Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: Flailing Moshpit: The Ravencrest Chronicles  (Read 34375 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flailing Moshpit: The Ravencrest Chronicles
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2014, 04:55:50 pm »

I guess I should have said "Robin hangs out and waits for the boat to get to shore. Also, who am I and why am I here?"
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2014, 05:21:39 pm »

Spencer, upon landing, checks out all 3 taverns for the most crowded and then try to ask the barkeep if he heard any rumors about anything pertaining to gatherings (public and private). If I have any gold, feel free to grease his palms with a few gold coins if he refuses to talk. If he still refuses, head off to the next tavern, repeat until one gives me a few tips on the places I can check for gatherings that could lead me to the cult of evil (which evil? Loki? General evil? Do necessary history (religion) checks if I know)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2014, 05:34:54 pm »

I can't do much bound and gagged, since I don't want to break my restraints yet.
Then you should have said that.

Joe

Joe waits with his back against the wall, his arms in chains.
The man turns the corner around the stairwell, and stumbles slightly from the rocking of the boat.
"I'm sorry, Orc, I didn't hear you up there. The fuck was it you were saying?"
He walks closer, and cracks his knuckles.

Robin Blueeyes and Garenth Orcfodder

The wizards try to ineffectually splash at the water to speed up the boat.
They're now closer to the ship they saw earlier, and might be able to be seen now.

Spencer

(Huh, you're not actually trained in Religion, just Nobility, which wouldn't help here.)

Spencer disembarks from the merchant ships and spots three taverns within easy walking distance.
Deciding that the "Sailor's Wench" sounds more like it's a front for illegitimate business than a proper tavern, and seeing that the "Monkey's Casket" has a line out the door, for some bizarre reason, he heads to the "Norhtern Line", hoping that the first word is a reference he doesn't get, as opposed to a typo.

The man behind the counter glances briefly at him, and goes back to scrubbing the counter.
There's a couple sitting at a table nearby, a stout male dwarf with a quiver of javelins, and a female elf with a bow. They're wearing matching uniforms, and look quite better than the gnome passed out on the other side of the establishment, or the pair of red-robed human males at the bar. Other than them, the place looks empty.

Spencer checks his pockets. After paying the merchant for the ride, he's only got (roll) 7 pieces of gold left.
Hopefully that lasts.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2014, 05:41:01 pm »

Well Bollocks... Don't use that gold on info. Ask how much a room is, and see if I can hear the conversation amongst the two.

((I swore I took both knowledge checks I could, ride and heal?))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2014, 05:46:11 pm »

How am I bound, exactly?

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2014, 06:00:22 pm »

Garenth sighs, "Maybe the people in that ship over there can provide some assistance, though I'm not so sure they can see us yet."
  He thinks about the situation for a moment, before grinning slightly.  "Well... maybe they'll see this."  Raising his hand, he says, "Light!"

((It was tempting not to try and cast magic missile at the ship XD))

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2014, 07:03:15 pm »

"No, I'm alright. Well, you heading to that city over there? Mind if I come along?"
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2014, 07:23:47 pm »

"Not at all! What brings you to Ravencrest?"
Bret sets his pack, and resumes walking towards the city.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2014, 08:46:51 pm »

I- I don't exactly remember. Really, all I remember is a storm, my ship sinking, and then here. Nothing else. So the town is called Ravencrest, huh? Anything in particular you know about the place?
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2014, 09:10:12 pm »

"No. It's old, I guess, and theres a bunch of religious groups around. I'm here to check them out, see some cross-pollination can occur. It's probably futile, but I do like to try and share my faith with others."

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2014, 10:23:17 pm »

"Mmm.. Well, let's get moving, shall we? I hope to get there before dark. I can handle myself in the woods at night, but I don't know about you."
Arassuil begins trudging toward the city of Ravencrest.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2014, 10:37:24 pm »

Bret laughs aloud. "I don't believe I caught your name."

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2014, 11:14:24 pm »

"... I don't often give my name to strangers. Get to know me a little better, then maybe I'll tell you."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2014, 11:30:55 pm »

Bret shrugs. "As I understand it, it's common courtesy to give people your name when they give you theirs. That said, everyone's traditions are different."

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 20, 2014, 12:07:56 am »

"Common courtesy usually doesn't apply when you live alone in the wilderness, protecting the Free Peoples from the orcs that scourge the world.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 12:34:02 am by Scotsmen »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26