Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Roll to Battle Monsters: Sky Lands of Many Names (New Players Wanted) (IRTD)  (Read 9284 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

I would like to join, if there is still room. Character sheet will come later.
There is still room, yes. And I'll update in 3-5 hours.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Nick off some kobold's weapon
Auto-fail. The kobolds don't have weapons.

Charge at Kobold A. Perform an awesome staff combo to bash him down.
4+8+1 vs 6+3
You charge Kobold A, and deal 4 damage to him.

Crak the kobold in the head with the pan, then conjure sauce down his throat!
4+7+1 vs 3+3
You deal 6 damage to Kobold D. One attack action per turn, though.

Hack Kobold B into chunks. With my axe.
6+8+1 vs 4+3
Overkill! You hack the bastard into little chunks, dealing 8 damage to his puny 4 HP. Kobold B is dead.

Kobold Turn
Kobold C is still pissing himself.

Engage KA in a vicious hand-to-hand combat!
1+9 vs 4
You deal 6 damage to the Kobold currently engaged in battle with S'kvirr.. He's got 1 HP left.

Shoot KD
5+1 vs 4
While Kobold D is engaged in battle with Hamm, you provide long range support via bow and arrow, dealing 2 damage. He's got 4 HP left.

Inventory from previous turn applies.
Spoiler: Enemy Health (click to show/hide)
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

((These kobolds are barely fighting back. My worst case attack is 1+8+1. The kobolds' best case attack is 6+3. Do the math. We even outnumber them, so they're the only ones who might take some of those resist-only backstabs.))

Finish Kobold A off.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

((Yeah, but this meant more as a tutorial fight where you'll definitely win more than anything. ))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

((Proper tutorial fight must end up with half of the party dead and the rest desperately trying to ressurect them by kicking Death himself  8)))

Check party members for any damage and bandage injured.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

((And this isn't the tutorial fight proper, but the fight that shows you how in the nine circles of hell damage is calculated. The tutorial fight is a boss, and no I'm not spoiling anything. He was mentioned in the previous thread, after all.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hey kobold, can you smellllllllllll what the axe is cooking?"
Charge kobold C and axe him.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

((If only I could do something in fights besides whacking people with a stick. The next fight better include a spellcaster enemy.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

((I was just about to post why you couldn't cast but thenI realised you have to copy spells via being hit by them.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Shoot KC
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Name: Aryabi
Race: Kobold
Class: Bowman
Subskills:
Multishot
Incendiary Arrow

Skill:
Stamina:
Strength: 5
Speed: 10
HP:
Resist:
Bio: Aryabi has never liked this whole skulking thing that kobolds do. He disliked it so much that he had taken to returning stolen goods to their previous owners. This didn't sit well with other kobolds, and was kicked out of his home cave. He has since traveled around trying to recruit other like-minded individuals, without success, and doing a bit of mercenary work.
Colour:Orange
Description: A small, grey humanoid with long ears and yellow glowing eyes. He is quite tall, for kobold standards.

((I hope I got everything right.))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

"Huh, seriously? Fine."

Steal kobold C's spleen
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Now conjure sauce down Kobold D's throat
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

"Huh, seriously? Fine."

Steal kobold C's spleen
3. You steal Kobold Bs spleen instead from his dead body.

((These kobolds are barely fighting back. My worst case attack is 1+8+1. The kobolds' best case attack is 6+3. Do the math. We even outnumber them, so they're the only ones who might take some of those resist-only backstabs.))

Finish Kobold A off.
4+8+1 vs 4+3
Overkill! Kobold A is dead.

Now conjure sauce down Kobold D's throat
5+1 vs 4
You deal 2 damage to Kobold D.

"Hey kobold, can you smellllllllllll what the axe is cooking?"
Charge kobold C and axe him.
2+8+1 vs 2+3
You deal 6 damage to Kobold C.

Kobold Turn
All Kobolds are In Battle.

((Proper tutorial fight must end up with half of the party dead and the rest desperately trying to ressurect them by kicking Death himself  8)))

Check party members for any damage and bandage injured.
Auto-fail. No one is injured.
Shoot KC
1+1 vs 4
Your arrow glances off Kobold Cs skin.

Suddenly, another Kobold warps into the area. This one is unconscious and appears stronger than the rest. It appeared via the same method as your though, so it probably isn't hostile.

Spoiler: Enemy Health (click to show/hide)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Introduce the pan to Kobold D's shin and FINISH HIM!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7