Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Eidolon (closed and retired)  (Read 15404 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: Eidolon (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #165 on: June 24, 2014, 12:04:24 pm »

I-I'm sorry to ask you this, but.. [beat] Are there any more of those sandwiches..? The captain's eyes twinkle.
+1 all of my yes.
Yes.
+1

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2014, 09:25:38 pm »

I-I'm sorry to ask you this, but.. [beat] Are there any more of those sandwiches..? The captain's eyes twinkle.
+1 all of my yes.
Yes.
+1
+1 for the lols

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2014, 04:29:29 pm »

Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

blazing glory

« Reply #168 on: June 28, 2014, 04:33:35 pm »

No questions admiral,can you send in Lt Donal on your way out?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2014, 08:47:40 am »

I'm sorry about the long delay, I'm having trouble with my sleep schedule and it's making my life hell, I hope to get the next section up by the end of the week.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2014, 09:41:02 am »

+1 all of my yes.
Yes.
+1
+1 for the lols
+1

Also Ask him: What the Rest of the Generals want?

Also ask him about the Enemy since well...we know so little.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 05, 2014, 03:34:22 pm »

That sandwich was way to good, "Well sir, I'd like to know if you have any idea what High Command wants with me?"
The admiral rubs the bridge of his nose, "Half of them want to canonize you, most of the rest want to interrogate you for several weeks, and one of them wants to have you executed.  Not an enviable position to be in, and you'll likely get the worst of it, they've already pulled their inquisition bit on the rest of us."
"Ouch, doesn't really sound like much fun, any chance I can pull a weak sister and get out of it?"  Starting to feel a bit peckish now, another one of those sandwiches would be awesome.
"After you wiped the floor with most of the Ocarai elites?  I think you'll be lucky if they don't have you sedated and restrained."  Kruschev laughs.
Your eyes dart across the nightstand, looking for a call button, "Thank you sir, is there anything else?"  Ha!  Found it!
"No I don't think so, I hope we'll have the opportunity to meet again, captain."
Grabbing the call button as the Admiral departs, you quickley depress it, "Nurses' station?"
"Yes captain?  This is George, How can I help you?"
Excellent, "George, are there any more of those turkey sandwiches?  I really feel hungry."
"No problem sir, I'll bring along a platter in a few moments, do you want to see Lt. Donal now?"
"Yes, absolutely, and thanks George."

Mission: Talk to the only other person who feels your pain
Reaver: unknown
Location: private room, 101st floor, Olympus Mons Federal hospital

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 05, 2014, 03:56:06 pm »

"Hey hey Lt. Donal, glad to see your alive. By any chance do you know why the Top brass may want me executed for pulling a hat trick back at...shut we're were we fighting again?"

"Also, important question..That General Alfe..  is she at least an 8 bro man? After all that I just want to see something pretty and smiley."

Also hear what he has to say.

blazing glory

« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2014, 04:25:01 pm »

How did you survive the attack Lieutenant?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2014, 05:28:23 pm »

Hey, Lt. Donal, glad to see you're alive. By any chance do you know why the Top brass may want me executed for pulling that hat trick back at the colony?
+1, but in english (you need to practice a bit 3man)

I'm interested to hear his story as well.

blazing glory

« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2014, 05:47:34 pm »

(Only one of them wants us executed,and it's probably because at one or two view points it may look like we're collaborating with the enemy to rise in the ranks or whatever,after all,one of them didn't kill us when it had the chance.)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2014, 05:56:28 pm »

Makes sense.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2014, 08:26:03 pm »

Hey, Lt. Donal, glad to see you're alive. By any chance do you know why the Top brass may want me executed for pulling that hat trick back at the colony?
+1, but in english (you need to practice a bit 3man)

I'm interested to hear his story as well.
I'm on my android phone and it auto corrects everything bro. Give me a break..

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 12, 2014, 04:57:44 am »

George quicky shows up with the promised sandwiches, and just a few moments after he deposits the rather sizable cooler tray and departs, the door opens a bit and admits the slim, nearly feminine, frame of Leiutenant Jorgen Donal.  Standing a paltry 5' 6" and likely massing less than 110 Lbs. Donal really doesn't seem cut out for military life, he wears his hair at exactly regulation 2 inches, has no facial hair to speak of, but bears several very noticable scars.
"Hey, Captain."  The Lt. seems very nervous, and more than a bit uncomfortable.
"Hey, Donal, c'mon and have a seat."
Sitting doesn't seem to be helping with the nervousness much, Donal fidgets, "I, uh...  I wasn't sure you'd want to see me after what happened at Noctis... Sir."
"You can cut the 'sir' Donal, I'm very off-duty, and would just like a bit of normalcy for a while."  How the hell does the hospital rate grade S tank meat, this turkey is unbelievable.  "Those look recently healed, are they from the battle?"
Donal starts a bit at that, then rubs at the scars on his arms and face, "Uh, yes...  When the missiles hit the control tower I was in the sensor dome, falling glass..."  He shudders a bit.  "That's how the Colonel died, a shard through the abdomen."
A few moments pass, the image is a hard one for you, Colonel  Clara Haim was a friend of your mother's from her stay in the service.  She had always been hard on you, but in a good way.  "I see, I'll miss her."  You offer a sandwich to Donal, and are actually a bit surprised when he accepts.  "Have you heard anything about what High Command wants with me?"
Donal takes a few bites, "Hey, this is good stuff!  The Fed troops are talking about Mars Guard being dissolved and rolled into the Federal Army, A lot of them think that you're going to be put in a training or command spot for the punitive expedition."
You just about choke on a bit of cheese, after several moments of coughing and a glass of water, "Punitive expedition?!?  We just got our asses handed to us on a damn platter and High Command wants to mount a punitive expedition?!"
Jorgen holds both hands out in front of him, "Don't look at me!  I'm not that kind of crazy, but all of the fed troops are talking about it, it's all over the streams, Terra wants some payback, and they figure that the only man to survive combat with the Ocarai is the man for the job."
"Okay, I can't even deal with that right now."  You scarf down another sandwich, "What about General Alfe?"
"The media is being pretty brutal about the whole thing, they've basicaly painted her as a complete failure, quite a turnaround from 'the hero of the Phobos Revolt'.  It's completely untrue and unfair, but I don't think anyone is going to be able to stop it.  Scuttlebutt says she's going to step down before the dismantling of the Guard."
"Fucking public opinion B.S., the Phobos insurrection isn't even five years old and they're willing to demonize her?  I was at Phobos, and Alfe is the most capable commander I've ever served with.  After the rebels blew the comms we had to hold out for two months before the guard managed to break through air cover and get us relief!  Anyone who tries to sell out Kira is getting my boot in their ass and my fist in their face!"  You grab the call button and stab it, "George?"
"Captain, your vitals have spiked are you alright?"
"I feel lovely George, I think I'm going to take a walk with Donal and meet up with general Alfe.  Then I'm going to brutalize the first reporter I meet, and kill the second, the third?  That reporter gets to walk out, with a message for the press."  You've already disconnected the moniters, and are looking for some sturdy hospital issue grays.
"Can I talk you out of that Captain?  I don't think the doc would mind, but it won't look to good for the hospital."
Donal interrupts, "Lind, calm down, I'm sure the brass will find some way to smooth things over, then general Alfe won't be in the limelight and can get back to a normal life."
You pull a set out of a cabinet, "Nope, no more fuckery.  I've had it, I did not lose every single person under my command, and every person who's ever given a damn about me, so that Kira can be the fall guy for the ungrateful masses."  Pulling the grays on quickly and crossing to the door, you listen carefully to the sounds of orderlies gathering outside the room.  Smiling to yourself you casually kick the door out of it's frame, and into the mass of burly men outside.  You relieve one of the dazed guards of his stun baton and make short work of the disorganised group, Donal stares with a mixture of awe and terror.
"Holy hells Lind, these are fed troops!  We're gonna get in serious trouble for this!"
"Do you know what Ocarai call warriors who stand above all others?  They call them 'Eidolon', a spirit, untouchable by mere mortals."  A pair of guards approach warily, stun batons at the ready, a low kick followed by two swift blows sends them to dreamland.  "The leader of the Ocarai armies is called 'Warmaster' and is revered as a living god.  The Warmaster was the last of those hostiles out there that day, and he called me the 'Eidolon of Humanity', before he left."  You give George a nod as you pass the nurses' station, he smirks a bit and nods.  "So if I am an Eidolon, I'd better act like it hadn't I?"

Mission: Warning!  Plot detected!  Ass kicking commences!
Reaver: unknown
Location: elevator, 101st floor, Olympus Mons Federal hospital
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:01:53 am by NullForceOmega »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2014, 05:49:22 am »

Hunt down those damn reporters. Dispatch guards along the way with the stun baton.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15