Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: Prince of the Mafia: Back in action  (Read 53896 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: Round 4: Night 4: new mod!
« Reply #240 on: May 11, 2014, 08:12:09 pm »

Oh, and my thanks Turuin.  It's unfortunate that you're not currently playing this round, but I hope to see you in the next one

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2014, 08:13:19 pm »

Solymr What is your impression of one town death happening during the night?
Persus13 Did you target me during the night? Did anything happen to you?
notquitethere Are you the prince?
TheDarkStar Didn't you have a double vote before? Why not now?
griffinpup What happened to your vote?

PPE: I have no clue. I was thinking some Resurrect type role, maybe with Ooze tacked on by the GM.
PPE2: I agree.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: Round 4: Day 4: new mod!
« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2014, 08:18:37 pm »

Flabort

To clarify my rules on multiple-voters:

If your vote is stolen you will not be notified. A votestealer will be told whether their action succeeded or failed, on which target. In votecounts, a player's name will show up once for each vote they have(as a voter, not a vote target).

The Universe ate it

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 11, 2014, 08:25:25 pm »

But WHY don't you have a vote? Were you supposed to have one, or is part of your role "nonvoter" or something?
The Cyan Menace

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 11, 2014, 08:28:46 pm »

TDS: What abilities, (if any) should roleclaim the first day?

If there wasn't a night before, than probably none (other that obvious ones), unless someone has a really weak role or one that kills anyone targeting them (although a fakeclaim might be better there).

If there was a night, then people should claim to see who made the actions if they have an applicable role.

Mod typo, I think.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 11, 2014, 08:32:46 pm »

Toaster: I'd like to thank you for using my vote on the person I would have voted for last round. The fact he was using his past record as town MVP plus his effort to avoid death made Imperial seem pretty scummy.

Persus13: If you were a bus driver, how would you play it?
Probably by bussing someone else I view as town with a scumpick of mine. That way any kills on town players get redirected to someone who might be scum. (Right now I might actually bus NQT and  someone else if I had that power)

Flabort:
Persus13 Did you target me during the night? Did anything happen to you?
No, why are you rolefishing? Or are you just trying to get me to ask you what happened to you during the night? And no, nothing really happened to me.

Notquitethere: You still a suicide bomber? What are you going to do now that no one will target you?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 11, 2014, 08:51:21 pm »

Griffinpup
NQT: What's the biggest difference between this game and vanilla Mafia, and why does that matter?
The big difference is everyone has a high-powered power role that they picked themselves. As such, it's almost always possible to find scum by co-ordinating chains of confirmed town. What's your take on it?

Yeah sure.  I don't have a vote, as is quite evident.  Did you manage to figure that one out all by yourself?
*Looks at vote count* Oh yeah, of course.

Flabort

No, I'm not even the artist formerly known as the prince. What did you expect me to say?

Also, were you paying no attention: Toaster, now deceased, was a vote stealer. He probably stole girffinpup's vote then was killed.

Darkstar
Given that there was just a night, what do you think people should claim now?

Persus
Yeah, I'm still primed and ready to blow. I'm going to hunt scum more voraciously than last round. Still got plenty more tricks up these sleeves. Do you really think rolefishing is a scum-tell in this set-up?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 11, 2014, 08:57:46 pm »

Toaster: I'd like to thank you for using my vote on the person I would have voted for last round. The fact he was using his past record as town MVP plus his effort to avoid death made Imperial seem pretty scummy.

You're welcome.   Also blarg i r ded
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of the Mafia: Round 4: Day 5: new mod!
« Reply #248 on: May 11, 2014, 09:04:17 pm »

I'm not rolefishing. Or, if I am, it's by accident.
I'm trying to get an idea of what happened during the night. I haven't gotten a PM since the one with my role in it, so asking you if you targeted me, if you answered yes, was going to tell me one of two things:
A) You'd be a liar, or
B) My role works.
If you said you didn't, I'd not have any clue what to make of it.

I don't see why I'd be trying to get you to ask me anything. I could see why I'd be trying to get you to vote for someone, if I were the scum, but I'm not trying to do that.

If there was a night, then people should claim to see who made the actions if they have an applicable role.

Mod typo, I think.
That would work. It could also explain griffinpup's missing vote.

What kinds of roles would you consider applicable?

PPE:

Flabort

No, I'm not even the artist formerly known as the prince. What did you expect me to say?

Also, were you paying no attention: Toaster, now deceased, was a vote stealer. He probably stole girffinpup's vote then was killed.
Well, I expected a "no". But I'm still not great at this whole "asking good questions" thing, and figured it was as good as "Chocolate or Strawberry?". Which is what I was about to ask you.

But isn't there a high chance that, as Toaster is dead, the vote might have been returned? Or maybe there's some OTHER reason?
Perhaps Toaster stole TheDarkStar's vote, and griffinpup's vote is gone due to his role?

Perhaps this series of questions would be better at scum hunting than trying to determine everyone's roles:
Solymr Would you prefer Peanut Butter or Mint?
Persus13 What is your opinion on Pistachio?
notquitethere Chocolate or Strawberry?
TheDarkStar Would you pick Vanilla over any other flavor?
griffinpup What is YOUR favorite ice cream?
Zombie Toaster What is a dead person's favorite ice cream?
The Cyan Menace

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 11, 2014, 09:20:49 pm »

Flabort
But isn't there a high chance that, as Toaster is dead, the vote might have been returned? Or maybe there's some OTHER reason?
Perhaps Toaster stole TheDarkStar's vote, and griffinpup's vote is gone due to his role?
Read Toaster's role PM again. I think it's pretty clear what happened.

notquitethere Chocolate or Strawberry?
Ignore Persus, some light role-fishing is appropriate in this set-up. With six people left alive, it's often possible to find game-breaking strategies if you have some knowledge of people's roles. Chocolate or strawberry tells you nothing.

(Incidentally, I don't eat icecream. Even when I did, chocolate doesn't taste right and most 'strawberry' icecreams don't even have strawberries in.)

Scum hunting questions should tell you something about who I am and what my alignment might be. Has your question helped?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 11, 2014, 09:30:11 pm »

Darkstar
Given that there was just a night, what do you think people should claim now?

I think it might be better if things were found with rolefishing, since people can decide how important it is that their role is known - having a known role tends to increase the risk of being killed.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 11, 2014, 09:31:05 pm »

Nope - I like Pistachio ice cream the most. If you haven't had it, you should.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 11, 2014, 09:33:55 pm »

Scum hunting questions should tell you something about who I am and what my alignment might be. Has your question helped?
Yes, actually. Unvote, I guess OMGUS was the inappropriate response from me.
You have a town lean, although my personal impression of you is a minor obtuse trait. I will try to look past that.
(Incidentally, I don't eat icecream. Even when I did, chocolate doesn't taste right and most 'strawberry' icecreams don't even have strawberries in.)
Aww, that's too bad. How about cake?
Flabort
Read Toaster's role PM again. I think it's pretty clear what happened.
One vote missing would explain that. However, both griffinpup's vote and one of TDS's votes are gone. Only one can be from Toaster.
Yes, it is clear that he stole one vote. It's also clear that his power cannot steal two.
Furthermore, both Toaster and TDS were in the previous game. GP only joined this night, so Toaster would be less likely to target him, I think.

Persus13 Is it possible to you that your vote was stolen instead, and GP is a nonvoter something? Also, if you had a day kill available right now, who would you use it on? If you had an investigate last night, who would you have used it on?
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 11, 2014, 09:35:06 pm »

Nope - I like Pistachio ice cream the most. If you haven't had it, you should.
It is good. I haven't been able to find it for some time, though.
However, Tiger Ice Cream. Oh, that is awesome, and my favorite.
The Cyan Menace

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 12, 2014, 03:00:58 am »

griffin: well I didn't really do much since IG was beasting until the round he was prince where I exposed Toaster as vote thief and TDS as double voterrrrrrr-

Votecount for reals

flabort: Normal mafia kill I guess?
Well I have a couple questions for you:
So you said if your role works you don't get a PM for actions against you? Do these actions just poof or get redirected?
Why are you voting Persus and asking him if his vote was stolen when you can see that his vote wasn't stolen?

You're flailing around too suspiciously. When you said that if Persus had made an action against you, why would that tell you that Persus lies when your role apparently protects you from actions? Why are you asking useless questions? Why aren't you paying attention?

NQT: why didn't you ask me anything?

Can't think of any other questions for now.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33