Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: Prince of the Mafia: Back in action  (Read 53882 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: Round 4: Day 5: new mod!
« Reply #255 on: May 12, 2014, 03:23:26 am »

Solymr
NQT: why didn't you ask me anything?
would say I was testing to see if you were paying attention, but that would be a lie. I just miscounted how many people I'd asked questions and thought I'd covered everyone. Did you learn anything in the night?

All— remember in this set-up, confirmed town players are highly useful for setting up action-confirmation chains at night. If we can confirm what everyone did in a night, we can root out the scum more quickly.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 12, 2014, 03:58:49 am »

I learned that nobody targeted me because no one wants their vote stolen :v

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2014, 04:31:38 am »

I learned that nobody targeted me because no one wants their vote stolen :v
Sorry, am I missing something? I know you knew Toaster had tried to steal your vote before. Did you ever explain why that didn't work? A quick search through the thread isn't coming up with answers.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 12, 2014, 05:02:18 am »

Dang I thought Toaster explained it better.
Well I practically claimed it in my last post, so I'll leave that there as a test of thinking.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 12, 2014, 05:20:31 am »

Oh, gee, of course I wasn't paying sufficient attention before. I get what you are now.

Flabort, TheDarkStar, Persus, which one of you has a benign night action? We have an opportunity here to reveal one of you as town: use your night action on Soly, and if Soly is still alive in the morning and you have no vote and someone else died, then you'll be confirmed as town. If Soly is dead then whoever is missing a vote will be scum.

Obviously only one person should target Soly, as we don't want them stealing so many votes that they can insta-win as scum.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 12, 2014, 11:50:31 am »

My night action is hardly benign. I am a Turquoise Goo Deep One. If I don't take actions at night, anything that targets me fails, and I have a night kill. And when I die I can turn someone else to goo.

So Not Quite There, unfortunately I cannot follow your plan.
So you said if your role works you don't get a PM for actions against you? Do these actions just poof or get redirected?
Why are you voting Persus and asking him if his vote was stolen when you can see that his vote wasn't stolen?
I Assume they just go poof. I don't actually know if any actions went poof, because I didn't get a PM.
I did the second thing because grah braindead do not post when drugged up.
"drowsiness and dizziness" my ass.
I meant TheDarkStar, obviously.
Persus13 Is it possible to you that your vote was stolen instead, and GP is a nonvoter something? Also, if you had a day kill available right now, who would you use it on? If you had an investigate last night, who would you have used it on?
TDS, could you answer this question instead?

Solymr again: Flailing is a good word, because I've got the most votes on me. And IRL I just came back from an overnight trip to the big city, and am currently being pushed to help clean up our house. I brought my laptop with me so I could still follow and post, but obviously I was not thinking when I made that post so that's one point brain one point meds.

When I said that if Persus said he targeted me, he could be lying, there is a 50/50 chance that's true. I don't actually KNOW if ANYONE tried to target me, therefore I don't know if my role works.

I should go back and take notes again, treat this game as more serious. Thought I would be dead the first phase I joined, after seeing so many deaths earlier.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 12, 2014, 06:36:39 pm »

Apparently I miscommunicated, and for that I apologize.  My vote may or may not of been stolen last night, as obviously I can't tell.  But it's unlikely that this would of changed anything, because for the foreseeable future, I don't have a vote anyways.
NQT:
Griffinpup
NQT: What's the biggest difference between this game and vanilla Mafia, and why does that matter?
The big difference is everyone has a high-powered power role that they picked themselves. As such, it's almost always possible to find scum by co-ordinating chains of confirmed town. What's your take on it?

I agree, of course.  However, this setup also incentives players to play for the long haul, which could end up reducing the overall effectiveness of town.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: Round 5: Day 5: new mod!
« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2014, 06:54:31 pm »

Votecount:

Solymr[0]
Persus13[0]
notquitethere[0]
TheDarkStar[1] - flabort
flabort[2] - Persus13, notquitethere
griffinpup[0]

Not voting[2] - Solymr, TheDarkStar

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: Round 4: Night 4: new mod!
« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2014, 06:59:23 pm »

Persus:
Toaster: I'd like to thank you for using my vote on the person I would have voted for last round. The fact he was using his past record as town MVP plus his effort to avoid death made Imperial seem pretty scummy.
Perhaps you should try to look even more like town.  Surely this will save you from being lynched.
No, why are you rolefishing? Or are you just trying to get me to ask you what happened to you during the night?
Wow.  Suspicious much?  Especially since the night phase is so essential in this type of game?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2014, 08:09:50 pm »

Persus
Yeah, I'm still primed and ready to blow. I'm going to hunt scum more voraciously than last round. Still got plenty more tricks up these sleeves. Do you really think rolefishing is a scum-tell in this set-up?
Not necessarily, it's just flabort's question seemed kind of odd, like he was trying to get people to ask about his role and at the same time find out someone else's. Starting off with that was felt off, so I pushed about it.

I'm not rolefishing. Or, if I am, it's by accident.
I'm trying to get an idea of what happened during the night. I haven't gotten a PM since the one with my role in it, so asking you if you targeted me, if you answered yes, was going to tell me one of two things:
A) You'd be a liar, or
B) My role works.
If you said you didn't, I'd not have any clue what to make of it.

I don't see why I'd be trying to get you to ask me anything. I could see why I'd be trying to get you to vote for someone, if I were the scum, but I'm not trying to do that.

Persus13 What is your opinion on Pistachio?
You were semi-rolefishing, and no, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The answer to your original question is no, by the way. The way you phrased your question made it seem like you were leading me to ask you about the reason behind asking your question. Unvote

I've had both good and bad pistachio ice cream. It depends on how I feel about it at the time.

Flabort, TheDarkStar, Persus, which one of you has a benign night action? We have an opportunity here to reveal one of you as town: use your night action on Soly, and if Soly is still alive in the morning and you have no vote and someone else died, then you'll be confirmed as town. If Soly is dead then whoever is missing a vote will be scum.
Can't do this as my role doesn't fit the necessary criteria.

Persus:
Toaster: I'd like to thank you for using my vote on the person I would have voted for last round. The fact he was using his past record as town MVP plus his effort to avoid death made Imperial seem pretty scummy.
Perhaps you should try to look even more like town.  Surely this will save you from being lynched.
Uhh, what?

No, why are you rolefishing? Or are you just trying to get me to ask you what happened to you during the night?
Wow.  Suspicious much?  Especially since the night phase is so essential in this type of game?
If something looks odd, I'm going to question it and apply pressure. Like this post, Griffinpup. Why are you so hostile to me all of a sudden. Why do you exclusively focus on me to the exclusion of all the other players? Why are you trying to make me look scummy, and not reinforce this with a vote or a FOS?

NQT: Is your flabort RVS, and why did you vote him immediately after I did?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 12, 2014, 08:51:58 pm »

As the last person, I can target him. I have an extra vote anyway.

Persus13 Is it possible to you that your vote was stolen instead, and GP is a nonvoter something? Also, if you had a day kill available right now, who would you use it on? If you had an investigate last night, who would you have used it on?
TDS, could you answer this question instead?

1. It's possible.
2. I would wait to kill for now.
3. I would probably have checked NQT to verify the validity of his plans.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 13, 2014, 07:05:26 am »

TDS: what is your role anyways? First you're a double voter, then you can act at night, but now there's two votes missing and only one explained by Toaster stealing it, and griffinpup is apparently not a nonvoter.
Explanation for this missing vote?

griffinpup: could ask you the same thing, can you explain the mystery of the missing vote?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 13, 2014, 08:04:45 am »

Persus:
Persus:
Uhh, what?
One of the most iconic scumtells in Mafia is trying too hard to look like town.  Incidentally, this is exactly what you're trying to do right now.  Some other examples of this is bemoaning the death of a doctor at night, or *cough *cough... The praising of a vigilante shot or lynch that happened to kill scum.
If something looks odd, I'm going to question it and apply pressure.
Let us look at your one-liner answer first, shall we?  The first thing that comes to mind, is of course, how?  How does It look odd?  Why exactly did you assume that he wanted you to ask the question in turn?  The evidence suggests that a ploy like that would hardly work.  Case in point, I asked a series of RVS questions at the beginning of the game.  I think that only one person responded with a question even close to what I asked about...
Like this post, Griffinpup. Why are you so hostile to me all of a sudden.
A few things.  I was never really 'not hostile' to you.  The only other interaction I've ever had with you was ask you a RVS question before most everyone had posted.  Moreover, being hostile to you isn't an automatic scumtell, as you imply throughout your post.  And finally, perhaps I suggest you glance at some of the previous games of mafia I've played.  You find that 'being hostile' ( aka, asking people questions) is something common throughout all the games I play.
Why do you exclusively focus on me to the exclusion of all the other players?
You mean the one post that I devoted to you minutes after I devoted a whole different post to other players?  It's unrealistic that I should expel the effort to exhaustively attack every player in the game, all at once.  And while I still watch and respond to other players in the game, I generally only have one player as a focus, yes.  But to answer your question bluntly, I'm not 'excluding' all other players at this point.  You're just my focus at the moment.  Does you being my main focus make me scummy?
Why are you trying to make me look scummy, and not reinforce this with a vote or a FOS?
Wait, I'm confused.  I thought that applying pressure when I saw something that looked odd WASN'T a scum move.  Unless... It's only scummy when I do it, and not scummy for you to do...  Snarkiness aside, I don't make you look scummy, nor am I trying.  In fact, your word usage on this point is quite interesting.  You see, town members care about who is scum.  Scum, on the other hand, care a lot about who LOOKS like scum.  You're quite worried about looking scummy right now, and significantly less worried about who IS scum.  Case in point, the only 'suspicious' or 'odd' behavior you've found so far has to do solely with interactions other players have had with you.  Not only can this be considered a form of OMGUS, it falls directly in line with the scum mindset you seem to be portraying right now.  So no, I'm not trying to make you look scummy.  You're doing that all by yourself, by portraying the very thought process only scum would have in this situation, by trying to first paint yourself heavily as town, then focusing only on the interactions involving you to do your supposed 'scumhunting'.  And finally, trying, not to find scum or defend yourself, but trying to avoid LOOKING like scum.

Your responses to my questions follow two trends
1: Attacking you is inherently scummy (not true)
2: The biggest concern you have is the appearance of scummitude (very true, and downright scummy)

Oh, and as for not voting you, try reading the thread.  I don't HAVE a vote.  Therefore voting you would be stupid.  A FOS without the threat of a vote behind it isn't a FOS at all, so doing one of those is stupid too.

Solymor:
As previously stated, I don't have a vote, and not necessarily because it got stolen.  It's part of my role.  and as to the explicit details of my role, I'm keeping those secret right now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 13, 2014, 09:23:55 am »

Persus
NQT: Is your flabort RVS, and why did you vote him immediately after I did?
No, I'm voting him because I think he's probably scum and his claim only further solidifies my suspicions. First he asks a bunch of useless questions which he follows up with more useless questions and a crypto-OMGUS that he quickly backs down from, and now he claims a role that explains any killing that occurs and also makes it less likely people will bother actioning him at night.

TDS
As the last person, I can target him. I have an extra vote anyway.
Cool, then that's a plan.

Flabort
My night action is hardly benign. I am a Turquoise Goo Deep One. If I don't take actions at night, anything that targets me fails, and I have a night kill. And when I die I can turn someone else to goo.
I see. And did you kill toaster last night?

Griffinpup
Did you target anyone last night?

Solymr You still steal the vote of a player who targets you if you die in the night, right?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 13, 2014, 09:40:38 am »

Nightkills are an action so yes. I can't think right now of any exception to that.

All of you: did anyone attempt an action on flabort to confirm if he did or did not act last night?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33