Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Eidolon (closed and retired)  (Read 15436 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Eidolon (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2014, 09:04:37 pm »

There are 2 guys left, IIRC.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2014, 09:10:13 pm »

Yep.

I'm surprised the alium fleet got trashed so easily. You get those kinds of preconceptions from playing too much XCOM.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2014, 01:24:50 am »

Yes, but it's not because they're bad in close quarters that we aren't as well. We beat the last guys in long range, then finished them of closeby.

Well, let's see what happens.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2014, 09:36:59 pm »

Yes, but it's not because they're bad in close quarters that we aren't as well. We beat the last guys in long range, then finished them of closeby.
The GM flat out said that the Ocarai are bad at close quarters. I even quoted it. I don't think it's any mistaken wording on his part. Obviously he was left even more disadvantaged by the fact we hammered him first, but I think they must not be equipped or experienced with CQB. Going underground was the right decision.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2014, 09:51:12 pm »

Probably won't be able to get an update in this weekend, but I saw the argument forming here and wanted to give you some food for thought.  Everything I have said has been from either the Captain, or the Warmaster's personal veiwpoint, don't assume that I'm telling you everything.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2014, 09:55:17 pm »

Welp. *throws hands up* Forget everything I said!

EDIT: I guess we're likely fucked now that we don't even know if moving underground gives us any sort of advantage.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2014, 10:01:15 pm »

Welp. *throws hands up* Forget everything I said!

EDIT: I guess we're likely fucked now that we don't even know if moving underground gives us any sort of advantage.

Have our long range weaponry ready to fire behind debris. They ((meta gaming here) only do 1v1 so let's pick them off that way and ask HQ or tower 3 or whoever when we can be relieved. Our injuries may start stinging anytime now.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Careful inspection of the mag-lev station shows that it has suffered far too much damage to be of any use as a disruptor field.  Taking the better part of half an hour to set the area up to your advantage, and the whole time your AI, Sana, NEVER SHUTS UP.
"Captain, captain!  We have sustained massive damage to all systems, we must immediately report for maintenance!"
"There are no maintenance stations Sana, shut up."
"Captain!  In accordance with directive 7-a you should immediately cease all strenuous activities, you are very badly injured and without medical assistance may die!"
"Sana, if there is any medical aid to be had then it would be better served to assist civilian evacuees.  Shut up."
"Captain, this structure is unstable, you should evacuate to safer ground right now!"
"The tunnel is stable Sana, I'm readying a trap for the Ocarai.  Now be quiet."
"Captain!  I am unable to contact any local or regional defense headquarters, we have to make every attempt to re-establish communications with command!"
"Blood of Hel Sana, local command got blown to hell two hours ago!  We have to try to distract or neutralize the remaining hostiles in the city so the evacuation can continue."
"Captain!  We have to try to locate reinforcements, attempting to engage multiple hostiles in your condition has a 94.72% probability of resulting in mission failure!"
If it were not a violation of protocol to deactivate the onboard AI you'd just switch the damned thing off, under normal circumstances Sana is an effective tool, but once things start going wrong She flies to pieces.
Several more minutes pass in the endless chatter, and just as you will the enemy to appear so you can inflict some of this pain on them, a bright red marker appears on your HUD.  "Finally, let's get this party started."

Mission: Protect civilians in western outer ring hab block, engage enemy as needed.
Reaver:
Main body: armor 50, hp 176/300
left arm: armor 30, hp 110/150
right arm: armor 30, hp 125/150
left leg: armor 35, hp 140/200
right leg: amor 35, hp 82/200
Right hand weapon: Bose Hurricane dual stage focused concussion sonic cannon: 100 AP, 20 damage, unlimited payload (cabled).
Right shoulder weapon: 'Duke' dismounted particle-beam cannon: 100 AP, 500 damage, 1 minute recharge (internal fusion core, particle collection grid).
Left shoulder weapon: 3M Hellstar electro-magnetic linear mass-driver: ignores armor, 200 damage, 10 rounds (clip magazine) 4 additional magazines.
Utility weapon: 'Avatar' plasma sword: 40 AP, 30 damage 120 minutes use (recharges when stowed).
Location: Western hab block, Niven inter-continental rail station.  Labyrinthus Noctis, Mars.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 06:06:15 pm by NullForceOmega »

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2014, 06:01:32 pm »

When we get eyes on the Ocari, open up with a Hellstar burst and a shot from the Duke, followed by a volley of Hurricane blasts. Also ponder why we haven't heard from Sana until now.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2014, 06:05:24 pm »

Sana was offline.

Fire the sonic also if the enemy still isn't dead.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2014, 06:13:02 pm »

Sana was offline.

Fire the sonic also if the enemy still isn't dead.
The Hurricane is the sonic. But sure. Keep firing the Bose Hurricane until it's dead.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2014, 06:18:13 pm »

Also, go up and stab it several times after that.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2014, 07:06:20 pm »

+1 to murder.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2014, 09:21:02 pm »

Yup. Just keep shootin'. And stabbin'. And generally causing massive bodily harm.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2014, 03:08:21 pm »

That was a long and terrible week.

As expected, the instant the Ocarai zeroes in on the thermal 'ghost' you've created, he dumps everything he's got at it.  Sadly for him it's nothing but a wrecked mag-lev train, as the debris settles you unload the Hellstar at him, and are utterly astonished as he tries to block the incoming shots with a shield.  Before you even get a chance to level the Duke he's charging, right into the Hurricane's cone of fire.  Laying into him with the sonic cannon is more effective than you expected, his armor appears to be some form of high-density ceramic composite judging by the way it shatters, his superstructure and servos on the other hand are clearly metal.  Still barreling towards you the Ocarai levels a thrust with some form of energized spear, thankfully you have enough purchase to evade, finally bringing the Duke to bear.  The discharge would have made Zeus himself red with embaressment, portions of the tunnel explode from heat expansion, the train is hurled from the station like a balsa wood mock-up, the Ocarai mech's entire left side vaporises almost instantly.  You own mech suffers moderate damage from the backwash as it is thrown bodily into the wall of the tunnel, suddenly you remember that you right leg is shattered, because the pain almost causes you to black out.

Mission: Protect civilians in western outer ring hab block, engage enemy as needed.
Reaver:
Main body: armor 40, hp 120/300
left arm: armor 25, hp 70/150
right arm: armor 25, hp 80/150
left leg: armor 30, hp 100/200
right leg: amor 30, hp 50/200
Right hand weapon: Bose Hurricane dual stage focused concussion sonic cannon: 100 AP, 20 damage, unlimited payload (cabled).
Right shoulder weapon: 'Duke' dismounted particle-beam cannon: 100 AP, 500 damage, charging (internal fusion core, particle collection grid).
Left shoulder weapon: 3M Hellstar electro-magnetic linear mass-driver: ignores armor, 200 damage, 0 rounds (clip magazine) 4 additional magazines.
Utility weapon: 'Avatar' plasma sword: 40 AP, 30 damage 120 minutes use (recharges when stowed).
Location: Western hab block, Niven inter-continental rail station.  Labyrinthus Noctis, Mars.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15