Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 3: IC Thread  (Read 27299 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2-2: IC Thread
« Reply #390 on: June 03, 2014, 12:23:13 pm »

"I don't... don't really mind sh-sharing a room..."
Ayleen parsed the sentence over thrice in her mind as she noted it not connecting with her own statement. The bunks were pretty spacious--and by that she meant there was more than enough space for the lot of them...While she could've mistaken the words 'rest' and 'here'...she was pretty sure she spoke it in a clear and quick way that no pause would ever give that intention.
...Unless Selina was thinking of something else in her mind. Or...she was that timid and respectful. Most likely, both.

"I wonder, what do you think about the rest, here with us?"
I'm sure I didn't say it that way...
Ayleen looked back at Selina.

"There's enough room for all of us. I'm just wondering if everyone's OK. Like Dany and Dustine and that pirate whom I forgot...despite this seemingly being his ship."

She stood up and moved over to her bunk, which was coincidentally between Selina's and Dany's.

"But Dany has the best idea at hand. I think we should all take a nice sleep and rest our aches and pains. You should rest most of all Selina--while the poison is purged from you, a bit of relaxation won't hurt."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 03, 2014, 12:38:42 pm »

"O-okay... um..." Selina seemed to be struggling with something, glancing at her bunk and then at Ayleen's.

"W-w-would you... like to share... a-a bunk...?" Selina immediately blushes a ton, regretting that immediately. She was already embarrassed enough, and this would probably give the wrong idea as well... She quickly rolled over on the bunk to hide her embarrassment. This was a mistake...
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 03, 2014, 03:42:47 pm »

Garshlow remained outside in case anything happened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 03, 2014, 04:02:10 pm »

"Yes!"

...Was the first word that was spoken before Ayleen could think about it. Given that impulse, she quickly rolled off her bunk--catching herself by reflex (and surprising herself) before the floor and plopped on Selina's bed, poking her with her index finger on the shoulder.

"Err, you feel cold right? Yeah, I know it can be drafty here and..well, alright. Just for this trip. I'll probably help you with your seasickness. Dany won't mind over there."
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:04:03 pm by Tiruin »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 03, 2014, 04:04:55 pm »

With goods on in the hold, Rosa Azul left the tiny port of Remalde and sailed forth to the south-west, toward the Formos city.

~~Chapter 1: The Cursed Pirates~~

On the way to the Formos, just as they were entering the Zobian channel between the mainland and Isle of Caren, thick fog rolled in. Within minutes, everything was coated in greyness. The sun was however still high on the heaven, visible as dim bright sphere, and the air was warm.

This wasn't natural fog at all...

"So, Captain... ever seen something like this?" Julian asked, stepping near the steering wheel and Captain. Others were on the deck below, staring over the railings, trying to see anything in these milky clouds.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 03, 2014, 07:09:39 pm »

Selina blushed brightly and gulped as Ayleen lay next to her, unsure of what to make of the reaction from her, but glad she hadn't caused a problem. In the end, Selina fell asleep and had ended up cuddled up to Ayleen in her sleep. Ayleen probably woke up first that morning so Selina wouldn't know it had happened.

Selina was on deck, pale and not too aware of the fog around them as she hung on to the railing as she lost her lunch again.

"I... hate... boats..."
[/quote]

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 03, 2014, 07:27:52 pm »

Esori, having since managed to dry out his armour and get changed back belowdecks, wanders around the deck peering into the fog.

"Hrmm... I think I'm going to take a look around, try to make sure nothing comes out of this fog and surprises us. Rose! Here, girl!" Esori puts on his wing plates and mounts his pegasus, glancing around nervously.

"Dustine, want to join me? Six eyes are better than four in this murk."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 03, 2014, 07:30:46 pm »

Walking out of the cabin to find the ship blanketed in fog, Dustine frowned. This didn't look good. Walking up to where the captain and Julian were standing, Dustine commented,

"Something's not right. Almost feels magical in nature though... that's not quite it either."

Just then, Esori offered to scout, right as she'd been about to suggest it. Smiling at the pegasus rider, she nodded.

"I was about to suggest you go scouting. And I would be glad to scout with you. Perhaps if we can't see anything, I'll be able to sense some magic working or some such thing."

Walking over to the rider, she offered her hand to him, clearly hoping for the man to help her up. The pegasus was a bit tall for her to be able to do it easily by herself.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2014, 01:02:14 am »

Ayleen lay down behind Selina and hugged her all the while, mixed with worry and concern and that sort of strange, yet familiar, love for other people. She was timid, but brave and even quite cheery at times--but very, very, very nice to other people. And that is what she valued.

As the boat rocked and swayed in the waves, and sure she was when Selina was sound asleep along with Dany, her mind drifted off to dream, in the hymn of her song and country.
Dawnward, dawnward we sail under sky,
blue and everlasting as evening dies;
the sun shall rise and shine to us light
as the seas will embrace, when we enter the night~

A strange feeling in the air hit Ayleen after what seemed only a moment of drifting in thought, and she awoke to find Dany, Dustine and Selina asleep. She got out of Selina's bed, subtly and quietly to ensure her needed rest (and probably to ensure her lack of worry for some reason) and gave Dany a little kiss to see her in the room--
"Morning sleepyhead~"--come to think of it, she had never seen her here for quite some time, but that was maybe due to lacking awareness of the layout of the ship.

Coming on deck, it was like one of those days back in her homeland. When a fog this dense rolls in, there was either a very humid time coming about or something was very wrong in the atmosphere. She stood gazing off the starboard side until she heard voices.

"I... hate... boats..."
"And I love boats! Keeps us warm and dry from the cold, cold seas. How's your sleep, sleepy?" Ayleen said as she hugged Selina from behind.

She looked around and saw the outline of a pegasus on board.
"Good day Esori! Pretty early to see you up at this time!"

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 04, 2014, 02:18:07 am »

"'Morning, Ayleen. Can you make sure everyone else is awake? Something's up, we can all feel it." Esori draws his javelin, so that it won't be pinned between his back and his passenger, and offers his other hand towards Dustine. "Here. Brace your foot against mine and jump a little bit, and I'll pull you up."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 04, 2014, 04:12:03 am »

Suddenly, both Epona and Rose began to neigh and stomp in their spots, as if something spooked them.

And then came very, very loud wailing sounds. It was hard to pinpoint the source - it seemed that horrible noises came from everywhere around the ship.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 04, 2014, 05:58:45 am »

"Nnnnhhhhh...."

Dany whined and tossed and turned in his sleep.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 04, 2014, 06:56:28 am »

"So, Captain... ever seen something like this?"
"I don't think I've ever seen anything like this at all before, lad."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 04, 2014, 07:22:01 am »

[...]
And then came very, very loud wailing sounds. It was hard to pinpoint the source - it seemed that horrible noises came from everywhere around the ship.

"I'll...fetch Dany." Ayleen said, breaking up her hug on Selina and going back to the ladies cabin.

"C'mon up sleepy-sleep!" she said, nudging Dany fairly by the shoulder, giving her a poke in the midsection, and nudging her again by the shoulder. "We need your wakeful presence!"
Must be read tired ._.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 04, 2014, 09:11:37 am »

"uhhhnnn..." Selina barely reacted to the hug, a little color to her cheeks the only reaction as she tried to keep her insides inside. The comfort was nice though, and when Ayleen left, Selina felt slightly better knowing someone had cared a bit. She wandered over to her bow case to make sure it was still dry inside, knowing how bad fog would affect it.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37