Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37

Author Topic: Starlight (TSG)  (Read 34767 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Starlight (TSG)
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2014, 02:23:25 pm »

I guess where your ID says, did you grab a brochure? They have maps.

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2014, 02:27:24 pm »

I guess where your ID says, did you grab a brochure? They have maps.
"Well, I was kinda in a hurry to get out of there, to be honest." Daniella says. "Those guys by the doors were scary."

Oliver makes a scoffing noise. Daniella gives him as much as a look of anger that social standards allow.

Ask where her ID says she is staying.
"Where are you staying at?" you ask. She fumbles, and takes her ID card out of her pocket. She shows it to you, revealing her name to be "Daniella De Ven", the fact that she is an Elementalist, and the fact she is staying in the temporary dormitory at room B21, bed one.

"Hey, that's a coincidence, that's the room I'm staying at! That's almost so suspiciously convenient as to be evoking feelings of paranoia that I may or may not act on. Either way, I shall be paying attention to this development. Well, considering that we'll be roommates, I can't not but pay attention to this development, I guess. Hey, wait, if this is suspicious, implying that this is in fact a deliberate action by some unknown group, what would be the motive? Maybe I'm reading too much into this. Anyway, isn't this cool, then?"

She pauses for a few seconds, then says "I guess?". Oliver is staring at you and seems to be confused at your ability to say a paragraph of words in under a minute.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2014, 02:34:49 pm »

Use our amazing map skills to find our way to our place. Also, rearrange B21 so that it says B12.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2014, 02:35:02 pm »

Well we could try to find it together if you want.

Hey Oliver! Where do you live? Do by some strange coincidence you happen to live there also?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2014, 02:38:12 pm »

Hey Oliver! Where do you live? Do by some strange coincidence you happen to live there also?

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2014, 03:11:41 pm »

Daniella thinks for a moment, then nods. Oliver looks at you. "B21. Bed three, whatever that means."
Use our amazing map skills to find our way to our place. Also, rearrange B21 so that it says B12.
You decide not to pursue that odd coincidence just yet and begin to walk down the road, eventually arriving at the intersection between Oak and Diamond Street. The pines stand tall around here with the golden sunlight shining through them. It creates a nice effect on the ground and the road, like stained glass. Before you head on, you motion to Oliver and Daniella. They quickly follow along.

Daniella and Oliver are now following you.

You can head downwards into the town, or you could keep walking along the pleasant treeline of Oak Street to find another road downwards. Now that you have a clearer view of the area, you realize the place is bigger then you thought. Must have been the angle. Perhaps they do that to instill a cosy feeling? Through Diamond Street, you estimate it would take you about 15 minutes to walk to Dragonfly Street.

"These palsy-walsy names are annoying." says Oliver. "Diamond Street. Oak Street. What next, Teddy Bear Lane and Smile Street?"
Spoiler: Situation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:13:53 pm by Fniff »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2014, 03:42:20 pm »

Read off the strangest names on the map as we progress to the dorms via a randomly selected route.

Also chat them up. Ask them questions about themselves and their lives and other stuff. Also try to find out what subclass Oliver is. Preferably by asking him. Also share what we are.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2014, 03:58:47 pm »

Read off the strangest names on the map as we progress to the dorms via a randomly selected route.

Also chat them up. Ask them questions about themselves and their lives and other stuff. Also try to find out what subclass Oliver is. Preferably by asking him. Also share what we are.
+1 But instead of directly telling them what subclass we are, let's change our hair color once every thirty seconds.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2014, 04:03:49 pm »

+1 But instead of directly telling them what subclass we are, let's change our hair color once every thirty seconds.
I think we can only do that once a day.
We could always change the tips and our purple eye to green though. I wanna keep the brown color scheme we have, green and purple go with that.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2014, 04:06:41 pm »

We could always change the tips and our purple eye to green though. I wanna keep the brown color scheme we have, green and purple go with that.

+1

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2014, 04:30:11 pm »

You take out the brochure and make a humming noise. "Let's see here! We got Hummingbird Lane, Sunset Walk, Tulip Walk, Poppy Drive, Pearl Lane, Golden Walk. Moon Drive, Misty Drive. Want some more?"

"Please give pause so I can take a moment to throw up." says Oliver with a joking tone. Around you the pines slowly recede into tall, wooden houses surrounded by picket fences with grassy, crisp lawns outside. Two women are talking to each other cheerily each one on either side of a fence. You look out your peripheral, and see the blond one press something behind her ear and whisper something. You walk back and begin to shoot the breeze.

"Sooo, what do you guys do when you're not in this sort of situation? Where are you from?"

"I'm from Johannesburg." says Daniella. "I just go... went to school, did my homework, listened to music, played RPGs. You're probably the first people I've talked to who aren't my family."

"Unlike Daniella, I come from a rich and amazingly complicated social web of like-minded peers based in Viken, Norway." says Oliver. "Said peers also removed my fingers when I spoke a little too much to some merc cops, so I think Daniella might have the right idea with that whole social isolation."

"Your friends chopped off your fingers because you spoke to a police officer?" says Daniella in shock.

"I broke my peer's leg when he stole some kroner off me to buy crack. He waterboarded my girlfriend at the time. Swings and roundabouts."

You decide to change the subject. "Sooo, what's everyone's classifications?"

Daniella seems perturbed by Oliver's comments, but responds. "I'm an elementalist. Actually found out my power when I had a bunch of titanium appear in front of me just as my sister threw a coke bottle at me. Don't ask."

"I'm an adept. Not as weird as you'd think. What's yours, Akei?"

You change your hairtips and right eye to green. Oliver rolls his eyes and says something about show-offs.
Spoiler: Situation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:11:04 pm by Fniff »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2014, 04:42:48 pm »

Onwards to the dorms!
And keep chattering with them!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2014, 04:45:23 pm »

Onwards to the dorms!

+1

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2014, 04:50:23 pm »

Onwards to the dorms!

+1
+1 This game is really just 'Do whatever Kevak says. DO IT.' so far.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2014, 04:52:59 pm »

Wooo! Narrative Control Powers!

But in all seriousness, that's probably because nobody really has a good feel for the character yet and I sorta am just pushing it along a path that will probably develop an interesting character so everybody is just going with it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37