Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Eidolon (closed and retired)  (Read 15403 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Eidolon (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2014, 02:38:52 pm »

"Well, doctor, I think I'd like to know who's out there before I decide who I'll talk to."
The doctor smiles thinly, "Well, first is High Admiral Kruschev, he's been very patient and you are here at his urging.  Next would be Mars Colonial General Alfe, I think she's here mostly to check up on you, as you're literally the last combat soldier she has.  After that we have Federal High Command, all five of them are camping in the lobby waiting to pick your brain over the battle, I'd personaly like to give them the boot, but I'd probably be removed in an hour if I did.  Last is Lt. Donal, he was the only other survivor of Noctis, they pulled him out of the smoking wreckage of tower three.  He's been very worried about you"
George, the nurse, returns witha glass of water and a turkey sandwich on white bread, with tomato, lettuce, and cheese.

Mission: unknown
Reaver: unknown
Location: private room, 101st floor, Olympus Mons Federal hospital
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2014, 02:42:43 pm »

Okay, they haven't managed to set up a militia, they didn't have an strategic reserves, and they were afraid to use their largest weaponry first.

Now, I vote we see the High Admiral first, after all, while we have been doing fancy stuff, it's he that has won the battle.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2014, 02:44:59 pm »

Yeah, eat the sandvich and talk to the High Admiral.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2014, 03:04:02 pm »

Yeah, eat the sandvich and talk to the High Admiral.
+1.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2014, 03:28:37 pm »

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2014, 03:33:07 pm »

Omnomnomnomnomnom!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2014, 03:34:54 pm »

High Admiral Kruschev
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Let the Lieutenant Donal and General Alfe in.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile

blazing glory

« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2014, 06:49:35 pm »

I think we should talk to Lt. Donal.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2014, 01:27:07 am »

PTW
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2014, 12:06:00 pm »

The High Admiral and Lt. Donal.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2014, 05:10:54 am »

The turkey on this sandwich is perfect, and you savor every bite.  About half a minute after you finish, the door opens quietly and Admiral Kruschev enters.  The admiral is easily six and a half feet tall (sorry, bad at metric conversion) and, while very thin, a massively imposing figure.  He walks silently to a nearby chair and asks, "Do you mind if I sit Captain?  It's been a rather long day keeping High Command entertained."
"Certainly, Sir.  You wanted to speak with me?"
"Oh yes, indeed, it's not everyday that I get to speak with someone who has pulled off what you have.  After that dropship got past our screening force and we started getting reports of units being wiped out, I thought I was defending a dead world.  The IFF transponder on your reaver was the only thing that kept me from pulling the fleet back to Earth."  He pauses for several moments, "Do you have any idea how many lives you saved down there captain?  After four months of sweeping the wreckage of Noctis colony I can say with certainty that you saved ninety percent of the population of Mars."
You stare blankly for several seconds, ninety percent?  "What do you mean sir?  Didn't the Ocarai destroy the other cities first?"
"Surprisingly, no.  Apparently they decided to remove the defenders, then eliminate the civilians.  If you had not stopped them in Noctis, they would have killed everyone on the planet, and nothing could have prevented it."  He scratches at his gray-shot beard, "It tooks us most of the day to break the attacking fleet, you had been out for hours by the time we reached you, more than enough time for them to finish the planet.  There's very serious talk among High Command about presenting you with honors that don't even exist yet."

Go ahead and post any questions you want answered or anything you want to say to the Admiral.

Mission: Talk to various highly ranked persons
Reaver: unknown
Location: private room, 101st floor, Olympus Mons Federal hospital
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2014, 10:41:08 am »

I-I'm sorry to ask you this, but.. [beat] Are there any more of those sandwiches..? The captain's eyes twinkle.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2014, 10:45:17 am »

I-I'm sorry to ask you this, but.. [beat] Are there any more of those sandwiches..? The captain's eyes twinkle.
+1 all of my yes.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2014, 10:52:56 am »

+1 all of my yes.
Yes.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15