Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Mini Mafia Madness: Game over, Tiruin and TheDarkStar win!  (Read 32373 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Mafia Madness: Of Clowns and Cannons (DAY 2 ; 1 replace needed)
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2014, 05:58:16 pm »

Sorry guys, unvote tent 3-- busy weekend, will post when I can.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2014, 06:53:42 pm »

Yeah, I'm a cop, by the way.  And I got town on GWG... Great.  Umm, NQT, your claim is as panicked as it is ludicrous.  Assuming that GWG and I are both mafia means that this game's already over.  Assuming one of us is town and is merely lying is also quite ludicrous.
NQT 4
Well, as long as Tiruin doesn't vote for me we'll be good. Assuming, of course, that NQT isn't a crazy townie implying that Tiruin is the mafia.
Maybe the scan wasn't so terrible.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 16, 2014, 09:12:39 pm »

VOTECOUNTS:

Tent 2:
TheDarkStar (0):
Griffinpup (1): GreatWyrmGold
GreatWyrmGold (0):
Not Voting (2): Griffinpup, TheDarkStar

Tent 3:
DarkPaladin109 Persus13 (0):
NotQuiteThere (0): Persus13
WhitiusOpus (0):
Tiruin (0):
Not Voting (4): WhitiusOpus, Tiruin, NotQuiteThere

Tent 4:
Griffinpup (0):
GreatWyrmGold (1): NotQuiteThere
Tiruin (0):
NotQuiteThere (2): Griffinpup, GreatWyrmGold
Not Voting (1): Tiruin
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2014, 09:23:13 pm »

Yeah, I'm a cop, by the way.  And I got town on GWG... Great.  Umm, NQT, your claim is as panicked as it is ludicrous.  Assuming that GWG and I are both mafia means that this game's already over.  Assuming one of us is town and is merely lying is also quite ludicrous.
NQT 4

And... That's all the time I got right now.  Tent 2 postponed to later today, again...
Expound the orange.

Why?
How is that quite ludicrous when its a 'one of us is town' position? In my viewpoint, that's...err, saying that one of you is scum and has found the other as town. Only that they have to guess the role to add it up.

*looks back*
. . .
I don't even all this.

NQT 4
Well, as long as Tiruin doesn't vote for me we'll be good. Assuming, of course, that NQT isn't a crazy townie implying that Tiruin is the mafia.
:V
I don't even more of this.

3 people claiming cop and me.
4 people in tent 4.

Two have confirmed each other...
One has confirmed one of the confirmers as scum.

*looks at patterns*
Yeah, I seriously doubt the system of events. We've got a 1 Mafia fakeclaimer; 1 Non-Town wincon-person arrangement, and funny thing is I'm not one of them. :v

NQT 4
Mm, perhaps you're new to this but. . .mm, perhaps consider the notion from an observer--I am wholly unsure if you, if whoever is telling the truth is innocent, thus I default to a mode or method of communication that would best help by assumptions in finding who is telling the truth or not.
Questioning, in my viewpoint, is best. (Unless I'm scum though, that is also an assumption to be made plausible: in which you and others would communicate to discern well.)
Now, the problem here is that. . .

I've noticed you do that note of seeing and stating yourself as town and all that. IC note ahead: Even if you are, there exists ways on how to convince or persuade others that you are what you speak, and not just saying 'I'm town guys. I'm town because the mod made me town.'
Nah, that isn't a good way. Sure, its a blatant way, and yeah--you could make it metaknowledge on you that you'd be doing that method easily--why it is put under scrutiny is because of one principle.
You could easily say such if you're scum, and if unquestioned, a simple disarming question like "Hey GWG, are you scum?" would work.
Yeah, you may play it off with sarcasm (which is what I do when I'm scum at times, and even not ;D) but it is in the essence or details of a person's posts which show the alignment, and generally not these..err, labels.

SO. Yeah. I see the situation above and see how you detailed it. It is put under scrutiny due to NQT calling you out as scum. But you're ok in my eyes until further notice.

NQT: When you return I expect those answers.
Same to you, Griffin. :)

Tent 3, will catch up soon:
Still under bad stuffs :x

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2014, 09:23:36 pm »

NQT: Also, your reads on us all? That is imperative.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 16, 2014, 10:11:17 pm »

NQT: Also, your reads on us all? That is imperative.
This.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2014, 04:19:42 am »

flabort: Timecheck?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2014, 04:39:03 am »

Sorry guys, I'm stuck on my phone until tomorrow. Will give a full post with actual reasoning and thinking things through very soon. We've got until Monday to work this out.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2014, 08:18:02 am »

Why?
How is that quite ludicrous when its a 'one of us is town' position? In my viewpoint, that's...err, saying that one of you is scum and has found the other as town. Only that they have to guess the role to add it up.
Actually, it [NQT's claim] is saying that we're working together despite one of us being mafia and one of us being town.

Mm, perhaps you're new to this but. . .mm, perhaps consider the notion from an observer--I am wholly unsure if you, if whoever is telling the truth is innocent, thus I default to a mode or method of communication that would best help by assumptions in finding who is telling the truth or not.
Understandable.

Even if you are, there exists ways on how to convince or persuade others that you are what you speak, and not just saying 'I'm town guys. I'm town because the mod made me town.'
Nah, that isn't a good way. Sure, its a blatant way, and yeah--you could make it metaknowledge on you that you'd be doing that method easily--why it is put under scrutiny is because of one principle.
You could easily say such if you're scum, and if unquestioned, a simple disarming question like "Hey GWG, are you scum?" would work.
Yeah, you may play it off with sarcasm (which is what I do when I'm scum at times, and even not ;D) but it is in the essence or details of a person's posts which show the alignment, and generally not these..err, labels.
Yup. Bit of a pickle at times. Glad I figured something out here, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2014, 12:48:14 pm »

PFP
Persus13 last post 72 hours ago
WhitiusOpus last post 52 hours ago
TheDarkStar last post 42 hours ago

will poke all three.
The Cyan Menace

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2014, 01:03:50 pm »

PFP
Persus13 last post 72 hours ago
WhitiusOpus last post 52 hours ago
TheDarkStar last post 42 hours ago

will poke all three.

I last posted less than 24 hours ago. I don't think I need a prod.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2014, 01:05:38 pm »

PFP
This is why I normally don't rely on those automatic program things.
The Cyan Menace

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2014, 03:39:46 pm »

Ok, ok, I'll post.

Tent 2: It's LyLo and nothing has been said. We'll most likely lose if nothing happens. What are your two reads? GWG, why are you voting (if you have said why, I must have missed it)?

My reads will come later when I have time.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2014, 06:08:55 pm »

Because I expected other people to be voting. Also because I hoped that maybe it would give a hint. Someone backing or criticizing or defending griffinpup too quickly? Worth a shot.

Tent 2: Unvote.
Sig

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2014, 08:05:28 pm »

Tent 2:

GWG 2:
Because I expected other people to be voting. Also because I hoped that maybe it would give a hint. Someone backing or criticizing or defending griffinpup too quickly? Worth a shot.
This is completely inconsistent with the opinion that GWG has already forwarded about scumtells.  Several times GWG has claimed that scumtells are spurious at best, the most iconic ones below.

I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that what people say is in any way a reliable indicator of what they are.
Or, alternatively, I'm aware that these "scumtells" you're looking for are BS. Do you seriously think that the Mafia are unaware of these scumtells, and wouldn't try to avoid dropping them, even by accident?
Votes. Anything else is something the person wants to have posted, so any tells you read from them are as likely to be meaningless as not.
None of us have any evidence whatsoever, except for stuff they try to interpret from stray "suspicious" words

So, from GWG's perspective, pretty much everything except votes is meaningless.  Now let's read his newest post again.

Wait, suddenly what someone says or the speed in which they say it matters go GWG? Bull.  It's GWG's clear opinion that a town could fall for this 'trap' as soon, if not sooner, then mafia would.  Which means that this doesn't add up.  GWG would never of tried that trap as he claims to have done.  And this is why I think GWG is scum, and this is why I'm voting him.  Also, let's look at the 'trap' itself.  Even if it were true, it still doesn't add up.  His goal was supposedly to gage everyone's reactions to his vote, but he unvotes as soon as he's even questioned on it?  Bah.  Easier explanation?  GWG's scum
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20