck all the splinters and and heal your hand. It's now and clean as ever. You take your left hand and begin plucking the splinters off your right hand. [Heal : 4 + 2 = 6, Pain : 5] Like your right hand, your left hand is able to fully take out all the splinters without hurting your hand. You look back towards the center of the forest and copy Briehn's defensive stance (+1 to next dodge).

*flails arms*

Find more water and/or food.

You nearly always post a second update just after your last one and I always miss it >.<
[2] You look at the stream of water and notice it's empty. You also can't find any food to supply yourself with.

Let the pests sink.
[5 + 1 = 6] Aphiel looks around and gets a look at every one of you. He moves his arm in a motion that resembles a circle. As he slowly does this, he mumbles few words that no one understood or heard. As he closes the circle, he yells his last chant!
Sink!
Everyone looks down and realizes that they are surrounded by their own puddle of quicksand. Aphiel begins to laugh at you as if he's waiting for you to drown. However, you also notice that Aphiel is seemingly moving his hands, you all begin to realize that he is controlling the quicksand with his hands, but of course, it must be difficult.
[Lerman's Reaction : 5] Lerman decides it's time to test out his abilities. He summons the power of Azel to change the look of Aphiel's hands. [Luck : 4] You pull out enough energy to change his hands to resemble those of a monkeys. Aphiel yelps as he notices his hands change. He begins to flail his arms and doing so stops the quicksand. Everyone stands up from their terrifying moment. [Life Essence : 5] Lerman doesn't seem to be affected at all. You begin to tense as your body falls into a heavy fatigue.

(No more reaction rolls due to Lerman releasing you all from quicksand.)

Trickery! Mali, show him what foolery truly is.
The lady to the right of him steps out.
Quote from: Mali
Gladly.
[Aphiel's Life Essence : 1 + 1 = 3] Aphiel staggers as his body begins to tire out, moments after, he stands back up.

(Mali will attack next turn)

Quote from: Dalpha
Paralyze my brother...for eternity!
[4 + 1 = 5] Dalpha begins to chant words that Dermonster can't understand. The sky rumbles as Dermonster notices a storm appears. After a while of Dalpha chanting, Dermonster decides to step back a few. Lightning strikes down on Dalpha! [Damage : 2 + 1 + 2 = 5] Dalpha absorbs the lightning as it surges around him. Dalpha's eyes begin to whiten as they are filled with lightning, her chant becomes louder as she begins to go in a trance, surrounded by lightning.

Background : [5] Gilean and Amber seem to have gone missing. To the west, everyone notices smoke arise from the inner forest. To the south, is more smoke! The two other humans must be the cause of this.

Statuses :
Spoiler: "Lerman" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Dermonster" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Lyeos" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Briehn" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Hellhound" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Idaros" (click to show/hide)

NPC's :
Spoiler: "Gilean -Allied-" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Amber -Allied-" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Aphiel -Hostile-" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Dalpha -Hostile-" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 01:56:19 pm by Ethereal »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2014, 08:50:35 pm »

Quickly move someone else between me and her. Runes! Do something!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2014, 08:55:51 pm »

Try and use abilities to bash turd out of Aphiel.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:12:43 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2014, 08:56:29 pm »

Quickly move someone else between me and her. Runes! Do something!

Nevermind.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 01:54:59 pm by Ethereal »

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2014, 09:38:14 pm »

((Apparently I'm still standing next to Amber.))

Throw rocks at Mali to distract her from completing the spell.

Fixed!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20