Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Eidolon (closed and retired)  (Read 15422 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: Eidolon (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2014, 01:28:55 pm »

Look around.
Can't do much else. +1

Ask for water to drink.
+1. Presumably we are being constantly monitored, so even if no one is in the room, they should still hear us.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2014, 02:32:31 am »

A quick survey tells you that you are in a private hospital room, probably civilian from the decor.  While you don't see any bandages, casts, or other signs of current injury, you feel pretty weak.  It is another few seconds before you realize you can't see from both eyes, a touch confirms that your right eye is covered by medical gauze.  Before you can further explore there is a knock at the door, and several persons enter, by their dress and manner you detirmine that they are medical personel.  As the door closes after them you see four heavily armed and very alert guards standing outside your room.
The oldest looking man in the group speaks, "Good evening captain Lind, I hope you're feeling better?"
"I suppose, how long have I been out?"
The doctor pulls up a nearby holo-display, "About four months, you were in extremely poor shape when they brought you in.  Though I think the manner of your arrival may have been more shocking, I didn't know that a Federal battleship could even make planetfall."
"What?"
"Oh yes, they couldn't get anything else with enough range, so they loaded you onto the Ares.  Thirteen kilometers of warship silently hovering over the mons was rather terrifying."  The doctor shuts the display down and turns to one of the nurses, "George, get the captain something to eat and drink, would you?  And I think we can dispense with the i.v."
The nurse walks briskly to the door and exits, one of the others quickly and efficiently removes the i.v. from your arm, the soreness starts immediately.
"Now then captain, are you feeling well enough for a visitor?  There are several very highly ranked and imposing men here to talk to you, I can tell them to wait or we can space out the meetings however you like.  They've been trying to apply pressure to us to wake you up so they can get their questions answered, but Olympus Mons bows to no force."

Mission: unknown
Reaver: unknown
Location: private room, 101st floor, Olympus Mons Federal hospital
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2014, 04:59:12 am »

Let them in.
Might as well, we'll see what they want.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2014, 05:01:47 am »

Ask who they are first.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2014, 06:16:52 am »

Let them in.
+1

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2014, 06:33:38 am »

Wonder why a 13 kilometer warship does not have an onboard hospital. You know, with them spending like months in space at a time.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2014, 06:34:47 am »

Wonder why a 13 kilometer warship does not have an onboard hospital. You know, with them spending like months in space at a time.
... that is a good question. Why the hell does a 13km spaceship not have an onboard hospital?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2014, 07:04:07 am »

... that is a good question. Why the hell does a 13km spaceship not have an onboard hospital?
It's been four months. It's likely we could've been transferred during that time.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2014, 07:15:59 am »

It's been four months. It's likely we could've been transferred during that time.
True, true.

blazing glory

« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2014, 07:56:52 am »

Ask who they are first.

Let them in.

+1

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2014, 08:10:02 am »

Ask who they are first.

And then let them in. Either way we deserve a purple heart...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2014, 08:32:39 am »

Ask who they are first.

Right, far more than that. We killed, singlehandedly, what the entire collected Earth forces could not kill. We're a beast.

I just want to know what became of the warmaster.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2014, 11:34:27 am »

Ask who they are first.

Right, far more than that. We killed, singlehandedly, what the entire collected Earth forces could not kill. We're a beast.

I just want to know what became of the warmaster.

How about tax exemptions?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2014, 01:34:53 pm »

Don't worry Gunin, you'll be seeing the Warmaster fairly soon.  As for 13 k battleship hospital, just how many injured do you think it can handle?  Facilities groundside are larger and better equipped for long-term care.  Also, there are no taxes, I could explain the system that allows the Federals to do this, but not right now.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2014, 02:33:41 pm »

Don't worry Gunin, you'll be seeing the Warmaster fairly soon.

As for 13 k battleship hospital, just how many injured do you think it can handle?  Facilities groundside are larger and better equipped for long-term care.
Nice.

That's what I figured. I wouldn't be surprised if we never set foot on the ship and they just medevaced us to the hospital we're at right now.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15