Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Author Topic: Starlight (TSG)  (Read 34753 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight (TSG)
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2014, 05:22:45 pm »

(I find this happens a bit with suggestion games. I call it Imaginative User Focus Syndrome. I think it'll settle down by the time we've got a strong focus on the plot [Thus an idea of where to go] and the setting [Thus an idea of why to do it]. Also, goddammit, everyone has Descan avatars and it makes me think for a few seconds 'Ooh, Descan posted in my thread, fancy that' before I cop on and realize it was a TRICK.)
Onwards to the dorms!
And keep chattering with them!
You increase the amount of chatter as you enter the proper part of town. There's a few cafés and restaraunts here and there, all nice and folksy. The intersection here is a square, with a monument to the Burnings (in bronze) in the center: a group of four soldiers (One Chinese, one American, one Russian, one British) standing with their guns pointed in all directions within a defensive square. As you pass, you see a plaque in gold leaf that reads "IT IS BETTER TO DIE STANDING THEN TO LIVE UPON YOUR KNEES
DECEMBER 9TH 2017 - JULY 4TH 2021 NEVER FORGOTTEN"

A woman with nut-brown skin, flat dark eyes, and curly white hair that reaches down in a neck-long ponytail is observing the statue. She is wearing a red jacket and black trousers. She seems important, as everyone gives her a wide birth but pays attention when she moves. She looks at the three of you, and you see an ID card on a fabric necklace: "Başak Kraus: Security Captain".

"Can I help you?" says Kraus, with a German accent.
Spoiler: Situation (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2014, 05:25:05 pm »

Ask if this is the right building. Ask how her day was. Ask general questions about her.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2014, 07:54:31 pm »

Ask where the bathroom is! And where you can get some water to drink!
Take a closer look at this text!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2014, 09:08:33 pm »

Ask if this is the right building. Ask how her day was. Ask general questions about her.

+1 ((And i just like +1ing what ever kev says.  :P ))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2014, 06:28:21 pm »

Ask where the bathroom is! And where you can get some water to drink!
"Most places?" she says, confused. "We have a lot of running water and toilets around here."

"Cool! Hey, is this the temporary dormitory? I hope you had a nice day today! What do you do as a security captain?"

"Er... First things first, the Temporary Dormitory is just there." Kraus points to a large building, similar to a fancy apartment block. It's large and tall, with the higher floors probably getting a nice view of the town. There's even a garden on top. "And secondly, yes, I did have a good day today. My duty as security captain is to provide a service to the community at large. If you have a problem with anyone or have a problem with the current arrangement of your life, feel free to ask me for assistance."

A man in a baseball cap and a t-shirt saying "Smile, it's less effort!" walks up to Kraus awkwardly. "Er, ma'am? I need to talk to you about something." Kraus holds up an apologetic hand to you and walks with the capped man to the back of the statue. They begin to talk about something. Quite... heatedly, judging by the noises.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2014, 06:31:07 pm »

Wait for her to finish talking and ask if everything is okay and if we can help with anything.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2014, 06:38:44 pm »

Eavesdrop!
and then
Wait for her to finish talking and ask if everything is okay and if we can help with anything.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2014, 06:54:19 pm »

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2014, 08:10:21 pm »

Eavesdrop!
You sneak around the corner of the statue and listen in. Oliver looks at you funny, but you strain your ears and try to detect the conversation.

"I'm sorry, ma'am." says the guard. "But this is just wrong. Morally. I don't think I could do it."

"You have to." says Kraus. "She's refused to listen to reason, and she's bribed half the guards. We have to deal with the cancer she's spreading or the entire goddamn force is going to be corrupt."

"But... she's 17. Christ, she's not even an adult yet." says the guard.

"You listen here. All the Burners were teens. Didn't stop them from killing four billion people. Even though I bet you were still wanking to Scarlett Johanson and playing Call of Duty during the Burnings, I remember it." says Kraus. "And let me tell you, when you remember fighting in the Burnings, you get some real perspective on what's right and what's wrong. Dismissed."

Kraus walks away from the guard, who looks at his shoes. You do your best to look natural.

As she rounds the corner, she jumps at your appearance despite the fact you're just leaning against the wall, smiling.

"Everything okay? Can I help with something?" you ask. She narrows her eyes at you for a split second, then smiles back.

"Well, that's very kind of you, but..." she pauses. "Actually, you can." She takes out an envelope and hands it to you. It's nice paper, and seems to be holding a letter.

"Get this to 17 Silver Walk. It's for Azucena Rovigatta. If you get it to her, I can put in a good word for you." Kraus puts on a winning smile. "How's about that, kiddo?"

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2014, 08:16:30 pm »

Deliver the letter. Resist every urge to open it. Until we're alone, of course.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2014, 08:32:56 pm »

Do this.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2014, 08:36:42 pm »

Do this.

+1

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2014, 08:56:04 pm »

Do this.

+1

Ask what she looks like to make sure we get the right person. Also +1

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2014, 09:00:20 pm »

Do this.

+1

Yesh. And see if our two companions want to come along.
Possibly pointless Extremely Story Implicative side quests ahoy!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2014, 09:27:37 pm »

Do this.

+1

Yesh. And see if our two companions want to come along.
Possibly pointless Extremely Story Implicative side quests ahoy!

+1
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37