Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Eidolon (closed and retired)  (Read 15432 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Eidolon (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2014, 06:47:22 am »

Anyway, question.

Is our AI capable of piloting the mech automatically?
Are we capable of standing unsupported by the mech?
Are we capable of surviving outside the mech?

If yes to all 3, we should challenge the Okaria to single combat, without mechs, after he has done his little exposition.

((And obviously have our mech shoot him.))

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
  • What?! I've never even heard of 4chan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2014, 06:56:56 am »

Anyway, question.

Is our AI capable of piloting the mech automatically?
Are we capable of standing unsupported by the mech?
Are we capable of surviving outside the mech?

If yes to all 3, we should challenge the Okaria to single combat, without mechs, after he has done his little exposition.

((And obviously have our mech shoot him.))
Insert something that would make you think I'm clever here

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2014, 08:11:39 am »

For a fleeting moment you consider challenging the newt to a face to face fight, then the unholy pain of your physical state overwhelms you, so you settle for talking, as far as you know this is the only time an Ocarai warrior has spoken to a human.  "Once it became apparent that holding all our colonies was impossible, high command decided to pull every single warship we had back to our home system, the intent was to defend the last bastions of our species with an all-in effort.  I guess it's working."
The Ocarai manages to sound impressed, "Truly, your vessels are powerful beyond our imagining.  And such a strategy shows that we have misjudged you, we believed you incapable of considered thought."
A pause of several seconds allows you to survey your surroundings, you are still within the rail tunnel, the walls glow cherry red even after hours of cooling.  You don't see anything that might be helpful to you.  Before the Ocarai can begin again you interject, "Honor seems important to you, why attack civilians who cannot defend themselves?"
"Even I, the Warmaster of the Ocarai, answer to the Emperor, and the Emperor demands the death of your species as proof of our destiny.  My ruler has seen your people spread from your world, and your ability to reshape worlds to suit you, and he is displeased."  Another pause, then, "But if you intended to defeat us here, why are you the only human left to fight?  Your soldiers fell like cut grass before us."
"The majority of our ground forces are gathered on Earth, our homeworld.  We knew that if we couldn't stop your fleet here we would have to fight for every inch of our world.  As for why I'm the only one ti fight you here, I guess I pulled the short straw, your opening attack killed every other pilot we had on Mars."  Reading your displays a cold realization comes upon you, the internal O2 supply is down to three percent, the air within the tunnel must be to hot for the exchangers, you are going to suffocate if you can't get outside fast.

Mission: Protect civilians in western outer ring hab block, engage enemy as needed.
Reaver:
Main body: armor 40, hp 120/300
left arm: armor 25, hp 70/150
right arm: armor 25, hp 80/150
left leg: armor 30, hp 100/200
right leg: amor 30, hp 50/200
Right hand weapon: Bose Hurricane dual stage focused concussion sonic cannon: 100 AP, 20 damage, unlimited payload (cabled).
Right shoulder weapon: 'Duke' dismounted particle-beam cannon: 100 AP, 500 damage, charging (internal fusion core, particle collection grid).
Left shoulder weapon: 3M Hellstar electro-magnetic linear mass-driver: ignores armor, 200 damage, 0 rounds (clip magazine) 4 additional magazines.
Utility weapon: 'Avatar' plasma sword: 40 AP, 30 damage 120 minutes use (recharges when stowed).
Location: Western hab block, Niven inter-continental rail station.  Labyrinthus Noctis, Mars.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2014, 08:17:15 am »

Continue to talk, then mid-sentence we shoot him with the Duke and run out. Reload the Hellstar on the way.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2014, 08:23:36 am »

The other option is, to blast a ventilation shaft upwards, to allow for exchange of air.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2014, 08:32:35 am »

Which he could take as a hostile act and get the first shot off.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2014, 09:00:50 am »

Indeed, it seems like we don't have much choice. Though we could always ask him to let us leave first.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2014, 09:08:47 am »

I doubt that would work, his species is dedicated to wiping humans out all across the universe, but I suppose would could say that - and then shoot him in the face mid-sentence.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2014, 12:57:38 pm »

Ask him if he would mind putting a hole in the roof so we don't suffocate as he talks.

Then ask is the emperor still the most able if he has that mindset?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2014, 05:16:01 pm »

Ask him if he would mind putting a hole in the roof so we don't suffocate as he talks.

Then ask is the emperor still the most able if he has that mindset?
+1 Let's be nice and explain that we're going to suffocate in a moment.

Do you and your cadre believe in what your emperor asks?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:17:45 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2014, 10:53:00 am »

"I guess it doesn't matter anyway," the realization of failure robs you of energy, "In a few moments I'll run out of air, and you'll have won.  I hope your emperor will be pleased, you certainly managed to put us in our place."
The Ocarai's raises one of his arms, and casually blows the tunnel apart, "I think that today enough humans have died, live, if your injuries permit it.  What you do not know, Eidolon, is that your fleets have destroyed ours, we cannot press the attack."  The Warmaster sounds troubled, "and to make our failure complete, all of this was being transmitted, live and uninterrupted, to our civilian and slave population.  After this, our emperor will be cast down, and we will spend many years quieting unrest and rebuilding our armies.  Eidolon of humanity, your victory is total this day, farewell."
Dumbstruck, you sit, as if waiting for the punchline.  A mixture of terror and releif fills you, and soon the welcoming embrace of unconsciousness enfolds you.

High above, the fleets of humanity, battered but triumphant, begin organising relief missions to Mars.  Within hours the news comes back of the unparalled destruction wrought at Labyrinthus Noctis colony, almost fifty percent of the civilian populace has been wiped out, and the entire garrison has been obliterated.  A critically injured com officer, pulled from the shattered husk of section three's control tower, refused treatment until a dispatch was sent to locate Captain Adrien Lind, of the Noctis Colonial Guard.  After many hours of searching, the shattered frame of Reaver 5-5 was located, nearby, a massive sword of Ocarai make was found, embedded in a titanium hyper-diamond support strut.  Captain Lind had suffered major injuries to most of his body, and spent many months in a medically induced coma, undergoing full body reconstruction.

You feel a cool draft on your face, and a strange pressure near your left elbow, soft sheets cover your body.  You right leg is numb, and your right side is sore, a cold light shines on you from above.

Mission: unknown
Reaver: unknown
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2014, 11:01:13 am »

Look around.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2014, 11:19:39 am »

Look around.
Can't do much else. +1

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2014, 06:24:09 pm »

I'm curious as to what happened to the warmaster, he's a pretty cool dude.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2014, 10:06:06 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15